SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, PA, Johnstown
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Help!
Blade CX2 after hard landing

I had my CX2 running really good, then took a hard landing.

It shifted that collar above the frame bearing (below the swashplate). Therefore the gears dropped and didn't engage the lower gear for the inner shaft.

I moved the collar back down while pushing the shaft back up and tightened it. It runs great and smooth, but when I fly, it wants to go backwards and to the right.

The swashplate seems to be in a undesirable position. Seems to tilt backwards. This is a CNC swashplate so should hold together better than the stock. Been thru a few of those.

It just doesn't look that the swashplate is in the right position. Like it should go lower on that outer shaft. I just don't remember the position it should be exactly.

Any ideas?

Thx! Gary
gwlundgren is offline Find More Posts by gwlundgren
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:43 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Your swashplate is tilted backwards, and that's why it's flying with a backward drift.
You need to pull the link off the back of the swashplate that's connected to the servo arm (the one shown in the image) and turn it 2 or 3 times anticlockwise.
Then click it back onto the swashplate.
Keep doing this until your swashplate is level and not tilting backwards like shown.
It well then hover hands off as it should do.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:03 AM
United States, TX, Huntsville
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Your swashplate is tilted backwards, and that's why it's flying with a backward drift.
You need to pull the link off the back of the swashplate that's connected to the servo arm (the one shown in the image) and turn it 2 or 3 times anticlockwise.
Then click it back onto the swashplate.
Keep doing this until your swashplate is level and not tilting backwards like shown.
It well then hover hands off as it should do.
be sure to center the trims on the tx
sonnier00 is offline Find More Posts by sonnier00
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:07 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
The servo arms should be at 90 degrees once the heli is powered up and all trims on radio centered. Yours appear to be tilted down, and that is what is tilting the swash back.

You may have stripped the servo arms or servo splines in the hard landing. Power up and see if you can remove the servo arms and re position them back to 90 degrees beforere trying to do any fine tune adjustments on the linkages themselves
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
The servo arms should be at 90 degrees once the heli is powered up and all trims on radio centered. Yours appear to be tilted down, and that is what is tilting the swash back.

You may have stripped the servo arms or servo splines in the hard landing. Power up and see if you can remove the servo arms and re position them back to 90 degrees beforere trying to do any fine tune adjustments on the linkages themselves
thats right:
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:34 AM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Thanks all for the help! I will try re-positioning the servo arms.

~ Gary
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
I looked at that further and it just seemed to me that something else was wrong with the swashplate. So I took it apart and found that a sleeve that allowed for motion in the top of the CNC swashplate had come loose. I pressed it back in place and it works a lot better now. Also re-positioned the servo arms to make the swashplate more level. I still have to make a few fine adjustments. But, a CNC swashplate shouldn't do that, should it?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
202 Posts
no it should not