United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline View Post
Rubio
Who isn't a big speedo fan anyway
(probably due to a lack of skill)
Rubio, we know you're biased towards Speedo's. Never met a surfer who didn't prefer a good pair of board shorts over a Speedo any day of the week.

Wayne, can please confirm if Karl is correct on the airfoils for the Spin and Elf or if they are indeed the same. While I'm interested in the nose cone I would assume the standard canopy version would hold up better in one point landings.

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,859 Posts
I'm assuming we would all be interested in the faster slope airfoil, and that is the version of the planes I'm suggesting. So yes, they have the same airfoil. If the wings are identical, I think we could allow pilots to pick their favored fuselage.

Forgot to mention, you can make the tails bolt on if you want a nice compact plane.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:43 PM
Livin ...The Endless Summer
United States, CA, San Juan Capistrano
Joined May 2011
7,328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twyl View Post
Rubio, we know you're biased towards Speedo's. Never met a surfer who didn't prefer a good pair of board shorts over a Speedo any day of the week.

Wayne, can please confirm if Karl is correct on the airfoils for the Spin and Elf or if they are indeed the same. While I'm interested in the nose cone I would assume the standard canopy version would hold up better in one point landings.

-Jonathan
Jonathon
First I was a triathlete for many years I have worn out many speedos.
But the right tool for the right job. Now I have left that behind for board shorts again.
When I flew my Speedo. I was very green to the hobby and had rough time flyin it unless it was pretty windy. I'm now a much better pilot and look to see if that has improved. You all have much more practice at this than me. That said. I have liked what I see in Wayne new planes.

Ed pots his nose cones any has STUCK many a landing. His seems to have great success with this method.

Rubio
67econoline is online now Find More Posts by 67econoline
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:44 PM
Silent Flight
United States, CA, Cypress
Joined Jul 2005
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I'm assuming we would all be interested in the faster slope airfoil, and that is the version of the planes I'm suggesting. So yes, they have the same airfoil. If the wings are identical, I think we could allow pilots to pick their favored fuselage.

Forgot to mention, you can make the tails bolt on if you want a nice compact plane.

-Wayne
Thanks Wayne, and by tails are you referring to both the X and V or just the V?

-Jonathan
Twyl is offline Find More Posts by Twyl
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:23 PM
Ninja Master
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
Here are the three view drawings from the Blejzyk website. The Elf shows a double tapered wing while the Spin shows a single taper. Spin airfoil is HN1033 modified and the Elf S6063/HN1033 modified, whatever that means. I'm sure Wayne will get the scoop pretty soon.

Spin

Elf

BigSwede is offline Find More Posts by BigSwede
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Jun 2008
4,644 Posts
Great views Karl !!!
Dick J is online now Find More Posts by Dick J
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ninja Master
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
Here is a google translated description of the Elf ...

"The standard version is equipped with patches on the profile HN 1033 and Rudlickiego ballast type, you can order a model with a flap on the tail profile S6063 and classic"

I'm not exactly sure what that means!
Last edited by BigSwede; Sep 25, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,859 Posts
Yeah.. got to love the Polish language.

I have asked to confirm if they share the same wing, but based on the drawings, It looks like the Elf has the double taper.. With that said, I might be able to get a special version for the races. Artur Blejzyk is easy to work with, and makes a nice plane. I have informed him of our plans, should be interesting to see what feedback he has.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ninja Master
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
And then there's another 60" plane, the Faun, which shows S6063 airfoil and looks like the same fuse as the Elf, with a little different wing planform.

Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:53 PM
It's not going to build itself
Aliso Viejo,CA
Joined Aug 2005
6,500 Posts
I like the wing planform of the Spin. Higher aspect and just sexier looking to me.
TRISME is online now Find More Posts by TRISME
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ninja Master
Joined Feb 2007
1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Yeah.. got to love the Polish language.

I have asked to confirm if they share the same wing, but based on the drawings, It looks like the Elf has the double taper.. With that said, I might be able to get a special version for the races. Artur Blejzyk is easy to work with, and makes a nice plane. I have informed him of our plans, should be interesting to see what feedback he has.

-Wayne
Cool Wayne, can you tell I'm excited about these planes. The double tapered wings are a lot cooler than straight wings. They remind Me so much of the Renegade. I've had an ArtHobby Falco 60 which was great. These look super similar. I'm sure any of these will be great. The lacquered wings look great, but if you cover them with Ultracote they look just like a molded ship!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,311 Posts
Which website are you guys looking at? All I found is this one, though it does have some decent pictures of what the Elf kit looks like...

http://hotgliders.free.fr/blejzyk/elf.htm
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaffee View Post
Which website are you guys looking at? ]

http://www.blejzyk.pl/model-faun.html

I'll have the Faun, Mefisto and First in stock in about 2 weeks. The Elf and Spin will be in a few weeks later. The Faun costs a bit more. We will be stocking Thermal and Slope versions of most of the planes smaller then 2 meters.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Rotozuk; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:36 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
Here is a google translated description of the Elf ...

"The standard version is equipped with patches on the profile HN 1033 and Rudlickiego ballast type, you can order a model with a flap on the tail profile S6063 and classic"

I'm not exactly sure what that means!
Curiosity got the best of me here, so I started looking up these terms. As near as I can tell "ballast" is an incorrect translation (Google translate shows "stabilizer" as the second choice), and this is actually referring to the type of the tail. Rudlickiego seems to be a common surname though, so it must be referring to some style named after someone.

As for "patches" the second choice on Google for for the word "platy" is "flaps" rather then "patches." That would make a bit more sense.

Here's an example translation of a random thing I found on a forum...

Quote:
helm wing (V-tail, tail V tail Rudlickiego) is a kind of unconventional aircraft tail where the traditional levels of left and right elevator and vertical stabilizer with rudder are replaced by only two ballasts with control surfaces, set at an angle in relation to the each other, in the shape of a "V" when viewed from the front of the plane. Name comes from the fact that like the two wings of a butterfly. Control surfaces, depending on whether the swing in the same direction or in opposite directions serve as a rudder or elevator.
bjaffee is online now Find More Posts by bjaffee
Last edited by bjaffee; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2003
5,859 Posts
For those of you that like photos, here is my build on the Mefisto, a 1.9 meter light weight slope plane.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1712292

-Wayne
Site Sponsor