HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by mark_q, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,270 Posts
Discussion
Hoverthings HT-FPV Quad

It's all about FPV!

My Build Notes

mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by mark_q; Oct 20, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
30 Posts
Beautiful build man i have a naza f450 and its not ideal for fpv so im gonna purchase the ht fpv any pointers or dislikes or reccomendations for that matter about that bad boy what escs are you runnin
matix101 is offline Find More Posts by matix101
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:03 AM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matix101 View Post
Beautiful build man i have a naza f450 and its not ideal for fpv so im gonna purchase the ht fpv any pointers or dislikes or reccomendations for that matter about that bad boy what escs are you runnin
Hey matix,

Thanks for the nice words. I will tell you I was a little disappointed with the HT-FPV frame. I say was because I dis-assembled it after 30 flights to build a TBS Discovery quad. The dislikes were really that the HT-FPV frame is very flexible and seemed to amplify vibration from the NTM motors. I spent a huge amount of time balancing motors and props and still, it had this issue. Frustrating because I like the look, the size and the low profile. The frame is for sale for $50. It does have a 1/16" plywood stiffener glued to the bottom because the camera mount was too flexible for my liking. There is no damage to any frame part except the screws are a little worn.

The TBS Discovery frame is now $5 more ($100 without the voltage regulator) and I think it is much more solid. I have no vibration problems, it has very clean embedded wiring for power and the reciever and the DJI arms are inexpensive and easy to change if needed. I have about 20 flights so far and love it. The ESC's I am using are 25A SimonK flashed customs I bought from "saabguyspg" here on RCGroups.

Cheers - Mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TBS Disco Gimbal Update