HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2004
3,089 Posts
Discussion
2012 WC / FAI Rules / Eric Wierman / improvemnts for the future

Let's discuss these topics here.

(edit; as of Feb 2013, first Contest I've heard of using the new telemetry logger is scheduled for this September. Great news!!!
epwierman is offline Find More Posts by epwierman
Last edited by epwierman; Feb 24, 2013 at 07:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:56 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epwierman View Post
Let's discuss these topics here.
Nice move... keep the WC thread "clean"...

Golikov's disqualification looks a bit like a revenge action from here... What exactly did he do wrong?
I understand now there was a complaint and he could not represent another country than last time...(can't read the documents very well...) That's understandable for sports like football and so on(for people having several nationalities) , but for big men playing with little airplanes???
WimH is online now Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by WimH; Sep 17, 2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: I've got more info now...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:16 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
It is very unfortunate and to go all the way to Romania and then be disqualified is very hard. At a world championship though, it's a formal event. It is hard to argue the jury decision was wrong. Golikov himself had made many statements about the rules in the past and then tried to ignore one of them. There is much to learn about politics from this.
davidleitch is offline Find More Posts by davidleitch
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:43 PM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Oosterzele
Joined Dec 2001
5,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidleitch View Post
Golikov himself had made many statements about the rules in the past and then tried to ignore one of them. There is much to learn about politics from this.
don't think it was intentional... but I agree about the politics...
earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiMirov View Post
Golikov , not playing for Kahzakstan - shame on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golikov View Post
Russia ask me to help with... Nothing to change...
WimH is online now Find More Posts by WimH
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: That elusive thermal...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:10 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Verenigd Koninkrijk, Fareham
Joined Aug 2008
7,153 Posts
I agree the rule should be changed for our class and others like it as the participants number is to small as it is. Rules should not be geared towards people not flying unless they cheat. I don't think flying for another nation is cheating altho some may argue here. I refer back to my first sentence. I think everyone who wants to should be allowed to fly no matter what. The team thing is just an extra gimmick for another type of ranking. My view anyway.

However, I think we should stick to the rules that are in force and I for one was well aware of this one. It's partly why I didn't go to the USA.

Please write a proposal to change this rule.
jjmouris is online now Find More Posts by jjmouris
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My F5B saw tooth props
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:24 PM
Italy,Russia,Kazakhstan...
Joined Aug 2007
588 Posts
At first!
I'm not disqualified, jast cannot to partecipate the WC (read watercloset) in Romania. Pissoff at the field and corners.

Yes, the SC rules was violated, but not only by me, organisers and jury guilty too.

The organaiser MUST to check before the validity of licences for the event. Even organaiser has accept the entry (and for shure entry fee), this was confirm- is OK.
The Jury President has to check one mounth before the event is every is OK and if not, noticed about...

And I'm with an idea about the rules equal for everybody, has think about paragrafs 8.1.3.1.2. GS_2012 about 185 days by year for residence to have a right for NAC licence, and someone clouse to swiss oldie person, who resident of one country and flew for other national team...

but nothing, piss off on the field if I cant to enter in wc for the rules.

You absolutely right, actions agaynst me, is a revenge... Lets look how marazmus can to progress. Isterical Conu who try to pull me out of jury stand when I ask him about payback the entry fee. Cowardly to run from me, Manfred. Does not want to get into the hands of a written request for a refund.

I do not want to write anything about the wave of strange reflys, showing very strange selection of austrian computer system malfunction. Tomorrow I will take on the camera and try to ensure that this topic with photographs violations of competition rules.
Golikov is online now Find More Posts by Golikov
Old Sep 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
There surely cannot be any argument that its the job of the organizers of the competition to check licenses and qualification with the rules. And a refund of the entry fee would seem completely in order.

These days there always seems to be some drama at this competition over and beyond the flying.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:47 PM
San Diego, CA, USA
Joined Nov 2001
2,820 Posts
It is also the job of the contestant read and understand the rules to see if they are eligible before they enter. The FAI rules are very clear about when you can switch from one country.
Chuck
rcelectfly is offline Find More Posts by rcelectfly
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:50 PM
Joined Aug 2007
588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcelectfly View Post
It is also the job of the contestant read and understand the rules to see if they are eligible before they enter. The FAI rules are very clear about when you can switch from one country.
Chuck
Shure, AND same clear about country of residence.
And where is this knight in shining armor, of the Austrian team, which was so insistent against me and forgot about Remo Frattini?

