HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
We expected them to available already, but there is a problem with reliability that may be due to hardware problem with the new CPU. I am not sure where the problem actually lies yet.

We may release our backup Nanos in the interim. We try to keep a few hundred extras of each product for repair/replacement, but we really haven't had to use many of those so we could sell them off.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 03:35 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Phoenix
Joined Apr 2006
377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
We expected them to available already, but there is a problem with reliability that may be due to hardware problem with the new CPU. I am not sure where the problem actually lies yet.

We may release our backup Nanos in the interim. We try to keep a few hundred extras of each product for repair/replacement, but we really haven't had to use many of those so we could sell them off.
Please put me down for 4 if you decide to sell. Thanks.
outkast1779 is offline Find More Posts by outkast1779
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:32 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:

I vote for selling them... I'd love a half dozen of them, I know a couple of friends in need also...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
USA, NJ, Mullica Hill
Joined Dec 2004
84 Posts
Quote:

I would like to get a few as well to try as I have been using the 8 and 10 channel Rxs.
thebluemax is offline Find More Posts by thebluemax
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Fast is good
USA, IN, Hagerstown
Joined Oct 2003
368 Posts
I need a couple also.,
jrplane is offline Find More Posts by jrplane
Old Oct 13, 2012, 04:26 PM
Joined Jul 2006
784 Posts
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrplane View Post
I need a couple also.,
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
10 Posts
Will there be a replacement for the 8 channel RXs? a 9 channel is supposedly in the works but when will this be available?
didit33 is offline Find More Posts by didit33
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,510 Posts
I hope the new receivers come out soon. I really don't want to be tempted again by all of those Spektrum receivers I ripped out of my models because I'm building stuff I can't fly.

A little updating of the website would go a long way towards restoring confidence.
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:50 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
There is nothing to update on the website. Because of the problem with the new Nano, we will be releasing the extras we have, and may even go back to the original version for more production.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Jan 2005
50 Posts
Quote:
There is nothing to update on the website. Because of the problem with the new Nano, we will be releasing the extras we have, and may even go back to the original version for more production.
Are you having the same issues with the 9-12-16 channel RXs?
RICHARD3851 is offline Find More Posts by RICHARD3851
Old Oct 18, 2012, 02:20 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
If they all use the same CPU it is possible the problem would exist in the 9-12-16 channel RX's also. Wonder if the new CPU chip has its problems because of a bad lot or something inherent?
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:55 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,510 Posts
It is unfortunate that all the info is coming through a third party server because just when some information of any use gets out there, the thread is shut down.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:33 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2 View Post
If they all use the same CPU it is possible the problem would exist in the 9-12-16 channel RX's also. Wonder if the new CPU chip has its problems because of a bad lot or something inherent?
Inherent. An Errata was issued describing the problem with no work around (of course after we went to production). It doesn't seem to affect all parts the same way, which is why I only saw this issue once during testing. I changed the CPU and the problem went away so I figured that it was just a bad CPU. So, we will go back to the original CPU for the Nano, and a different CPU for the 9/12 receivers.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Inherent. An Errata was issued describing the problem with no work around (of course after we went to production). It doesn't seem to affect all parts the same way, which is why I only saw this issue once during testing. I changed the CPU and the problem went away so I figured that it was just a bad CPU. So, we will go back to the original CPU for the Nano, and a different CPU for the 9/12 receivers.
there are dangers in using brand new or newly modify anything. it pays to wait a while and let other suckers find the bugs. this happens in all aspects of life. that is why there are so many divorces of young couples.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:08 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,510 Posts
Where are your receivers made?