HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, NC, Faison
Joined Jan 2011
683 Posts
The kits have arrived! the rest of the stuff is scheduled for tomorrow and Thursday. I will work ont hem next week.....
rjstrickjr is offline Find More Posts by rjstrickjr
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
846 Posts
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
plane/heli flyer
Joined Sep 2012
31 Posts
Find plans

Find plans build out of dollar store foam bord and spend about 50 dollars from hk
Zak souza is offline Find More Posts by Zak souza
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:35 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,395 Posts
Quote:
Find plans build out of dollar store foam bord and spend about 50 dollars from hk
You didn't even have to read the whole thread. All you had to read was the previous three replies.

What is the world coming to?
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:36 AM
The Hog Wild Man
United States, AR, Piggott
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/user/Hogwildflys
Here's a link for Hog Wild Combat Plane from Electric-Combat.
Bobby Baker PH# 870-324-0428 or 301-785-9516
bob and kay is offline Find More Posts by bob and kay
Old Oct 06, 2012, 01:35 AM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,547 Posts
If you play your cards right, the wife will allow you more fun. Play the card of I never knew how much fun electric could be and it is all because of you. You inspire me to be a better man.....blah blah blah.
GBLynden is offline Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:13 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
HogWild Combat Plane

Hog Wild is the way to go. Go to www.electric-combat.com or go to Amazon and search HogWild Combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstrickjr View Post
Ok like the title says. My wife wants a combat plane and I think that I need to find one or build one. She hates the hobby! She seen these things in action and now she wants a stab at it. My 14 year old son also wants the opertunity to cut her streamer and crash her out of the sky. She normaly says or talks only bad about my ("STUPID AIRPLANES") as she says so I think this might be a way to spark her interest and maybe even get her into it!.

What I need;

DX6, I have one already and need 1 more
All the electronics for 2 birds, SC, REC, SERVOS, MOTOR, PROP
2ea airframes, or the planes and instructions on how to build and what to use
STREAMERS!!! What to use for streamers?

Now the important part is advise. Have you guys ever let your wives or girlfreinds infiltrate the hobby that we love? What was your experiance and does it work?

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and suggestions. Keep in mind that our age group is early 40's not 20's. Money for this adventure will be limited to 200.00 per plane or if possable 200.00 for both of them. There might even be a 3rd if I want in on it and even a 4th if the 5 year old decides to take mommy out
Myron Low is offline Find More Posts by Myron Low
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:04 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
846 Posts
rj,

Are y'all Hoggin' it up yet?

Those things have really caught on with my flying buds, there are 4 of us & one fellas' wife flying them now and 5 more guys building.

Full contact combat coming soon at a location near me.
Old Nov 09, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
rj,

Are y'all Hoggin' it up yet?

Those things have really caught on with my flying buds, there are 4 of us & one fellas' wife flying them now and 5 more guys building.

Full contact combat coming soon at a location near me.
I just finished the second one a few minutes ago. I am going to introduce them and their new pilots this weekend
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:26 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
846 Posts
The grinnin' is soon to be beginnin'.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 06:33 AM
Joined Jan 2011
683 Posts
So far the only thig I see wrong with this whole idea is if they like it that will leave me with less funds for my giant's
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:11 AM
Joined Jan 2011
683 Posts
Well,,,,,,

Took the hog's home to their new pilots this Saturday. The oldest(14 almost 15) loved it and found it vary easy to fly. He was taking off and rolling it, diving and just putting around.

Wife!! OMG she needs help Did not want to listen to the instructor(me) and put it in the ground seversl times. Just like all new pilots when told to go left she put the gimble all the way left when told no no right she would put it all the way right. When told get some altitude she wants to push up on the stick and not pull back. When told to pull back pull back she pulls all the way back. WOW what a desaster

Sunday the little one (5) wanted to fly. So they all came out to the airfield and I had the 1/4 scale cub ready to go with a buddy box connected. I got her off the ground and pushed the trianer button and away he went. Flew HIS NEW CUB LIKE A CHAMP YES I SAID HIS NEW CUB. No matter what happens that is now his airplane. Well I decided that mom needed a second chance to fly and maybe with the buddy cord it would be a little easier to teach. The controls were explained once again and she insisted that's not what she was told yesturday! LOL then the button was pushed and away she went pulling and releasing to hear the thud sound of gimbles being let go and springing to center and all the bad stuff from the day prior I final had to land after 20 minutes in the air (DLE 30 love it). Feuled it back up and away it went. She did not want the controls back so I just flew it around and went on the my bid stuff

The oldest surprized me when he took his wild hog off and flew it in public. He does not like to fly in public with alot of people around but the hog gave him a since of security with ease of flight. He was all over the sky and there was 5 planes up at one time and he was hanging in there. Not like him at all. The thing he likes the most is that he can land it by himself. Just throttle back and let her glide in at your feet.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:23 PM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
846 Posts
Quote:
Well,,,,,,

Took the hog's home to their new pilots this Saturday. The oldest(14 almost 15) loved it and found it vary easy to fly. He was taking off and rolling it, diving and just putting around.

Wife!! OMG she needs help Did not want to listen to the instructor(me) and put it in the ground seversl times. Just like all new pilots when told to go left she put the gimble all the way left when told no no right she would put it all the way right. When told get some altitude she wants to push up on the stick and not pull back. When told to pull back pull back she pulls all the way back. WOW what a desaster

Sunday the little one (5) wanted to fly. So they all came out to the airfield and I had the 1/4 scale cub ready to go with a buddy box connected. I got her off the ground and pushed the trianer button and away he went. Flew HIS NEW CUB LIKE A CHAMP YES I SAID HIS NEW CUB. No matter what happens that is now his airplane. Well I decided that mom needed a second chance to fly and maybe with the buddy cord it would be a little easier to teach. The controls were explained once again and she insisted that's not what she was told yesturday! LOL then the button was pushed and away she went pulling and releasing to hear the thud sound of gimbles being let go and springing to center and all the bad stuff from the day prior I final had to land after 20 minutes in the air (DLE 30 love it). Feuled it back up and away it went. She did not want the controls back so I just flew it around and went on the my bid stuff

The oldest surprized me when he took his wild hog off and flew it in public. He does not like to fly in public with a lot of people around but the hog gave him a since of security with ease of flight. He was all over the sky and there was 5 planes up at one time and he was hanging in there. Not like him at all. The thing he likes the most is that he can land it by himself. Just throttle back and let her glide in at your feet.
I'm glad to hear you had some success, even if not complete.
Tell me, what do you think of the way a Wild Hog can fly?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Jan 2011
683 Posts
It flys pretty good. On the set up I chose it has a 7-5 prop. After reading what others were running I decided to change the prop to a 9-6. I went back to the 7-5 it is way better than the 9-6 and the battery got real hot with the 9-6. Trimming out was tricky and I still feel like it is not trimmed but real easy to fly none the less.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:13 AM
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
846 Posts
Quote:
It flys pretty good. On the set up I chose it has a 7-5 prop. After reading what others were running I decided to change the prop to a 9-6. I went back to the 7-5 it is way better than the 9-6 and the battery got real hot with the 9-6. Trimming out was tricky and I still feel like it is not trimmed but real easy to fly none the less.
Surprised to hear about trimming difficulties. Where are you setting the CG?
Assuming all equipment is in the tray, lateral balance shouldn't be a problem.
Is your motor mounted square in both axes?

I went back and looked at your motor specs, and I'm not surprised to hear that a 9x6 is a bit much for it. 8x4 or 8x5 might be worth trying if you're wanting a little more oomph.

Hang in there, a right flying Hog Wild is tons o' fun.