HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Durafly Zephyr PNP V70 EDF V-Tail Glider Review

The Durafly Zephyr, a jet/flider made with a new super compressed EFO foam, is promoted with the phrase: "Like nothing you have seen before." Learn more about this fun and interesting plane.

Splash

Introduction

Wingspan:60 23/64 inches
Weight:37-40.6 oz.
Length:39 3/8 inches
Servos:4 high torque MG 9g servos
Transmitter:Any 4 or more channel featuring V-tail programming
Receiver:4 channel compatible with the trabsmitter
Battery:Turniby Nano-tech 3-cell 3300mAh LiPo
Motor:70mm with 2223 3400kv brushless outrunner motor
Fan Unit:5 Blade
ESC:55A with BEC
Manufacturer:Durafly
Available From:HobbyKing
Price:$139.99

I sought out the opportunity to review this plane because of its design and its many interesting claims in the promoted features, including the actual construction of the Zephyr's parts, the claim of super compressed EPO foam and the use of carbon fiber and fiberglass reinforcement. EPO foam is a popular building material for RC planes but for high performance it requires some method of stiffening to obtain acceptable performance. Different companies have come forward with different methods of obtaining the increased strength and stiffness needed for a high performance plane, and I find these methods very interesting. I also like the design looks of the Zephyr and am interested to see how she performs as a glider. I can imagine her performing well at the slope in the right wind conditions but will be interested to see if I can get her to climb in a thermal. I have several sailplanes of the same approximate wingspan that perform well but they are significantly lighter than the Zephyr. Lots to explore and discuss in what appears to be a fun to fly plane. Reminder: Double click on any picture to see an enlarged version.

Kit Contents

Kit Contains

• Fuselage with tail servos, fan, motor and ESC
  • Two piece wing with aileron servos partially installed and connected
  • Two tail pieces with rudder/elevator control surfaces connected
  • Wing joining spar
  • Y-connector for the ailerons
  • Assorted hardware
  • Instruction manuals for the Zephyr and the ESC

Required Building Supplies

• Regular medium thick CA
  • CA Kicker
  • Screwdriver
  • Several Paper towels
  • Small pin
  • Thread Locking glue

Promoted Features

The following list contains the features promoted on the Zephyr in ads and on the HobbyKing website. I will discuss some of these promoted items in more detail later as part of this report.

Promoted Features

• Super compressed EPO foam - TRUE
  • Plug and Fly: just add your receiver and battery pack - Some Assembly required as discussed below
  • Clean, efficient aerodynamic design - TRUE
  • V-Tail configuration for optimal performance - It is a V-Tail
  • Large bi-lateral EDF intakes for maximum power & minimum drag - TRUE
  • Stunning Turbine like design - TRUE
  • Plastic molded nose, front and rear landing skid for durability - TRUE
  • Carbon fiber and glass fiber reinforced - TRUE
  • Powerful 70mm EDF housed in removable cover for easy servicing - TRUE
  • Programmable ESC included - TRUE
  • High Torque metal geared servos for all control surfaces - Sounded like metal gearing
  • Quality hardware, servo extensions & Y-Lead included - TRUE
  • Color build manual and ESC programming manual included - TRUE

Required Items not Supplied with Kit & Assembly Tools

• Receiver and a transmitter with V-Tail mixing
  • 3300-3600mAh Turnigy Nano-tech 3S LiPo battery min 25C
  • Velcro to secure the battery pack and ESC in the cockpit
  • Medium thick CA for gluing on the V-Tail
  • 3M clear plastic tape
  • Metric Allen wrench set
  • LiPo balanced battery pack charger

Assembly

Before starting assembly I gave all of the included parts from the kit a detailed visual inspection. I found all of the molded parts to be in good condition, clean, white and well-molded to shape. The foam felt like it was much more highly compressed then my other EPO foam planes, as advertised, and this made the wing feel stiffer then one might expect for how thin it was. Overall, the decals were nicely applied and smooth at the edges with just a couple of bubbles.

