HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Aug 2011
2,204 Posts
Question
Picked up an Eflite T-34 Mentor today. Any thoughts?

I got a great deal on an Eflite Mentor today. I didn't see a thread on here for one. I was wondering what peoples experience has been with this plane.
cwolfe is offline Find More Posts by cwolfe
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:03 AM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,166 Posts
If you use the advanced search and choose the option to include your keywords, eg T-34 Mentor in the thread title only, you'd probably get a similar result to Rick.

And, also in advance search if you click on the Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes parent forum, that will weed out all the pesky for sale ads
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Last edited by scirocco; Sep 17, 2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Limiting search scope
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:03 AM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
168 Posts
cwolfe,
I have owned an Eflite T-34 for about a year and a half now with 50 flights on it. It is an outstanding airplane. I get comments about it at my flying club all the time. I have the Power 25 on it with a flap servo although I rarely if ever need to use the flaps.
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:51 AM
United States, VA, Franconia
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
I have one and think its a great plane. My T-34 is running a Power 32 with a 60 amp ESC and 4s 4000mah battery. Among the guys I fly with the Eflite T-34 is very well regarded.
smoothvirus is offline Find More Posts by smoothvirus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blackout Mini H Quadcopter
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:00 PM
Rockford, IL
Joined Oct 2003
972 Posts
I have an E-flite T-34, got it about 3 or 4 years ago. Great plane. I usually fly about a dozen flights on it every lime I take it to the field which is 3 or 4 times a month. Love it.

Tom Moody
Tom Moody is online now Find More Posts by Tom Moody
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
Arizona Fun
Casa Grande Arizona
Joined Mar 2010
303 Posts
I had one...

I had one and didn't really like flying it so I sold it. Looking back with more experience under my belt I may have not had the right attitude or flown the T-34 properly. At the time I was into Parkzone foam planes and the Mentor seemed to fly kind of like a truck in comparison. I probably didn't use enough power and should have flown it faster. There are times I'd like to have it back to give it another try. I remember it being a beautiful airplane to look at. I had the flap option but could never quite figure out if I liked using them or not. Flaps would slow it down for landing but would instantly drop like a rock if I got too slow before touchdown so I learned to use more power on approach. My best landings were without flaps. I remember it being well built and very sturdy. I miss my T-34 Mentor now after writing this. Before selling my T-34 I took the Rx, Park 25 motor and ESC and put them in a new Pulse 25e XT and I really like it
ArizonaFun is offline Find More Posts by ArizonaFun
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:27 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,303 Posts
T-34 was my first non-foamy, been flying it for almost a year now. It was quite an adjustment - it's faster & heavier than a anything I'd flown to that point, and a few dabs of Gorilla Glue won't fix it in a few minutes like a foamy. However it's been rugged & reliable so far!

Just watch the canopy. I had one depart in mid-roll earlier this summer, and I've seen others comment that the magnets holding it in place aren't always up to the job.
CF105 is online now Find More Posts by CF105
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:08 PM
Arizona Fun
Casa Grande Arizona
Joined Mar 2010
303 Posts
Ejected canopy!

CF105; I wish I would have made the adjustment from foam you speak of, it was a beautiful airplane and very tough. It being heavier & faster made me nervous back then. I would be much more comfortable with it now. I had my T-34 canopy fly off once. My canopy magnets were too strong so I put 2 pieces of clear medical tape over them. After the canopy flew off, I took off one piece of tape and it was perfect. Strong enough to hold it in flight, but easier to take off on the ground. I remember cracking the back plastic edge of the canopy with my fingers because mine was so hard to take off, the one piece of tape made it right.
ArizonaFun is offline Find More Posts by ArizonaFun