HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
don't worry about bind plugs, you can run to any local hobby shop and they will have them. i've got about 4 of them!! they are very easy to make also if you need to.

our hobby shop will even let ya bring your plane and radio in and they will help you bind everything up.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
Scottsr1950
United States, OR, Damascus
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Dave & Chris,
Thanks for the info on Bind Plugs... I have my eye on the super cub and I watched a youtube video with a guy that had a huge video camera on it, so yes, I think that plane will probably be my next hanger addition. Thanks for suggesting it Dave... Should have my DX6i in a couple of days so get ready for a few questions...
Be Safe ...

Scott
Scottsr1950 is offline Find More Posts by Scottsr1950
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:01 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
my brother has the HZ super cub. what a fun plane to fly. if your into more scalish flying, and kinda slow relaxing flyby's, it's a hard plane to beat. pretty dang tough to!
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:31 PM
Scottsr1950
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Off Topic

I have looked everywhere and can not find the meaning of LPU.....
Anyone? I was looking on RC Groups at planes for sale and see LPU.

Thanks in Advance...

Scott
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:40 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsr1950 View Post
I have looked everywhere and can not find the meaning of LPU.....
Anyone? I was looking on RC Groups at planes for sale and see LPU.

Thanks in Advance...

Scott
LPU = Local Pick Up.

In the future please post a link to places where you have questions. A link would have saved me about 10 minutes of searching. As with all questions posted here on RCG the more information you can supply the more likely the answer you receive will be accurate.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:13 AM
Scottsr1950
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Hey guys / gals
Got my DX6 I
I'm slowly gettin the basics down.. Managed to name the model in model 1 as my Champ.
Had a heck of a time figuring out how to type a name in.. Thank God for YouTub.
Got it bound with the Champ.. All controls are fine. Two questions.
1. Do you need to adjust the servo travel on the champ or another planes I add?
2. On all of the levers on the dx do they need to be set? Like all on 1 or 0 ? Or. Can they be anywhere and not affect controlling the Champ or any 3 channel I buy?
Should I make a new post since I'm off topic of this original post?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Scott
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
Scottsr1950
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme4me View Post
The bind plug is not needed on the Champ. Mine is bound to my 7s which took less than 10 secs. So not to worry on the UMs and bind plug deal. My UMX Extra 300 bound right up and it is 4 channel. My Radian on the other hand uses an AR600 Rx so you use a bind plug on it even though it is a 3 channel plane.
Hey Dave,
I made a post last night but it didn't show up, not sure why???
I did get my DX6i and finally figured out how to enter the text for a model name.
I have the Champ as my first model now and after that I went for the bind as per your instructions and a lttle help from youtube. That went just fine, plugged in the batt to the Champ had the power off on the DX, lifted up on the trainer stick, powered on and it said binding for a few seconds then read Bind. Disconnected the batt from the plane, powered off the DX, powered the DX back on connected the batt to the plane and wala. I have throttle, elevator and rudder all working just like the Tx that came with the plane.
I have two questions I asked last night. 1. I'm not sure where you put all of the levers on the DX, do they need to be like on 1 or 0.. or after binding the Champ or anyother plane I get that is three channel, does the levers / sticks on the DX need to be set if i have programed nothing other than enter a model for a plane?
2. On the three channel planes that I plan on getting ( aileron is coming after one more 3 channel, probably the super cub ) do I need to do any other settings on the DX. I am wondering about servo travel. Are some different that the DX would over extend the servo and bend a rod from servo to elevator / rudder? I also am getting use to the menu on the DX was able to change the contrast due to not being able to see the screen. Also about pushing in only at the top of the wheel, on youtube they said if you push in at the bottom you can mess up the DX and have to send it in for repairs of 50 bucks, true or not?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Do I need to change this post since i'm now off topic concerning batteries?
Have a good one...

Scott
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
Scottsr1950
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
LPU = Local Pick Up.

In the future please post a link to places where you have questions. A link would have saved me about 10 minutes of searching. As with all questions posted here on RCG the more information you can supply the more likely the answer you receive will be accurate.

Glen
Very Sorry Glen, I'm trying to learn how the forum works.. So when I was reading about LPU I should have posted the question in that particuallar forum ?
I'll try to do better...

Scott
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:02 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottsr1950 View Post
Very Sorry Glen, I'm trying to learn how the forum works.. So when I was reading about LPU I should have posted the question in that particular forum ?
I'll try to do better...

Scott
Scott,

Not a problem. This was as good a place as any. Never hesitate to ask and we'll give you the best advice we can.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is online now Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
177 Posts
Scott: My DX 7s is a little different than the 6i but similar in most ways. All my levers are down or set to zero.Servo travel should be factory default of 100% as mine is on the Tx. You do not have to reset anything on the Tx when going to another model. The 6i has a 10 model memory and my 7s has 20 so each time you add a model it will go to a different slot. I assume the 6i has model match like the 7s has. The scroll wheel on mine does not have a top or bottom click on it. Push down on it and it responds the same any where you push it at top bottom or middle, so not sure on 6i. My Tx uses the 2000 Mah NiMh from Spectrum.
tyme4me is offline Find More Posts by tyme4me
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:21 PM
Scottsr1950
Joined Sep 2012
20 Posts
Super Cub Binding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyme4me View Post
The bind plug is not needed on the Champ. Mine is bound to my 7s which took less than 10 secs. So not to worry on the UMs and bind plug deal. My UMX Extra 300 bound right up and it is 4 channel. My Radian on the other hand uses an AR600 Rx so you use a bind plug on it even though it is a 3 channel plane.
Hi Dave,
Got a Super Cub LP and as per manual, placed the bind plug in to the rx and tried to go for a bind on my DX6 just like you told me to do on the Champ. It was a no go... Then I rememberd that you had said alot of planes will bind without the bind plug. Removed the plug, started all over and wala..the Cub bound perfect without the plug. Thanks for that tip, I was going nuts... especially when the manual and alot of info online tells you that binding the SC requires the plug.
Blue Skies Sir.... :-)

Scott
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:26 PM
United States, IA, Sidney
Joined May 2012
177 Posts
Now you can start reading the threads about the SC and there will be plenty of info about that plane. You will probably want to look at some better batteries for it as you will have quite a few options. Good luck with it. dave
tyme4me is offline Find More Posts by tyme4me