Wing

At first I thought the wing assembly came completed but further examination showed I had a couple of small things to do. Although the two aileron servos came installed in the wing and already connected to the ailerons with control rods, my servos were not glued into place so I did that with CA. The same was true for the plastic covers over the aileron control rods at the servos. I secured them in place with a little bit of CA. I loosened the control rods and bent the ailerons up and down about 20 times each to help loosen up the hinge line without weakening it (this is an important step to get proper aileron movement). Each wing half had the aileron servo wire running down inside a groove cut in the wing ending near the wing's center section. With the wing halves together, I plugged in the supplied aileron Y-harness into both aileron servo wires and ran the wires in the grooves in the foam and then up through the slot in the wing under the fuselage for the single connection wire. The Y-harness receiver connector was now on the top of the wing and ready to be installed into the fuselage when the wing was connected to the fuselage. I decided to secure the wires in place in the bottom of the wing using clear 3M plastic tape over the wires. I set the wing aside at this point and worked on installing the V-tail pieces onto the fuselage.

There were three small bubbles and one medium size bubble in the black decals on the bottom center of the wing (As seen above), and I corrected this situation with a pin. I made a small hole in the bubbles and pushed out the trapped air as can be seen below. The supplied wires and control rods all appeared to be in good condition.

Tail

I had two main foam tail pieces that serve as stabilizers and elevators/rudders. I loosened up the hinge line by bending the control surfaces up and down about twenty times each (again, don't skip this step). I then trial fitted the tail pieces into the back of the fuselage and came up with my plan for securing the tail pieces to the fuselage. The V-tail pieces get individually glued onto the fuselage itself and onto two plastic fins extending out to the sides from the fuselage. To make my final bond as strong as possible, I covered the back of the fuselage and sprayed the fins individually with kicker and let the kicker dry. At this point I checked the tail servos and saw that they were secured in place with screws into the fuselage.

When the kicker was completely dry I used medium thick regular CA and spread it onto the portion of one side of the V-tail that rests directly on the top back of the fuselage and on the molded outline on the piece that will be in contact with the plastic fin extending out the side of the fuselage. By using medium thick CA I had some working time with the tail assembly. I fit one V-tail piece in and pressed it firmly against the top of the fuselage and held that with one hand and then squeezed the fin extension and the tail piece together. Thanks to the Kicker I got a nice tight bond with the extension immediately. I held the top of the fin down so that the bottom of the fin was pressing firmly onto the top of the fuselage and held that for about a minute to make sure that the CA had a good bond. I then applied some CA to the foam where it was in contact with the carbon fiber piece that runs through the fuselage. I repeated the process with the other half of the V-tail only this time I had the medium CA on the bottom of the fin that would be against the fuselage and the side of the fin that would touch the first fin piece installed. When the second fin piece was properly installed, I sprayed on some Kicker and wiped away the excess. The tail pieces were now securely and properly fastened to the fuselage.

Fuselage

With the tail pieces now glued onto the fuselage as described above I used the supplied control rods to connect the servos in the back of the fuselage to the control surfaces on the V-tail. For the wing I held the two haves together and slipped the aileron servo Y-connector into the molded hole for it on the bottom of the fuselage. I then slid the two mounting posts into the holes for them on the front of the wing saddle and then secured the wing to the fuselage at the back of the wing with two supplied bolts as shown in the pictures below. The servo wires from the V-tail controlling servos came secured into slots in the side of the fuselage. I checked for any loose fittings and applied a drop of CA to secure a loose wire into place. I removed the screw holding the front of the fan cover in place and pulled the cover off. In addition to the screw it had four magnets holding it in place. I removed the cover to give me better access to the aileron Y-harness wire which I snaked into the back of the cockpit. I then reinstalled the fan cover. The wing is secured to the fuselage on the bottom of the fuselage. The wing was secured to the fuselage with two pins on the wing going into mounts on the front of the wing saddle and then two bolts in back going up through the wing into the fuselage. I have been leaving the Zephyr assembled and transporting it ready to fly. However, if I had to transport it in two pieces the wing is pretty easy to remove and reattach at the field. I plan on leaving the wing halves assembled together even in storage. Time to install the receiver and program my transmitter.

