SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:00 PM
United States, NV, North Las Vegas
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Little video shot by my wife Michelle this morning.... Judging by her sighs and throat clearing during the video...I don't think she
appreciated me going fast and close to her I may pay for this later today nothing a good dinner cooked by me won't fix

EDIT
Video had finished uploading... I forgot about processing! should be finished soon.

Frogcopter sport flying (6 min 12 sec)
shultz is offline Find More Posts by shultz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:16 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,490 Posts
I watch the Frog performance today...I was pretty impressed. John flies it well. 2S and 3S flew great. I'm certainly more tempted now. Keep us posted on the availability and pricing Doug!!!
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:26 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,539 Posts
Nice flying, another link I will pass on. Arms look great- still holding up

How did lee like it?

Would you recommend these motors again for the frog?

Now I am wondering if I want these for the G-10 tri or the suppo2204s to keep the weight down.

Soon Michelle will be wearing one of these for you........

Doug
dougmontgomery is offline Find More Posts by dougmontgomery
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
hahahahah... yeah that hockey mask might make her feel safer

I think Lee liked it, he flew Froggy for a bit, like me he's not comfly flying others stuff so he didn't fly it very long... no cartwheels I really like the hex you cut for him, it's not ready to fly just yet but close. the frame looks real nice.

I see no reason not to buy the I-power 2208's again, nice power on 2 or 3's, run smooth and quiet.

Depending on the weight of the G10 trimini, I think the 2205's at 1300Kv would be a fine 2's choice. I hope the G10 frame is only 1-2 oz heavier than the wood/carbon frame, if not then stick with the 2208's.

John
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:42 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmontgomery View Post
Nice flying, another link I will pass on. Arms look great- still holding up

How did lee like it?

Would you recommend these motors again for the frog?

Now I am wondering if I want these for the G-10 tri or the suppo2204s to keep the weight down.

Soon Michelle will be wearing one of these for you........

Doug
Lee liked it. Lee...I mean, I was pretty impressed. It is certainly heavier than the Tri-mini and shows it in the acceleration speed. With those 2208 motors it was both quiet and strong though...on both 2S and 3S with 8" props. I think any significant weight saving would be in thinner (more flexible though) material...mostly in the arms. I'd say stick with the 2208's and same material.

I don't think I'd use the Frog for FPV purposes...or at least hauling a GoPro. I think I'd be more interested in the sleeker Tri-mini frame of the same motor spacing.

We're having a fly in here next weekend. I'm going to try and sell some stuff off to finance new projects. I think I'd like to try the 2208 motors...even if they're half again as more expensive that what I usually use. I was pretty impressed with them.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:44 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,490 Posts
While we're at it. I installed a HK 2.1 KK board on my Tri-mini. Today we managed to get the motors to quit by going full power, while holding it, and all of the sudden or or two motors would just drop out. This has probably been my issue all along. No clue what's causing this though. For now I'm going to put my CC board back on the Tri-mini. It's the only controller than continuously flew it with no major issues...just a little wobbling. Perhaps, in the long run, different motors will make the difference it if it flies or not...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 06, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
I think I'd be more interested in the sleeker Tri-mini frame of the same motor spacing.

Oh yeah! I'm looking forward to getting the new Trimini in Toxic Green G10! I think I'm going to pull the power setup off my current Trimini for the G10 version, I plan on mounting some park 250's I have on the wood frame version and maybe reducing motor spacing to 7 inches on center.

John
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:09 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,539 Posts
your afflicted, I wont tell Michelle- Oh MY she already knows. She must be great, I cant even get mine to video tape away from the house.

Lee- you should try different escs.

I am fixing My large Tricopter based off Rcexplorers with My bling.

doug
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
your afflicted, I wont tell Michelle- Oh MY she already knows. She must be great,

YES! on every count After 17 years I still can't imagine spending my life with anyone else! She's always been very understanding of all my hobbies, she shoot's and likes to go 4 wheel'n with me...she even tried flying R/C...she just could not get the hang of it. Still, She's always with me when I fly if at all possible.

John
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
I CRASHED IT

Well sort of, Doing some flips in the backyard I found out if the double sided tape holding the tail servo in place lets go.... BAD things happen Frogy fell out of the sky from about 10ft, flip flopping out of control until the ground ended that...

End result, two sheared nylon screws after replacing the screws and the double sided tape froggy is fine.

Doug,I may have spoke to soon on the arm strength.... I hit in just the manor I figured the arm might break at the motor mount or frame side, the nylon screws save it IMHO! both sheared right off taking the brunt of the impact

John
Old Oct 07, 2012, 01:25 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz View Post
I CRASHED IT

Well sort of, Doing some flips in the backyard I found out if the double sided tape holding the tail servo in place lets go.... BAD things happen Frogy fell out of the sky from about 10ft, flip flopping out of control until the ground ended that...

End result, two sheared nylon screws after replacing the screws and the double sided tape froggy is fine.

Doug,I may have spoke to soon on the arm strength.... I hit in just the manor I figured the arm might break at the motor mount or frame side, the nylon screws save it IMHO! both sheared right off taking the brunt of the impact

John
Darn...missed it. My tri-mini did the funky chicken (again) today too. CC controller, 2S, punch out for climb, dropped a motor, rolled over and over and pancaked into the ground (upside down this time). No damage though. Time to put unflashed ESCs back in this thing. Something about the frame and power system just doesn't play well...even the unflashed ESCs and Nanowii board resulted in death wobbles, but the CC board could handle it...(with just a little wobble). I'm getting good at resoldering ESCs though!!!!

Good to hear the Frog can bump its arse without major damage. Doug...I'm waiting on G10 Tri-mini info!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:37 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,539 Posts
Should be cut by the weekend, 2 of each, that leaves me with a Toxic minI tri, and Toxic frog.

Lee I hope you get yyour bugs worked out soon, I was so frustrated at the frog for two days till I reflashed and figured the esc thingy out.

Doug
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Should be cut by the weekend, 2 of each, that leaves me with a Toxic minI tri, and Toxic frog.

Doug, just let me know if i'm buying one or both I'd rather have a Trimini G10 to play with as I already have a frog...just let me know how much and when to send it

John
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,539 Posts
John, How do you like the arm length on the Frogcopter? Is it working Well for you still, The videos are so impressive.

Doug
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Sep 2009
1,075 Posts
8 inch centers are great! makes for nice a small package, aerobatic and plenty stable! I wouldn't change the size at all

John