HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:37 PM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
@Russ: why don't you put all those years of experience at use and start testing/developing for this company, and make it a better product and bring C/L, U/C back again?
I'm pretty sure everybody would benefit from a company that doesn't market throw-away plastic toys, like Cox did in the eighties.
After all, it was Cox which held me for another 10 years to get into R/C airplanes because of seemingly impossible to achieve flight...

Apparently they are hiring, see post #31:
Quote:
Those interested can contact us directly and we will make sure you understand fully the play pattern of our products, enjoy them and even participate in focus groups. We will consider free samples of exisiting and future products.
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:41 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
I'd be happy to assist you with these planes.
Russ The Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Russ The Flyer
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:45 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
960 Posts
So they won't loop will they, Well you know we can change that here on Rc Groups. This is a really great product. But it could be better if they incorporate the above listed changes into the next line. We can modify these to fly the way we want them to, but the general public can't. That's too bad cause I want these to sell well so we can all have some fun. I've noticed that there aren't too many fixed winged flyers in the toy market this year or the last few years with micro helicopters taking over the market. Not good! Cause they are all clones of the same old stuff. This is different from anything out there, so that may actually help sales. Other than AirHogs strange looking planes these are it (Nice job on the planes BTW).I hope it goes well for Fly Line. Of course I'll do my part (When I get the best deal on them.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:10 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Hey Mutcake. I'm sitting here looking at that flying wing you have as an avatar. Now that would make a great flyline product. We'd just need some kind of take off cage for them to roll around on during take off. Of course, there is the good old hand launcher too.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:51 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
960 Posts
The possibilities are endless aren't they! I wanna see the micros they have comming out. I made something like this for my kids (and of course for me) when they were small. Made it from a toy car controller and the motor. Round the pole kinda thing. Boy we had lots of fun till my 5 year old daughter plugged the controller into the wall (directly) Poof what a lot of smoke. She was ok but scared. On the holidays when we ge together her brothers and I still tease her about it. She's 31 now. Somethings you never live down.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Last edited by MUTCAKE; Dec 02, 2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ The Flyer View Post
I'd be happy to assist you with these planes.
PM answered.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTCAKE View Post
I've noticed that there aren't too many fixed winged flyers in the toy market this year or the last few years with micro helicopters taking over the market. Not good! Cause they are all clones of the same old stuff. This is different from anything out there, so that may actually help sales. Other than AirHogs strange looking planes these are it (Nice job on the planes BTW).I hope it goes well for Fly Line.
Redacted your post for clarity -sorry- but you exactly express my feelings.
I loved to tinker with AirHogs/AeroAce/Silverlit planes, but lately they don't seem to offer anything good anymore, hence my yearly spendings on toy airplanes went down from 300-400€ to basically nothing...

That's why I was asking for empty airframes in a previous post.
Customers like us are only a tiny part of the target audience but we have the money to spend and tend to buy lots of toy airplanes, if they are any good.
At the same time FlyLineRC could gain a LOT of knowledge from us tinkering with their planes.

Think about it, marketing people of FlyLineRC, and have a look at those huge threads about toy airplanes here on RCGroups
Last edited by Commander Clumsy; Dec 03, 2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling nazi
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:30 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,069 Posts
Modder's Dream!!

Cool planes!!

Saw these for $58.99 at my Walmart here in central VA. I'd like to grab one and mod it for three or four channel. I've got some UM T-28 guts doing nothing.

Cheers!!

Aeronaught
(formerly reset3x)
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:33 PM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,989 Posts
Note the lack of dihedral
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee View Post
Note the lack of dihedral
The UM Su26xm has no dihedral, and it is my favorite plane.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:03 PM
Just shut up and build!
Sri Lanka
Joined Mar 2010
652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLineRC View Post
Russ,

Our company is based in Miami, FL and right now we have only the 4 normal models that you see in those sizes. Instead of going bigger, we will actually be going smaller with a micro line that is set to be released for next year.

The expansion pack is a toys r us exclusive item, but if you don't have a TRU near your house, you can always order it from their website.