Radio Installation

I used a six channel receiver in my Zephyr but only used 4 of the channels. I connected the ESC wire to the throttle channel, the Aileron Y-harness to the aileron channel and one rear servo to the elevator channel and one to the rudder channel. There is very little wire in the cockpit from the tail servo so 3" extensions can be used to make the connecting to the receiver easier. A friend had used a short Y-harness in his Zephyr to connect both of the rear servos together into the elevator channel and flies his Zephyr with just three channels using throttle, elevator and ailerons. As stated above I used both the rudder and elevator channels on my receiver and then programmed my transmitter for V-tail. The programming was very easy.

Completion

Getting the plane properly balanced front to back for the proper C/G is very important. Selecting the right size and weight of battery is important in achieving this proper balance. I am using a Turnigy Nano-tech 3-cell 3300mAh size battery pack and it is a very tight fit in the cockpit. As shown below in pictures I glued a strip of Velcro that I supplied to the bottom of the cockpit. I placed the matching Velcro on the edge of the battery as the battery pack is too wide to fit in flat in the small cockpit. I had to add a small piece of weight with the battery pack to balance on the C/G. I have the receiver in the very back of the cockpit and I have the ESC secured to the side of the cockpit as shown in the pictures below. I have decided to stay with a 3-cell pack in flying my Zephyr. I am happy with the performance I am getting. I have two Turnigy Nano-tech battery packs that fit the Zephyr. I would have to add a lot more ballast to the cockpit if I tried to use my 3-cell 2200mAh packs.

A friend in Modesto is using a four cell pack to get more speed but at full throttle in a dive he gets a lot more flutter in his wings than I get with my Zephyr and that battery may require motor replacement at some point due to the higher voltage being used.

Flying

Basics

I have set my plane up for four channel control with throttle, ailerons, rudder and elevator using V-tail mixing. I am using a three cell battery as that is what the plane was designed for and high speed runs on one using four cells was causing wing flutter while I have had very little flutter and only in high speed dives. I have balanced my plane on the recommended C/G making certain the balance point was not in back of the C/G position as tail heavy can cause problems (Better a little nose heavy then tail heavy.).

Taking Off and Landing

With no wheels all flights have been at fields with some grass. The instructions strongly recommend against tossing the Zephyr forward with the motor off in hand launch. They recommend full throttle for launch. I am already hearing impaired so I put cotton in my right ear before running up the motor and making a strong forward hand toss at or just slightly above half throttle. I do not throw my Zephyr up I throw it level forward level with the ground with the wings level as well. I do not lightly toss my Zephyr. I throw it hard and level. Once I get my right throwing arm back on the transmitter I climb to altitude. If I have a friend with me I ask him to throw or hold the transmitter while I throw the Zephyr forward nice and hard. Following these steps launching the Zephyr has been without problems. One launch for shooting the video the throttle was not on full, and we had an immediate landing.

For my landings I use a three leg approach just as I would when flying a full size plane. I fly downwind, crosswind and then turn onto final slowly lowering speed and bringing her down smoothly to a slide on the grass landing with a very slight flair just before touchdown with power going off at that time. Most of my slides have been nice and straight but some have had a wing tip on one side catch a bit and turn my Zephyr but so far without any damage. I very strongly recommend against making any turns really near the ground when landing. Smooth and level is the way to land the Zephyr. This is more important then with many other planes as the Zephyr's wing is the bottom of the plane and there is no fuselage to slide on while holding up the wing. Thus having the wing level is key to a good landing. There are built in slides front and back but even next to a runway I prefer to land on the grass.

