SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
haskins02
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
Canít Get E Sky 4 Ch Flight Simulator to Work on Windows 7: .dll File Problem

My previous (and first) thread, I asked if this older simulator will work with Windows 7. I got responses back indicating it works just fine. See http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post22670145
So I purchased it and installed it. But every time I try to use it (or install it), I get the error message ďD3DRM.dll is not loaded.Ē For those using this simulator on Windows 7, how did you get around the .dll file problem? Thanks.

Greg
haskins02 is offline Find More Posts by haskins02
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:26 PM
in the beginning...
United States, MO, De Soto
Joined Mar 2012
475 Posts
I didnt have that problem, but try this link and see if that helps ya.
boats

http://www.microflight.com/s.nl/ctyp...390/KB.1034/.f
bm2thirsty is offline Find More Posts by bm2thirsty
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:39 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
1,077 Posts
Or, try the Clearview demo. Nice graphics and a whole bunch of features to help you get the best out of RC simulator flying. The only limitation is minimal model options, but you get a good feel for the software. If you purchase (like me) you get boat-loads (hmmm 'Hangar-loads') of models and flying sites to choose from
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:49 PM
haskins02
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Thanks. I tried the link provided by bm2thirsty – I loaded the .dll file as instructed, but it still did not work. What happens is that the program’s window just flashes like a mad strobe light and the landscapes and models don't load properly. Maybe it’s a conflict with my graphics card.
I am aware of the Clearview simulator, but I didn’t want to pay $40. Is the "demo" version a free download that can be used indefinitely, unlike some demo software which limits your access time, then you have to buy it?
Thanks again for any help getting me started in R/C model flying!
Greg
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:54 PM
Sure, I can fly after sunset!?
United States, MI, Novi
Joined Jan 2011
527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haskins02 View Post
I am aware of the Clearview simulator, but I didnít want to pay $40. Is the "demo" version a free download that can be used indefinitely, unlike some demo software which limits your access time, then you have to buy it?
The simulator is free, and comes with one plane, the Apprentice. Other planes/helis/landscapes are $3 each, or 5 for $10.
mybad is offline Find More Posts by mybad
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:53 PM
in the beginning...
United States, MO, De Soto
Joined Mar 2012
475 Posts
oh crap they brought back the SE version? it was gone for awhile...

@haskins, it must be some type of graphics problem then, did you try running it as an admin? not sure what else to try for ya....

but if you want some free ones to try, i'd recommend clearview, rcdeskpilot, BMI
http://rcdeskpilot.com/ members here have added a ton of other plane models that will work in both rcdeskpilot or BMI and your TX will work fine on them
boats
bm2thirsty is offline Find More Posts by bm2thirsty
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:19 PM
haskins02
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Thanks mybad and bm2thirsty. I will try some free ones for awhile until I get the hang of it. I was also able to get an old Windows XP machine and run E sky. It's much harder than flying a real plane (I've soloed in a Cessna 150 years ago) and I have hundreds of hours in computer flight simulators. Hardest thing seems to be seeing the orientation of the plane at a distance.

Greg

Greg
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:08 AM
PowerTower
Joined Aug 2009
1,077 Posts
Crikey Greg... '150 years ago' !! So how old are you ??? TiC
If you try Clearview and you are on Spektrum TX, you might need to select 'Heli' in order to get all the controls to work correctly
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
haskins02
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
Hey RWData, in case you were not pulling my leg, I flew a Cessna 150 and that was years ago. I'm 60 years old. I'll keep your tips in mind Thanks!

Greg
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:51 AM
PowerTower
Joined Aug 2009
1,077 Posts
Greg, nice to see you too have retained sense-of-humour
I'm pretty sure if you had a go with Clearview demo, you would see it's worth and consider buying it. Unless of course you are somewhere that is always good for flying outdoors !
It's flying or building for me, but when I don't have a project on the bench (and I have most of the time), I can fall back on the flight-sim and get my fix there