HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I made the mistake of including a lipo battery in my last order from HK.
Now orders usually come in about 12 days for me. My orders are all small light minimum 6.00 for registered parcel, no planes or radios. My order took 24 days because Swiss post carried it around the world and then it sat in Long island NY for 8 days.
I included one 2200 lipo with my order because I didn't want to pay another shipping charge from another source, never again. In all fairness it is not HIs fault' its all the new regs on shipping lipos. I need two 1300 2s packs and they will come from Heads up RC.

Larry
This makes me glad that 2 out of my 3 outstanding Hobby King orders were large lippos. Both lippos were ordered separately from everything else. I guess I will someday hopefully before next Christmas see the lippos at my door. I was unaware of the lippo restrictions guess I did right huh?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, AL, Randolph
Joined Mar 2004
251 Posts
They have to go Swisspost I guess because most (no) other carrier will carry them. They are afraid they will blow up and bring down the plane. If you want to waste the time go to USPS and search and read the rules concerning shipping Lithium batterys, special packaging, size limit, etc. BUT the rules are changing Jan1. According to my postmaster they will become more lenient.

Larry
Travler is offline Find More Posts by Travler
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:34 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I found my shipment of Lippos! They are in the Tibetan mountains but are heading my way via Serbia!-(satellite photo)
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:40 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I found my shipment of Lippos! They are in the Tibetan mountains but are heading my way via Serbia!-(satellite photo) [URL="[/URL]
gold,

Since now you know donkeys are that slow, you need to go buy from you LHS. I'm sure you don't ride a donkey, so it definitely will be much quicker to get it.

The next posting we should see from you is, "I'm so happy I bought from my LHS", but somehow, I won't hold my breath waiting for that though.

Really, if you can't wait, buy locally. Let's see that next posting when you're jumping for joy cause you got them Lipos instaneous...Let's forget you'll spend 3x-5x's more for it, but heck, you'll get it now right.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 02:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Well I did it! I bought a 4cell lipo from my LHS! Only $183.73 what a deal! I should go back and buy 2-3 more.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Well I did it! I bought a 4cell lipo from my LHS! Only $183.73 what a deal! I should go back and buy 2-3 more.
Awesome! what size mah?

That means we shouldn't see anymore, "I didn't know it was so slowwww from HK" from you.

wish everyone else was like you...then HK would be nice, and we'd have no more fun here on RCG.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
up to 39 days to get my package! you could die in 39 days that's a long time! Did you know the astronaut's took far less than 39 days to go all the way to the moon!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 05:07 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
up to 39 days to get my package! you could die in 39 days that's a long time! Did you know the astronaut's took far less than 39 days to go all the way to the moon!
You see, that's why I don't plan on going to the moon any time soon. I'd rather travel to my LHS instead. I may spend 10,000x's more at my LHS then going to the moon, but heck, I get instant satisfaction,...so that's good enough for me. At least that's my advice for you. As for me, I really still like going to the moon. My last lunar trip on the far side of the moon took a total of 13 days...My last lunar trip to the close side of the moon took 5 days...

so yea..I'm planning another moon trip soon. I need new tires for my spaceship.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 06, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
I will say that even at a higher price, I have no idea where to buy lipos like HK has.

For instance I just received an order of 1200mah 1 cell lipos... Who else would carry that?
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo
Last edited by DeadServo; Nov 07, 2012 at 08:44 AM.