HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:27 AM
Principal Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Jun 2002
961 Posts
titus did you change the sonar range to 200 in config.h? do you know if there is a way to change it in mission planner without uploading the firmware again and redoing all the settings?

btw i did test the sonar and performance is really poor above a meter or so. i will be setting the range to 100 not 200.
compuatic is offline Find More Posts by compuatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
Titus,

Just jumping in to say thanks... You get points for:

- PID settings - that saved me an hour of reading (which coincidentally I ended up going and reading anyway)

- 3DR PID tuning - I can't imagine how awful this would have been if I had to stop - and plug in usb...I could have done bluetooth, but with the 3DR this gives me options down the line.

- 5mm locknuts - solid tip...switching to those killed a lot of the vibes from the NTM props adapters

At this point I know it can fly, just won't have a chance to do any more flight tuning until this pesky little hurricane blows through.

Have you started messing around with waypoints yet?
Good to see your making progress! Yeah the 3DR radios sure make it easy to tune and check things.

I haven't started playing with waypoints yet. I did test RTH and circle mode, RTH worked good. Circle mode scared the crap out of me, it's needs to be slowed way down.

I'm still grounded.. waiting for a new Quattro
Titus Gordon is online now Find More Posts by Titus Gordon
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
titus did you change the sonar range to 200 in config.h? do you know if there is a way to change it in mission planner without uploading the firmware again and redoing all the settings?

btw i did test the sonar and performance is really poor above a meter or so. i will be setting the range to 100 not 200.
Yeah I changed it to 200 in the sketch, I don't know of a way to change it with the planner. I haven't had much of a chance to test sonar yet, I'm still grounded waiting for a new Quattro.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:27 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
whats wrong with your quattro?

Also my PIDs are not like yours. Even though we have an almost exact setup.. It may just be personal prefference.
powerstroke01 is offline Find More Posts by powerstroke01
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:13 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
whats wrong with your quattro?

Also my PIDs are not like yours. Even though we have an almost exact setup.. It may just be personal prefference.
It seems from my tedious diagnosis that one of the ESC in the quattro has a problem, 3 of the 4 motors works fine, the 4th twitches. I've swapped motors, swapped inputs, re-calibrated, etc, etc.. all points to a bad ESC in the quattro.

My PID settings could probably use some more tuning, but i'm sure it comes down to personal preference when tuning PID's..

My new quattro has been shipped! got the confirmation this morning.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Nov 2012
24 Posts
Sifu

Titus
I must say you have this thing down to a tee.
I have read your entire blog thinking this guy has done excatly what im trying to do. He must have the answers.
Im sure you do.
I respectfully ask if you can lay out your connections for us new guys to peek at.
It like im asking you to bare your guts. )
Its just im reading so much on so many forums im getting info over load.
I have a very simmilar setup to you.
Despite just buying a bluetooth (mainly cos i brike the little ubs plug first go) i getting a 3dr so i can use telemetry on the fly, pun intended.
Im understanding that the gps which was supplied with a tottal wrong plug goes in the same port as the 3dr if im using the bluetooth at the same time.
Do i need the bluetooth if i have the 3dr?
Can you help?

Kindest regards.
FlyingTurk is offline Find More Posts by FlyingTurk
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:39 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Oh wow I haven't been on here in awhile since it's 40 below and nasty outside, I took some time off of RC and was focused on some other projects until the spring...

But hopefully the weather breaks a bit around here and I can get my first flight of 2013 in...

I'm sorry I never got back to you FlyingTurk. I hope you figured things out.
Last edited by Titus Gordon; Feb 05, 2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:56 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,977 Posts
Welcome Back :-)
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:45 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Thanks!

it's been over 3 months since my last FPV flight, this winter has been stupid... It does look like the weather is breaking though and I might soon get my first FPV of 2013!!

I can't wait!

http://fpv.techenthusiast.info <- my new site
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:24 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
The quad is almost rebuilt!

I've almost got the quad put back together and ready for the first flights of 2013, I can't wait!

http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:11 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
Op success! The quad is back together! When I ended the 2012 season I burned out an ESC on the Skywalker Quattro 20Ax4, which I confirmed today when I tested the replacement.. My quad is ready to go, now I hope some nice weather hits so I can get out and do some FPV!

I'm going to post the video showing how I burned out my ESC.. TLDR; stay out of the tall grass!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:34 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
First FPV flight & crash of 2013

It was an awesome day outside so I went out to use my 2 batteries... unfortunately only got to use 1 battery due to me packing the quad full of snow...

FPV 09.02.2013 '1st FPV flight & crash of 2013' (4 min 57 sec)

more at http://fpv.techenthusiast.info
Last edited by Titus Gordon; Feb 09, 2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:59 AM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
So after drying out the quad all systems check out so I got lucky!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:37 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
I just ordered a Ardupilot MinimOSD to install on my quad
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
FPV it is!
Canada, SK
Joined Aug 2012
1,220 Posts
FPV flight #23 | -5C, cloudy & calm

Raw wireless footage of my second flight of 2013. This is the first time I've flown near buildings and power lines, I was very nervous...

I missed the landing by a couple feet.

FPV 13.02.2013 | quick flight at work (4 min 48 sec)

my blog: http://fpv.techenthusiast.info