Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:12 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Received my zephry today. No damage at all and really pleased with overall quality for the price you pay. Going to check all servos glue the wings on as transport is no problem and devise some wing skids for landing. Will report back if anybody is interested.,
Good call on skids -- the wing bolts occasionally catch and really make for an abrupt stop. My replacement is here and will be fitted with thing plastic cover for the wing bolts. Probably transparent PET bottle from a bottle of pop.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FrSky Taranis Apparel
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:43 PM
Leeds/Bradford Leeds, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jun 2003
1,539 Posts
Did think about using the plastic table spoons you get for parties and using the scoop end and fixing to either wing tip and under the fus to protect the bolts on landing.
glenbees is offline Find More Posts by glenbees
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:47 AM
Joined Jun 2003
1,539 Posts
Dont reckon much to elev hinges so they will be replaced with mylar hinges to start with.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:01 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
5,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees View Post
Did think about using the plastic table spoons you get for parties and using the scoop end and fixing to either wing tip and under the fus to protect the bolts on landing.
Sweet idea! Right on. I've cut those and used them for NACA scoops in the past.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FrSky Taranis Apparel
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:03 PM
Joined Jun 2003
1,539 Posts
Elev hinges have been replaced and much more free now. Was going to leave the airlerons till further down the line but with them being quite stiff which in turn puts strain on the servos and noticed after 10 mins of movement getting the right amount of throw a slight tear has appeared near the control rod so decided to replace those as well. I have got the CG right with a lump of lead which i epoxied to the canopy so this also helps to keep the canopy in place with that extra bit of weight pushing down on the magnets. Weather not to good this weekend so maiden will have to wait a little longer.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
balance.

[QUOTE=

Turnigy nano-tech 3300mah 263 grams just like to know how much weight do i need to to add to my Durafly Zephyr PNP V70 ????
hawks mack is offline Find More Posts by hawks mack
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:32 AM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
[

Turnigy nano-tech 3300mah 263 grams just like to know how much weight do i need to to add to my Durafly Zephyr PNP V70 ????
hawks mack is offline Find More Posts by hawks mack
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jun 2003
1,539 Posts
Iam using a 3200 pack and placed them about a 1/4 inch short of the slot at the front to allow the canopy lip to engage and close and then i placed a piece of lead on top of the battery closed the hatch and balanced the model and kept cutting a bit of lead off till it balanced. when balance i epoxied the lead to the underside of the canopy making sure it was ok to close the canopy. When i need to charge the batt i take the esc out first and then the battery making sure each time i do not flex the esc cables too much regarding wear over time and when everything is back in place their is no room at all for anything to move around in flight.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:13 AM
Joined Apr 2013
1 Posts
Zephyr

I use two 2200s (length is 105/110mm.), taped together top to bottom, inserted on their sides, and connected in parallel. Small amount of lead ballast needed. Every thing just fits.

Launching in calm conditions has a 50/50 chance of success. 3 to 4 knots of breeze makes launching very easy. Gives a success rate of 100%. Other wise an excellent and very interesting model.
misty3 is offline Find More Posts by misty3
Old Feb 03, 2014, 09:22 PM
Joined Oct 2008
24 Posts
Tail Servo

One of the servos in the tail of my Zephyr V 70 failed. Can anyone tell me which
servo will work as a replacement. I will probably replace both, unless I can find
an exact match. I know they are metal geared and 9 grams. I requested this
info from Hobby King but that may take a while.

With thanks, Julian
jjseawatcher is offline Find More Posts by jjseawatcher