Aerobatics/Special Flight Performance

What is different about the Zephyr from a lot of propeller powered Warmliners is the material used (super compressed foam), the way it is constructed, the use of an EDF to power it and where the fan is located. Powered with the recommended three cell battery it performs very well. It does nice climbs, can perform small and large loops and does nice rolls. With the motor off it glides well and in an eight mile an hour breeze at the slope she flew very well for as long as I wanted to fly. She does slow down nicely but when I tried to fly her too slowly and she waddled before she stalled so she gives tells to turn on the motor or drop the nose and let her pick up speed. In breezy conditions when detecting thermals is more difficult in the first place I had trouble detecting the thermals or getting much lift from them if I did fly into them. On a calm day I did thermal and climbed several hundred feet on ONE (1) occasion. A more skillful sailplane pilot would probably due better than I did but I suspect most pilots would find thermaling this plane on a regular basis to be difficult. I would say that once launched she is an easy plane for the intermediate or better pilot to fly with power turned on. She has a wide speed range with lots of power but not enough for me to classify her as a Hotliner. She flies great at the slope as a glider but as described a challenge to thermal regularly.

That said, I have to admit I find her very fun to fly! She looks different and to my eye is very pretty in the air. Others seem to find her very interesting as I had a lot of people who wanted to buy her at our club's Jet Rally and they had only seen her sitting on a table at that time. Several people ordered their own Zephyr are examining mine and one or two more after seeing her fly.

Stunning Turbine Like Design

This promoted feature is true and it also makes stunning turbine type sounds. I am hearing impaired and so I put ear plugs or cotton into my right ear when launching the Zephyr. Even though the launch is over with quickly It is loud at full throttle when right by the ear. My precaution may be excessive but I am already saying: "What?" far to often. I recommend that pilots NOT run up the motor on the ground with children present or have them close to the launching of the Zephyr. I recommend pilots use precaution for their hearing when launching the Zephyr or any hand launched EDF plane. My concern as to hearing is ONLY with the launch when the plane is right by the ear.

Is This For a Beginner?

No! This plane is for the intermediate or better pilot. I do NOT recommend this plane for a beginner. The pilot needs to know how to land with the wings level and the plane tracking in a straight line and that rules out beginners. I DO recommend this plane for intermediate and better pilots.

Flight Video/Photo Gallery

Downloads

Downloads

Downloads

Conclusion

As discussed above the construction of the plane is very different. There is a carbon fiber piece in the fuselage from the motor/fan area to inside the V-tail area. The foam is very compressed, more so to my touch than any other EPO foam plane I have examined. The decals on the wing and fuselage help protect much of the foams surface and were pleasing to my eye but you can certainly judge that for yourself by looking at the pictures. As discussed above I found the plane met all of the advertised claims made about the Zephyr in the advertising and on HobbyKing's website. The cockpit is very cramped and I am using the recommended size battery. I have seen the Zephyr flown with a four cell battery pack and the motor was much louder on four cells, the Zephyr was faster and the wings had a good deal more flutter in those high speed runs on four cells. As stated elsewhere I am happy with the performance using the recommended three cell pack. However, If I felt the need for more speed and went to four cells I would upgrade to stronger servos in the back of the fuselage and tape the wing with strapping tape to give it more strength.

Finally assembly was very quick with the Zephyr. Programming for the V-tail was a snap. The best part is how much fun she is to fly and she has proven to be a real attention getter. Everyone that has seen her feels she is well worth the money with the included motor, ESC and four servos. If she were a movie I would give her two thumbs up and I would buy the DVD because she is fun to watch over and over in the air.

Finally, She really is like nothing I have seen before!

Pluses

• A good Warmliner (semi-fast) plane with power on
  • A very enjoyable slope glider with the ability to power on to climb back up if the wind dies
  • Glides very nicely at a thermal site and a challenge to thermal even in pretty good lift
  • Does nice loops and roles
  • Fun and easy to fly

Minuses

• Very loud right by the ear at launch
  • Important to have wings level when landing

I want to thank to my friends Dick, Al and especially Jose (the potential blackmailer) for their help with the media for this review and my thanks to our editor, Angela for her assistance. A special thanks to HobbyKing and Durafly for supplying this plane for this review.

Last edited by Michael Heer; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:34 AM..

Discussion

Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:35 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Great write-up and beautiful pictures!

I think we all appreciate that you're being fair here...so many of these reviews gloss over the negative aspects but it seems like you were genuinely giving us the whole picture. Thank you.

