SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2003, 06:12 AM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
Request, uk to Florida meet-up

I am going to Florida in January with family, (holiday) and am hoping to get a day away to visit a local modelling club/person have chat, see models etc. Would also be looking to take pictures for website.

I am taking family to Orlando, Melborne and the keys so, if there are any guys/clubs out there willing to host me for a day it would be very welcome.

Why this section, cause scale and electric is my main flying interest, thanks in advance.

John
sparkinwheels is offline Find More Posts by sparkinwheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2003, 01:16 PM
A Few Sandwiches Shy
Orlando, FL
Joined Jun 2001
1,961 Posts
John - we have a HUGE gathering here in Orlando. Check the Club Talk forum under Orlando E-Zone Squadron. There is someone out at the field everyday and a croud of around 30 on the weekends. It is real easy to get to from the major highways. Let me (or anyone on the thread) know where you are coming from and when you'll be here and we'll get you directions.

Hope to see you in January

Rob
RMason is offline Find More Posts by RMason
Old Nov 28, 2003, 05:51 PM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
thanks mate, going for a look now.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 11:13 AM
Cleared Hot!
Melbourne, FL
Joined Feb 2001
501 Posts
John, when are you going to be around? The IRKS club here in Melbourne is having both a big-bird meet and an indoor electric meet the weekend of Jan. 4th (the indoor fly-in is Saturday evening, Jan. 4) and we'd love to have you come by if you're in the area. Look in the "Events" section at http://www.irks.org/ for a map and more info. Normally you need an AMA card to fly as a guest at the club field or at the indoor event, but if you have the British equivalent of our AMA then perhaps that would be OK too... I have emailed our club president to find the answer to that for you, and will post his reply here when I get it. (The county we lease the main field from requires AMA membership, due to the million-dollar liability protection it affords. If you have a similar membership with insurance coverage and it will apply here, then it may be OK... will post his reply here when I hear back from him.)
Merlin_FAC is offline Find More Posts by Merlin_FAC
Old Dec 02, 2003, 11:20 AM
Cumbria
Joined Apr 2003
371 Posts
Thanks for that mate, unfortunately I won't be out until 9th Jan, dag nabbit', argghh.
It would be great to still meet up with like minded types, a breath of sanity on family holiday (vacation). If no fly no problem I'd be happy just to meet, talk, photograph for website and possibly a mag article too!
I'll check out the website mate and see what I can get to/what ties in with my time there. Thanks again mate.
Old Dec 02, 2003, 12:07 PM
Cleared Hot!
Melbourne, FL
Joined Feb 2001
501 Posts
No problem... maybe we'll see you at the field... pretty much have folks there all weekend and during the week as well. Also, check here for the rocket launch schedule... http://www.flatoday.com/news/space/extlaunch.htm - looks like a launch is scheduled sometime in January and the ones this month may very well be pushed back if there are problems (there usually are) so hopefully you can see a rocket go off as well.
Merlin_FAC is offline Find More Posts by Merlin_FAC