SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by RHTizzy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:07 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Bussum
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Build Log
Gimbal

Got the following from RC Timer for use with the x650 and the Crius AIOP
Gimbal
Servo's

At the moment I'm struggling a bit to get it going, all it does for now is resist movement instead of adjusting to movement... iow, the gimbal servo's are not controlled by the controller on roll or pitch but instead hold position and try to hold center position.

What have I done so far?
- connected servo's to CAIOP pins 44 & 45 Roll & Pitch (no free channels for using pin 46 Trigger, so might have to disconnect something else)
- connected Rx to ch7 & ch8
- defined SERVO_MIX_TILT in config.h
- I'd removed all red leads from the ESC's but it turns out that 1 needs to be connected to power the servo's

Time to google
RHTizzy is offline Find More Posts by RHTizzy
Last edited by RHTizzy; Jan 08, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:57 PM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
David on Multikopter.co.uk gave me the tip of assigning CAMSTAB to an AUX channel (using the GUI) so linked it to AUX1 which I use for LEVEL mode and it does indeed now react to tilting the quad. It doesn't have much range tho and Roll is reversed so still looking for a solution to that. It's also very nervous and tends to jitter without reason. Either it's just cold or there might be something to adjust. I'll keep looking for an answer there too.

EDIT
In config.h, both range and reversal are adaptable using:
#define TILT_ROLL_PROP -30

I read that to control the servo's using the Rx the following statement is needed for activating pins 44 & 45 on the CAIOP:
#define MEGA_HW_GIMBAL
Doesn't work tho, still looking

EDIT2:
I had my Rx channels 7 & 8 connected to the CAIOP cam pitch & roll in accordance with the board description. But AUX 3 & 4 are indeed the correct channels!?!! Wierd that!

All working as satisfactorily now, I mixed the Tx so each pot is activated using a switch so I dont have to worry about the pots being off center without me noticing.
Last edited by RHTizzy; Sep 19, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:17 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Feb 2008
84 Posts
Hi RHTizzy,

obviously you got Gimbal to work with RC overlay.

I canīt get it to work. Read a lot here and followed the guides. But itīs not working.
Iīm using MPNG 2.7R4

Can you please write down what exactly you have done to get it working with stabilisation ANG RC Channels 7&8 to correct manually.

E.G. where in config.h I have to set the SERVO_MIX_TILT ?

Have tried some positions in config.h, but nothing changed.

Can you please give a guide for a dummy?

Thanx very much

Dirk
critical_limit is offline Find More Posts by critical_limit
Old Jan 08, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined Feb 2012
207 Posts
Apologies, I'm sorry to say I missed your post but sadly enough I can't help you either: this build was using MWII and I haven't yet got round to hooking it up to MPNG