Good input on the "compressed EPO!" Sounds great. How does it compare to the denseer versions of the Multiplex Elapor (as seen in the Blizzard and Funjet Ultra, etc)?

You mentioned the main reason that I have skipped this plane- the flutter in high speed dives (or with more power). IMO, if it doesn't thermal well, can't be hotrodded, can't exploit high speeds from a dive, my interest is lowered.

That said, it sounds like you enjoyed flying it and that it certainly has other virtues.

Good stuff all around.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:01 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,601 Posts
I do enjoy flying her! She does have a great WOW value at the field and is a fun plane to fly as a warmliner and with that understanding I think she is a good value and most pilots will enjoy flying her. A couple of my friends have placed orders for one. I consider her a plane that glides well rather than a soarer. I get a long flight time climbing to altitude with the motor on and gliding down and she has a relatively fast glide. Thus fun at the flying field and at the slope with a good breeze but in heavy wind I will still go to a lead sled. Thanks for the nice comments MRGTX. Mike Heer
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:48 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,457 Posts
So its really more like a hotliner than a powered glider? Great revier by the way!! I have been looking at this for a while but I really wanted it to soar better than you guys are reporting. Still might get one looks like fun to fly....I just miss my 40 minute flights with my Miss Stik.....
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:54 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Interesting read Mike. Thankyou....
Would suggest if folks are looking for something that is more glider, less warmliner, the Dynamic S is a good alternative. Still a fast flyer but without the distinctive noise of the Zep!
GavDorro is offline Find More Posts by GavDorro
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:33 AM
|Taranis|>|All other Tx's|
United States, WA, Richland
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
One aspect of flying the zephyr that need to be emphasized is that while the Zephyr will snap and spin -- it must be done with extreme caution. The zephyr very easily will get into a perfectly flat spin with rotation about the fan/Cg. This is next to impossible to correct unless the pilot knows about severe spin correction.
1. cut throttle
2. wait for the nose to drop
3. correct for rotation (counter so there is no rotation)
4. throttle up
5. pull up... but not until sufficient flight speed is attained.
6. restore normal breathing.

The zephyr requires over 100 feet for flat spin recovery and that's a long time for one to hold their breath.
scott page is offline Find More Posts by scott page
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:07 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDorro View Post
Interesting read Mike. Thankyou....
Would suggest if folks are looking for something that is more glider, less warmliner, the Dynamic S is a good alternative. Still a fast flyer but without the distinctive noise of the Zep!
Interesting, when I flew the 2 back to back to compare, I found the Zephyr to be the better glider off power.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:24 AM
3 Strykers,your out !
Lurking Melbourne Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reco View Post
So its really more like a hotliner than a powered glider? Great revier by the way!! I have been looking at this for a while but I really wanted it to soar better than you guys are reporting. Still might get one looks like fun to fly....I just miss my 40 minute flights with my Miss Stik.....
No it's nothing liker a Hotliner actually .
junglegym is online now Find More Posts by junglegym
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
One item that was not covered in the review -- because it was not experienced -- is the poor design of the shipping container.
If you look at the photo of the open box - you'll see the fuselage spans the entire length of the box -- with only mm's of crush space on either side. I've purchased two Zephyrs -- the first arrived in pristine shape. I traded that one to a jealous pilot for a nearly new AddictionX (great trade for me) and ordered a second Zephyr. I then joined the club of those that received a box without external signs of distress, but a fuselage that was broken inside from crush pressure on the sides. In my case the tail section and hatch broke.
If hobby King had parts they could replace the broken parts -- but I received an email yesterday that said parts were 2-3 months out. They offered me $40 store credit for my inconvenience. A week ago Durafly told me via Facebook that parts were about a week away from delivery to Hobby King -- so who is right?? Who knows.
In any event -- if you look at the photo of the unboxing of the model you can see where ordering a zephyr is a roll of the dice. As it was single boxed - -not double boxed all it took was the pressure of other stuff stacked on top of it to collapse the hatch, crease the foam and break the tail bracket.

