HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:07 AM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
2,023 Posts
Discussion
best sniper vs best heli flier

The vid is originated from a Japaness famous TV program.
a former American military best sniper vs a best F3C Japaness champ.
the rule is simple:
3 shots only in 3 minutes to decide who is the winner
used to be a sniper in local military service,but I'm too old to carry that "thing" now
cheers
Sam
美国最强狙击手VS日本最强遥控飞机玩家 !! (6 min 50 sec)
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:58 AM
Still a N00B
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
That's not a fair match; the movement of a 3D heli is too unpredictable and fast and its a small target to start with. The only way the sniper stands a chance is to turn to his right an shoot the pilot. Lol
lebaez is offline Find More Posts by lebaez
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:17 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
I don't know about that... I can follow a helicopter with a camera pretty well and it's almost the same thing. Once you watch the helicopters for a while, you can predict them. However, you need to watch them for more than three minutes to develop that ability.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:20 PM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,496 Posts
I used to play CQB airsoft matches. Even tho they're right in front of you, you can still miss (I can actually dodge multiple shots from a vet with a pistol). Fact is, you are firing a 1cm projectile at an area that's 2 square meters which is 90% air.

To get the same hit ratio as that of a cameras reticle. You'll have to be firing bowling balls. And that's if you can move a full sized rifle like it was made of styrofoam.

(PS: I once heard that running away from a mugger with a gun is actually survivable. It's true. And if you get him to run after you, he won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn. Aiming in real life is a lot harder than in the movies)
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Hajile; Sep 19, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:31 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
(PS: I once heard that running away from a mugger with a gun is actually survivable. It's true. And if you get him to run after you, he won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn. Aiming in real life is a lot harder than in the movies)
Sure it is... the tactic is to run sideways to the way they are trying to shoot, and yeah if you can get them moving, they won't be able to hit anything, particularly if they are holding the gun sideways gangsta style, I'm always amused by that.

I shoot rifles too, and while I realize the difference, there is also a similarity between camera shooting and rifle shooting, and that's knowing what you are shooting at. The only reason I can hold a camera on a helicopter doing 3D is because I have lots of practice. I'm saying give that sniper guy some practice at following helicopters, particularly if he has the chance to learn that particular pilot's style, and he'll nail all three shots... but without that practice, it's gonna be luck.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:45 PM
DIY Mania from Taiwan
Taiwan
Joined Aug 2011
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Sure it is... the tactic is to run sideways to the way they are trying to shoot, and yeah if you can get them moving, they won't be able to hit anything, particularly if they are holding the gun sideways gangsta style, I'm always amused by that.

I shoot rifles too, and while I realize the difference, there is also a similarity between camera shooting and rifle shooting, and that's knowing what you are shooting at. The only reason I can hold a camera on a helicopter doing 3D is because I have lots of practice. I'm saying give that sniper guy some practice at following helicopters, particularly if he has the chance to learn that particular pilot's style, and he'll nail all three shots... but without that practice, it's gonna be luck.
good comment
regards
Sam
samwei1950 is offline Find More Posts by samwei1950
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:25 PM
Still a N00B
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
I don't know about that... I can follow a helicopter with a camera pretty well and it's almost the same thing. Once you watch the helicopters for a while, you can predict them. However, you need to watch them for more than three minutes to develop that ability.
I don't think it's the same thing. I've shot pop up targets, and they don't move once they pop up, but it still takes a second to aim and shoot. Its only up for 3 seconds. Could you hit the helicopter with the camera? Predicting where is going to go is one thing....zoom in and try following it and then try predicting where its going to be and move the camera there, see if the heli follows you instead of you following the heli (that's basically what you have to do). Now imagine having to squeeze the trigger in advance so that when the bullet gets there it meets the heli, its harder than you think....but that's just my opinion.
lebaez is offline Find More Posts by lebaez
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Oh no, please don't think I'm saying it's easy, not by a mile! I'm saying it's something you could learn with practice. When I first started filming aircraft, I could not keep the camera pointing at the aircraft, but over time, I learned to predict the motion, and I learned the flying style of some of the better heli pilots around here. Now, I can actually film them, but without that experience it would be very hard. What I'm saying here is that if it's the first time you've shot at a helicopter, it's gonna be really hard, but I think it's a skill that could be learned if you were given the time to do so. Same thing people do with skeet shooting - nearly impossible to hit those suckers the first time you try, but when you learn to predict how it flies, it becomes pretty easy to hit it.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:38 PM
Crash perfectionist
United States, CA, Beale AFB
Joined Mar 2012
487 Posts
Its just the fact that a hard 3D flight is so unpredictable. And the speed is too much IMO.
Xseeker is offline Find More Posts by Xseeker
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:48 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xseeker View Post
Its just the fact that a hard 3D flight is so unpredictable. And the speed is too much IMO.
Ah, but it's NOT unpredictable... you just aren't practiced in the art of predicting it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Ah, but it's NOT unpredictable... you just aren't practiced in the art of predicting it.
Too many variables to really make an accurate statement... is the pilot aware of the shooter? How big of a flight area does the helo/pilot get? How much time does the shooter get to make the shot/shots?
RoadkillStewie is offline Find More Posts by RoadkillStewie