SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Help!
Older receiver crystal help

So I finally decide to finish a Slow Stick that my brother bought for me many years ago (with all the electronics) when i had no interest in HIS hobby. I am new to the hobby, so sorry for the stupid questions! The 4-channel receiver has no brand label on it and is small (about 3/4" x 1", photo attached) and has an opening in the plastic cover that exposes the receiver crystal plug-in. So I travel down to my local hobby store (70 miles away) and buy a receiver crystal for the proper FM frequency. Get home, plane is ready to go...crystal will not fit in the holes. The prongs are too far apart and appear to be too large in diameter.

What up?
autoed is offline Find More Posts by autoed
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:46 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
You'd need a Rx crystal in mini size, what you bought might have been the standard size one. Better to buy a GWS crystal, as the receiver you have is a GWS one, ALSO, its frequecy band should be the same as your transmitter. Be reminded that there's a "F" stuck on the receiver that meant this receiver is in negative shift, so you have also to make sure that your transmitter is with negative shift as well, better to use a Futaba transmitter or a GWS one with the same F on its back.

If these problems made you confused, I'd like to suggest buying a 2.4GHz radio set instead.
There are 2.4GHz Spektrum DX5 or Turnigy 9x radio sets avaible on internet. They work much better than the old timer 72MHz ones, and they are all affordable as well.
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:40 PM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,627 Posts
Berg receiver crystals work well in GWS receivers. Although 72 MHz crystals are getting hard to find, we have most of them in stock at www.allerc.com .
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut