HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by WAGliderGuy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:40 PM
Airliner Builder
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2010
1,962 Posts
Discussion
Everts Air Cargo DC-6B (Pat Tritle short kit)

Hi, I maidened my 60'' DC-6B last June and got the decals on a few weeks later. I modeled her after Everts Air Cargo's N151 (Anchorage, Alaska). Everts is the only company in North America still flying DC-6s for revenue! I also have a long build thread here on RCG.

Great (windy) flight with decals
RC DC-6 Cargo Flying with Everts Air Cargo Decals (2 min 12 sec)

First crash: (now repaired)
Tritle DC-6B Crash Landing (Ditch) and Flying (1 min 39 sec)

I'm using E-flite 10-15 retracts, HS-55 servos, 5A UBEC with a 2S 860mah pack, 3S 2200mah 40C LiPo to power the four power-up 250 plus motors, HURC 10A ESCs (4) and a Spektrum DX8 .

Enjoy!

Ethan
WAGliderGuy is offline Find More Posts by WAGliderGuy
Last edited by WAGliderGuy; Nov 18, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Oct 2008
4,076 Posts
looks awesome flying! the pictures make it look so much bigger than it actually is
verticalspark is offline Find More Posts by verticalspark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Trinidad Scorpion
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:52 PM
Airliner Builder
Joined Feb 2010
1,962 Posts
Thanks! I agree the in-flight shots against the dark clouds and the exhuast stripes I added makes it look very real in my opinion. However, the picture with the plane flaring shows how small a 60'' wingspan model of a big propliner really is

Ethan
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:41 PM
History Eraser Button?
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Aug 2010
1,040 Posts
Beautiful job - both the building and flying!! I've built and flown the Tritle/Dumas Taylorcraft and Waco ARE. Both wonderful flying models. Next up for me is the Dehavilland Rapide

Congratulations again and love the graphics; great job
pomroyj is offline Find More Posts by pomroyj
Last edited by pomroyj; Sep 16, 2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:00 AM
Flick lives
beautiful, picturesque Southern New Jersey, USA
Joined Dec 2008
473 Posts
She looks majestic and you fly her the way a DC-6 should be flown. It's interesting to me, how a young guy came to be interested in this airplane, to want build and fly this model. Anyway I'm glad you did, the videos are great fun to watch.
BladeHead is offline Find More Posts by BladeHead
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:41 PM
Airliner Builder
Joined Feb 2010
1,962 Posts
Thanks guys it was a lot of fun to put together. I build because it gives me something more to do in the workshop that isn't just gluing wings together and mounting electronics. Also, who dosan't like having everyone at the field crowding you're unique planes!

BTW, nice profile picture BladeHead

Ethan
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,798 Posts
Great addition to your Blog Ethan!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,270 Posts
FANTASTIC effort and completion!! Nice flying too. I really enjoy the scale approach speeds that you get with your light weight build.

Congratulations
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:46 PM
Airliner Builder
Joined Feb 2010
1,962 Posts
Hi Eddie thanks for the compliment! I wasn't sure what to expect being 20 oz. heavier then Pat Tritle's 25 oz. prototype but it definitely paid off in the end.

I recently replaced the stupid poorly designed 'blue-wonder' style motors with new 300 sport sizes but I made an incredibly stupid decision of ordering the lower KV ones so I have less power and more weight then I started with...when I finish my 1/20 DC-9-15 jet I will fix that and some other problems to get it back in regular air condition

The most scale part of this plane is me spending three hours of repairs for every hour flying LOL!

Ethan
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:17 PM
Joined Feb 2006
48 Posts
Beautiful DC6B! I fell in love with the real one, you modeled yours after. I have the fortune of loading it with cargo on a weekly bases here in Anchorage. Im looking to build one at the same size as yours.

Just thought Id extend some kudos your way... that is a beautiful plane!

Matt
mattsimonton is offline Find More Posts by mattsimonton
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:31 PM
Airliner Builder
Joined Feb 2010
1,962 Posts
Hi Matt, thanks for the kind words! I wish I could be close to an Everts every day. Some day I want to build an enlarged version and add the cargo door, lights and functional gear doors. The Pat Tritle kit is great, just a TON of balsa

Ethan