SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Help!
Operator Needed for Short Film Aerial Shot

Hello! I'm new to this universe, but I'm currently producing an independent short film in Yosemite National Park in Northern California and we need your help!

We are looking for a helicopter operator that can help us achieve an aerial shot, something similar to the shot seen here
Powers of Ten™ (1977) (9 min 1 sec)
from 0:43 to 1:05. We would need to mount a video camera to your helicopter if you don't already have a camera attached and it would need to handle the weight.

We would need you on Tuesday, October, 23rd. We would pay for you to get to set (a lush and beautiful remote area perfect for flying!), but you'd be responsible for driving yourself there. If you think you might be interested, please email me at pc.online@hushmail.me and we can discuss all the details! Thanks!
pc.online is offline Find More Posts by pc.online
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:47 PM
MuscleCBT
SF
Joined Apr 2006
42 Posts
I wonder....

How would a person know if an aircraft could handle the weight of a videocamera if the weight of the specific camera is not given? Videocameras can weigh from less than one ounce to several hundred lbs.
MuscleCBT is offline Find More Posts by MuscleCBT
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
The weight of the camera will be no more than 4lbs. Are you interested in working with us? Do you know what weights an aircraft can typically handle?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
MuscleCBT
SF
Joined Apr 2006
42 Posts
Actually I regret that I cannot help you. It would be good, however, for any helicopter pilot to know at what altitude you will begin work at and how high from that you would like to go.
MuscleCBT is offline Find More Posts by MuscleCBT
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
For the flight, we will begin on a close up of the actor lying face down on the ground. We want this to be as close as we can get without negatively affecting the aircraft and the actor. We approximate this as 6-8 feet from the ground. We would then like to get as high as the aircraft can get without negatively affecting the image quality and the aircraft. The higher we can get is better for the intended effect, but we know there will be limitations.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
I believe it would be best to use a quad with gps lock and then you can easily climb from you designated spot
PM me if you would like further discussion

GuyPilot
GuyPilot is online now Find More Posts by GuyPilot