For me it is important that the maximum number of really wanting persons to participate in the competition. I'm not going to protest for the residence of Remo Frattini and his license FAI.
I only hope the personal honesty and brilliant Austrian jury member and shure Team manager.
If only everyone could admit his mistakes as I recognize my own.

P.S. in 2008 team USA has replaced the competitor jast in day of event start. For russian team was not given same possibility in 2012.
Rules are equal for everybody?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:15 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
The usa team did substitute a competitor halfway through the 2008 competition and they were allowed to fly. However the rule clearly shows that substitutions are not allowed after model processing.

It could be argued in Golikov's case I suppose that it's not a substitution it's really just putting in a 3rd team member since previously only two valid members were entered.

I also would say that the Russian team has had a very hard time of it over the past two competitions remembering that Sergey Anashin was not allowed entry to the USA.

Finally I think it is poor form, even bad sportsmanship to wait until after it is too late for the Russian team to change its team to lodge the complaint. Whoever lodged the complaint must have known they were going to do it well in advance. But they waited just to cause maximum pain and embarrassment. in the end all that does is destroy the spirit of the hobby.
Last edited by davidleitch; Sep 18, 2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: ipad
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:03 AM
Cambridge
Joined Sep 2005
707 Posts
The way the rules read - Remo has no issues - He I assume has an Italian passport which effectively means he could choose to fly for Italy (as a citizen) or Switzerland (he should qualify under the 185 day residency rule - I don't know his specific movements but as far as I know he live there full time). You do not need to live in the country where your passport was issued to fly for them.

Yes very bad taste to let it get to a point where a substitute couldn't be swapped in. This was one of the thoughts behind the "fair play" thread I started - Hopefully the flying is cleaner.

It has been mentioned several times to me that there appears to be a 2 tier system at the moment - Some who can complain and their thoughts are listened to. Others can complain and get pushed to one side. This needs to change.

Hopefully seeing Bastien flying will encourage more younger entrants into the sport and over time things will smooth out. ie the old guard will move out.
Alan Flockhart is offline Find More Posts by Alan Flockhart
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:50 AM
Tragic case
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
5,875 Posts
Last edited by davidleitch; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: no need
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:28 AM
Needs brain lubrication
Aachen, very western Germany
Joined Dec 2004
1,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Flockhart View Post
Hopefully seeing Bastien flying will encourage more younger entrants into the sport and over time things will smooth out. ie the old guard will move out.
I'd second that.

This is already a sport for a small group of people who have the means and the will to participate in events.
If I'd be pondering (I am not, anyway) to participate, this politics would be reason enough not to go at all.

I wish you all possible fun over there, honestly.

The signal this episode sends out to the world, however, will not help to attract people to the sport.

biber
biber is offline Find More Posts by biber
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Aug 2007
588 Posts
Quote:
........ Remo has no issues -....................
good! very good... No one from austria can to exclude him from end result at last day of competition, if the Italians can get the first team place! You know how the austrian peoples like this. (I made a bid for Italians team)
Quote:
Yes very bad taste to let it get to a point where a substitute couldn't be swapped in. This was one of the thoughts behind the "fair play" thread I started - Hopefully the flying is cleaner.
Are you shure? I think the topics "to make better the world" was two years ago, and nothing to change agayne and agayne.
Quote:
Are you seriosly? Two years ago we are near 50 at the field. Now 40...

I think that the situation will not change as long as the committee and the organizers will feel like kings positions. As long as the pilots do not understand that, the committee and organizers of this is just the hired personnel, changes in the situation cant be.
The current situation reminds me of the times of communism in Russia. Old Brezhnev kissing Honecker, communists tell people how to live. And people continue to pay and listen to their idiotic speech. Laws prescribe communists, those who do not agree and have their own opinion, sent to the Gulag or send abroad. I remember that time, and due to familiarity with some Austrian and Swiss-German tovarish, memories amuses me especially.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:29 PM
Joined Aug 2007
588 Posts
One more.
Today only the compliants of Peter Bench (sorry if I have wrong with name) prevent the reflight for an Austrian pilot, who broke the rule of "safety line". And of course the Austrian member of jury was ready to give him one more possibility to make a points. But thank for Peter, at least this time the rules was applied correct.