EDIT: close examination of the photos above and you can see a crease in the foam packing near the tail - and a dimple by the nose.. which sort of illustrates what I'm talking about.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 03:59 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
I am sorry yours turned up damaged but I can't agree that the packaging is poor, very few Zephyr's have suffered any sort of damage in transit, the model is packed into a proper molded styrene holder that is shaped for the various components and the outer box is very sturdy.....basically, any model will get damaged if some idiot courier or postie treats it badly enough.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
I am sorry yours turned up damaged but I can't agree that the packaging is poor, very few Zephyr's have suffered any sort of damage in transit, the model is packed into a proper molded styrene holder that is shaped for the various components and the outer box is very sturdy.....basically, any model will get damaged if some idiot courier or postie treats it badly enough.
For anyone pondering the merits of the packaging, please keep in mind that Phoneix Racing unofficially represents Hobby King.

Looking at Michael Heer's picture of the packaging, I see what Scott Page is getting at... I think we need more feedback from people who have received them Scott Page might have just been unlucky...but his point is valid, especially about the replacement part availability.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=5184713
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Phoenix Racing -- first of all I do enjoy your Hobby King demonstration videos and I understand your duty to support Hobby King in the forums. However this is a clear cut issue of container design. Simply put, there is not enough crush space on the ends of the container to withstand the pressure from the mass of other boxes stacked on top of one another in shipping - especially if the box is set on end at the bottom of a pile boxes in a container.

When you look closely at the photo from this review http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=5184713
The photo reveals that the fuselage has been pressed into both ends of the foam -- a clear dimple at the nose and also cracking int he packing at the tail. Picture the box placed on end with a stack of other boxes above it in a shipping container. That fuselage becomes a supporting pillar. This crush pressure is evident from undamaged model.

This is not the result of an idiot courier (for once) - because the damage is consistent in each case (not that there are not others) rather than a random hole here and broken part there. This damage could as easily have occurred between the manufacturer and Hobby King's loading docks, or when stacked their warehouse as while int he post as there was no external signs of damage. The fuselage is simply not designed to support weight like a pillar, which is apparently what's happening.

Hopefully Hobby King will double box future shipments (both of mine were single) so there is adequate crush space on the ends.

EDIT: I'm not going to respond further except to report when replacement parts are received. I don't appreciate flames or duels in the forums, and won't participate in one. The bottom line is the Zephyr is a great aircraft -- perhaps the model of the year. :-) No corners were cut with them model itself, it's just a shame that container does not offer more protection.

EDIT#2: Hobby King did replace my damaged merchandise with a new Kit.
Last edited by scott page; Dec 04, 2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:08 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Interesting, when I flew the 2 back to back to compare, I found the Zephyr to be the better glider off power.
That IS interesting. I definitely dont get the same "hang time" out of my Zephyr that my brother sees with his "S". I just put it down to weight difference? I'm flying 3300 nano techs with some extra lead nose weight. He's using 2200's....
Staying up, off power with the Zep is not impossible, but a stiff breeze is mandatory!
Maybe I should take a few grams of lead out of the nose??
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:19 AM
Don't Panic!
Australia, WA, Baldivis
Joined Jul 2011
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page View Post
If hobby King had parts they could replace the broken parts -- but I received an email yesterday that said parts were 2-3 months out. A week ago Durafly told me via Facebook that parts were about a week away from delivery to Hobby King -- so who is right?? Who knows.
Sorry Scott.....
I really hate it when I'm right!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:37 AM
Joined May 2009
6,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavDorro View Post
Sorry Scott.....
I really hate it when I'm right!
I hate it too. This is the perfect time of year for something that will punch through the wind in our area -- and although I've got a Dynamic-S -- I'd really like to have my damaged on delivery Zephyr flying too. But then again I'd like to have a Twinkie --- and wanting something doesn't mean it's meant to be. I'm afraid I'll have a Twinkie before I have my zephyr parts. They offered me $40 compensation to forget the whole thing. I'd think that it would be easier to send me an ARF from the U.S. warehouse and be done with it. I'd even be happy to ship the wings back to them.