HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:41 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Yippee!
She's Alive

Finally after a couple of months of research and building my Quad, it has finally taken to the skies i thought i'd test it out to see how it is flys and i'm very pleased with it, it seems very stable, i only had a small area to fly it in as you can see and i held off on mowing the Lawn (well weeds) for a bit of extra cushioning

Iv'e only had an AR.Drone so this is my first time flying the real thing, i'm still learning on the Phoenix sim and from now on i'll be off to the local Footy fields to practice on, i was a bit paranoid about hitting the fence and of course trying to control the Quad.

Anyway i was pretty impressed how it flew, it seemed very stable and didn't seem to have any major issues, i haven't changed anything on the KK2 or TX so if you can cast your expert eye's on this short video and see if there's anything you notice that may be of help please do. There was a slight breeze but mostly calm.

Turnigy Talon V2 - Very First Flight (0 min 50 sec)

Thanks all for your help over these few months of learning

Oh and here's my thread of the build - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1718162
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R
Last edited by CH33ZEBURG3R; Sep 16, 2012 at 04:51 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:49 AM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,508 Posts
Hey, well done! Very nice first flight. Looks really nice and stable, good stiff frame, no vibrations.

Ah, the joys of not using injection-moulded arms
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:21 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
Hey, well done! Very nice first flight. Looks really nice and stable, good stiff frame, no vibrations.

Ah, the joys of not using injection-moulded arms
Thanks I was even trimming the weeds at one point
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R