If you are using the shortest line (3'-4') I would recommend no more than 2 planes on the pole at once, but to be honest, the max is probably about 4, but you will be running into each other quite a bit. The longer lines can comfortably support 3-5 planes, and we have a user video on our youtube channel of 3 planes flying simultaneously.

wattscookin, I would love to hear about your experience with the plane. keep me posted.
Hi Flyline RC

Nice product, but you can make it a huge phenomenon by doing the following modifications I have suggested. See my post, I would be happy to contribute ideas :

Quote:
Saw the .... nice, but the usual slingshot type flight is the order of the day, whizzing around why can't they make a long rail, attach the tower on a sliding trolley to that, add aileron control, slow the thing down, make it bigger all round (20 inch models ) and you have a world winner.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792319

Also look at 'tethered flight ' must be some patents out there, I have heard of it being done here on these RC groups - Take a normal RC aircraft, throw out the reciever, attach wires to provide power and analog control, and anchor the wires to a trolley on the ground - now the aircraft will pull the trolley or brick or whatever ( has to be light ) along the ground wherever it flies, in any path.

Advantages:

Unlimited flight time
Low cost
No RC glitches
No expensive batteries
Security clearance to fly in parks

PM me if you wish
knlever is offline Find More Posts by knlever
Last edited by knlever; Dec 20, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:11 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ The Flyer View Post
Hi again. I'm bringing you a quick report on the flight of my plane.

First off, I don't like the spring loaded throttle control. It's hard to use this type when I'm so used to a sticky friction control.

Second the motor doesn't have the power for outdoor flying. When it's a tad windy the plane tends to lose it in a wing over when into the wind. You'll see what I mean in the video.

Third the landing gear should be pre-bent forward so as not to tend to tip over on its nose.

Fourth the plane is really nose heavy. You guys who manufacture this thing ought to consider making sure they're balanced when they are sent to market.

Other than this I had a ball with it. I was at our AMAA Flying field. I had some of the guys from the club there. Needless to say they got a kick out of it. I told my flying buddy I have the expansion pack coming and we could practice putting on a combat show. Everyone there thought it was a great idea for our fun fly's. Anyway, here's a video of me flying the little rascal.

Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVe2I...1&feature=plcp

Ummmmmm ... Looks like you'll havta click on the url instead of the picture. Sorry.

Russ
Those planes are cheap--mine broke right away. I had the same issue, the plane would hit a rock or stick or something, tip over, and the prop would break off. I got a few fun and good flights out of it, but it was hard to it to land porperly. The model seemed a bit to heavy also, ended up returning it at Wal-Mart and got an Estes Rocket Launch Set.
Sebastian M is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian M
Last edited by Sebastian M; Feb 23, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 09:08 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Ok Flyline guys. Are you paying attention here? Some stuff better get fixed if you want to survive in this business. Yes it is fun to fly the planes but they don't perform like advertised. They are too heavy for their size. They don't loop like advertised ... at least ... mine don't and I have the expansion pak as well.

In order to make this work you need to beta test, beta test and beta test before releasing to the market.

Did you notice what I said about propellers? The motor needs to be spinning the other way for the planes to hold the line taut. I don't know why that is. I never had to worry about that issue with gas models but electrics seem to need clockwise rotation.

You've got a good idea here and I think it'll work if you iron out the bugs.

Russ
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:56 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
19.99 in ModelZone

I was in my local ModelZone in Saturday morning and I noticed they had peered the price to 19.99GBP, the guy said he sold two them the day they arrived, that was at 99.99GBP.

I've been calling in there as I'm expecting to get two spares or repairs V911 (Ev04 is their branded version) helicopters but they just ain't ready, I was given a 20 gift voucher for my 30th back in Feb so I may be walking out of there with one of these on Wednesday.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Apr 09, 2013, 09:01 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Ok so today I went and got the Spitfire with my gift voucher, got home too late to use it so I'm kinda excited about using it tomorrow, I may even see if it will carry my de-cased 808 keychain camera, I imagine that if it works the video will be very dizzying but could be fun.

I'll be doin a few "box mods" like turning the box I side out so people can not see I'm carrying a Rc plane to try and nick it off me, I'll use some sticky backed Velcro to replace the bits of tape that hold sheet of plastic over the wings to keep them in the tray and velcro tie wraps for the poles.

I hate transmitter charging, I'll admit it is handy in the field but I'll either mod the Tx with a little blue mini USB lithium charger board for charging at home of run the Tx off a 18650 cell with a eBay red 5V boost regulator board to get the voltage up to 5V I imagine the only reason the Tx needs 6V is to run the LiPo charger and it's regulated down to maybe 3.3V or 3.7V for the micro controller and 2.4Ghz which I may be able to bypass and run off a 18650 without a 5V boost.

Photos and maybe video coming tomorrow.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83