HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:16 PM
Australia, VIC
Joined Dec 2011
1,101 Posts
When learning

When learning hover [ non 3D ] I dont care for 0 Pitch at all ...

As when you throttle down the heli has a tendency to fall out of the sky ..

I like to have my pitch starting point , about @ take of pitch [ what ever it is - no havent checked ]

I just adjust pitch till its where I want it [ helicopter behavior - rotor head speed ]
And from there set up the curve VIA Tx ..

I used to start at 0 pitch , but no more , but to each there own .
Just saying ..

If you want to smooth out the landings , have more control near the ground , and stop the tendency for the heli to drop like a stone , try some more pitch @ 0 throttle ...
old4570 is offline Find More Posts by old4570
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
THanks Old,

I figure everyone likes their own things/ways. I just gotta play with it and figure out formyself I think.

Right now I have a very steep throttle curve its at 80% I think at the second position from the bottom. My friend told me to do it this way because they fly better with more headspeed.

My pitch right now I think its 40, 45, 50, 75, 100. Eventually I plan on 3D'ing a little so I need to make sure zero pitch is at the midsticks. which is how I have it set on my Blade MCPX as well.

Oh yea so tonight I made a heli landing pad out of some corregated plastic sheets from Home Depot, peice of wood and a screw and sharpie and bam! Now I can plop this down in that gravel area that took me out the first time its a little bigger thant he peice my friend had.

KTMDirtFace is offline Find More Posts by KTMDirtFace
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Two more successful 450 flights, managed to land on my heli pad both times. Still really nervous but the heli is flying great.

Oh I also added a 130x to my collection today, now that thing inspires confidence! I was throwing it around anyway i want as hard as i wanted and it has ridiculous amount of power and the tail didn't budge once...unlike my MCPX which is always struggling.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Just a little confidence booster before flying my 450. Flew the 450 again today did some forward flight, no wrecks..both my legs still shake the entire time lol.

130x confidence booster
Blade 130x Second Flight (1 min 50 sec)

The addiction grew yesterday.

Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:32 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,041 Posts
how well does the 130x fly in wind?

It's expensive.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
It was really windy yesterday, and I was really scared to fly but it flew perfect in the wind. I was hands free hovering it in the wind for 5sec at a time!...it has a boatload of power. I only have 2 flights on it so far though.

Yea I wish it wasn't so expensive but I'm happy with it I sold my 4x4 Short Course Race truck to buy it... the little bugger almost costs as much as my Tarot 450.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:24 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
the little bugger almost costs as much as my Tarot 450.
That's how I look at it too. But I've been eyeballing micro helis lately, for indoor. Mainly the blade nano or mcpx.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Well winters here rain yesterday and its getting too dark to fly when I get home....

So taught myself how to fly backwards in the sim tonight...still need a ton more practice haha.

RF6 - Backwards (1 min 59 sec)

Going to have to try this with the mcpx or 130 this weekend if the weather cooperates. ( Not trying this with 450 lol )

..Should I be doing backwards flight before inverted? or does it matter.. I figure I will nail down all upright flying first?
Last edited by KTMDirtFace; Oct 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:00 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Yes you can take whatever path you want at this point just make sure you don't get biased in one direction, like for example I can't do backwards circuits to the right...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Thanks.

I can do both directions. Backwards Left is harder for me...left is also harder for me in forward circuits...I shouldn't say harder its uglier/sloppier and I am definitely right biased when flying for real and not in the sim. I need to just go left all day on the field one of these days...i get comfortable and just get stuck going right.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,632 Posts
Looking good ktm....I think that last shot of jack D. Did you in on the ending. When im just flying around ( basic sport ) I allways do cleaner lines going to my left then i do my right. Left side right side brain thing i guess. ha
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
THanks Old,

I figure everyone likes their own things/ways. I just gotta play with it and figure out formyself I think.

Right now I have a very steep throttle curve its at 80% I think at the second position from the bottom. My friend told me to do it this way because they fly better with more headspeed.

My pitch right now I think its 40, 45, 50, 75, 100. Eventually I plan on 3D'ing a little so I need to make sure zero pitch is at the midsticks. which is how I have it set on my Blade MCPX as well.

Oh yea so tonight I made a heli landing pad out of some corregated plastic sheets from Home Depot, peice of wood and a screw and sharpie and bam! Now I can plop this down in that gravel area that took me out the first time its a little bigger thant he peice my friend had.

Love the blades. Did you hand paint them (or whatever) yourself?
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
No they are just Amain Brand EcoPower Carbon Fiber Blades.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Blades-325mm

Was in a hurry and amain ships fast so I figured I would try them.

Oh yea so much flying backwards in the sim the last two days I can no longer fly forwards LOL.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:12 AM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
really nice color of the landing skid
Brain Nelson is offline Find More Posts by Brain Nelson
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:52 AM
Joined Aug 2012
413 Posts
Forgot about this upgrade. One of the screw heads..um fell off? my stock Anti rotation bracket...these are into plastic so I for sure don't tighten them very tight just you know snug a little. I should have taken a picture of the screw head I have never seen such a thing. the outside ring of the head just fell clean off...not the whole head just the outide ring of it.

I tried an EZ out couldnt get it out so I upgraded to the aluminum Tarot anti rotation bracket.