SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lincoln, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:32 PM
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,109 Posts
Discussion
Ouch!

Went to a dlg contest last weekend. Had been trying to get a used Salonit ready, but wasn't there yet. Flew the Sidewinder II on Saturday. Managed to do a tip strike with the S2, but it was still flyable with some temporary repairs. By Sunday morning, I had the Salonit sort of ready, although I hadn't figured out how to do flaps with the radio I was using. The Salonit seemed to launch much higher and I liked the way it flew. However, I managed to break the tailboom in the first round. Not by a tip strike, though. So I scrambled and repaired a couple of cracks in the S2 that I had noticed, and was back by the third round. I intend to get the Salonit ready soon, because it was a lot of fun, but that's it for the dlg season for me, I think.
lincoln is online now Find More Posts by lincoln
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts