HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Discussion
Syma 2012 new publish, syma X1, S800G, S107C,S036G,what's better

Syma X1 ,You will hear a new name, Quadcopter?
What is Quadcopter?
Quadcopter is a multicopter that is lifted and propelled by four rotors. Unlike most helicopters, quadrotors generally use symmetrically pitched blades, using four motors to provide the lifing force, by controlling the speed of motor, quadcopter can fly forward and backward, upward and downward, left turn and right turn, left drift and right drift, if the rotors’ speed have a big difference, quadcopter can even preform a roll action at any direction.

Syma helicopter Syma 2012 new publish, syma X1, S800G, S107C,S036G,what's better, what do you think?
wjh041 is offline Find More Posts by wjh041
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,537 Posts
I want to get the Quadcopter and the S33. Especially now since Syma is brancing into 2.4ghz transmitters. The spectrum transmitters look kinda like the Flyzone RTF radios.
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:05 AM
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Jul 2009
92 Posts
Does anyone in here own one of the s107c's yet?
eviljack is offline Find More Posts by eviljack
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:39 PM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
I was at their website a couple of days ago. It' nice to see Syma expanding their line, especially with models that use 2.4 Gig radio systems, and the quadcopters. In fact, I am surprised there was no mention of the X-1 in the multi rotor forum unless it is now.

Introducing New Syma X1 2.4Ch RC Quad Copter | All-Battery (1 min 27 sec)

Paya Toys - Syma 2.4G Quadcopter X1 (1 min 15 sec)

Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
Last edited by edwong3; Sep 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:56 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,378 Posts
It's another copy of the Blade MQx. There are about 4 or 5 now, all the same. Quads have only one more motor than Symas 3 channels and all the motors are the same. Plus, no moving parts. The performance is much better and so is durability. It's pretty much a "no brainer" for any marketing organization. The development of cheap control boards is really driving this segment of the market. A MultiWii board with Barometer, magnetometer, accelerometers and multi-axis gyro is $50 and it's fully programmable. GPS is another $30. My $160 MWC X250 quad will do everything but make me a sandwich!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
The development of cheap control boards is really driving this segment of the market. A MultiWii board with Barometer, magnetometer, accelerometers and multi-axis gyro is $50 and it's fully programmable. GPS is another $30. My $160 MWC X250 quad will do everything but make me a sandwich!
Don't mean to derail the thread but this sound really interesting. I just got my first V929 a week ago and am starting to look into other things that you could do with a quad. I just found an active X250 thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1668441

and am starting to read into a bit. Can this thing do autonomous take-offs and landings or is the barometer not sensitive enough to accurately remember the pressure for ground?

Just to keep things back on track....

I've been eyeing the S107C just for the ability to shoot moving videos on an indoor platform. The V929 with a camera mounted to it is a little too fast for comfort. I don't feel confident enough in flying it through doorways.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:02 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,378 Posts
I don't think you have to worry about derailing the thread much. It's basically about quads. The barometer on the older board that comes with the base X250 is accurate to within a few feet. For autonomous take-off and landing I think you need the newer board with GPS. I think that's about $30 more, plus it requires an antenna. Some people are using a TT board and adding their own features.

I particularly like auto-leveling and carefree mode. The biggest problem with quads is having enough channels to turn features on and off when you want to. I accidently set the barometer on in the setup I loaded. The damn quad refused to take-off until I gave full throttle. Then it elevated to about 6 feet and stopped dead and I couldn't get it to move. I even pushed it and it snarled at me. I had to kill the throttle to get it to land (hard!).
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
syma is amazing
williamtrx is offline Find More Posts by williamtrx
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:12 AM
Joined Sep 2012
11 Posts
Syma is amazing!For the price you get some of the most enjoyable flying on the market.True it lacks GPS and other exotic gadgets but it flies for pure fun.It's almost indistructable.I've crashed and flipped it end for end in a four roll sequence.Clean the dirt off and your ready to go.Parts are readily available and repair is not beyond most handyman levels.I may never go back to a heli.The X1 will take moisture in many forms.Dry it and fly.One of mine survived three rains and two snowfalls beofre I got it out of the pine tree.
lew308 is offline Find More Posts by lew308
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
yep the syma x1 is one of my fave toy quads still

syma x1 hubsan x4 quadcopter modified to x41 park flying N3M1S1S (5 min 30 sec)
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)