SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 14, 2001, 02:21 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
BF-110 Progress

Thought I would show you folks how its coming along. I had to put it aside while I finish up Mark's B-25, but its nearly complete. After the B-25 I will wrap it up and get it painted.

The setup as it stands now is:

2x6v400 motors in parallel
6.5x4 graupner grey semi-scale props
8x1300CP pack or 8x800AR pack
Aileron/elevator
Micro Robart Retracts operating off one servo in the wing center

I need to finish up the nacelles, carve and pull a canopy and then get to glassing.

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2001, 03:46 PM
Kent, Wa.
Joined Feb 2001
641 Posts
Where did you get the pl;ans for the BF-110?

I am hping to do a Mosquito next year. But I have been looking for the plans for this one also.

Robbie
Rotten Robbie is offline Find More Posts by Rotten Robbie
Old Nov 14, 2001, 07:19 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
The plan is from Gus Morfis. Its not difficult to build, but there are lots of places that require forethought. There is no place to put the battery on the plans, for example.

McClain Cores cuts foam cores for this thing too, so that speeds up building.

Greg
Old Nov 14, 2001, 07:34 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Greg, how are you rigging the retracts? I assume they fold aft into the nacelles. Are you using 90deg aileron style bellcranks at the retract units or are you using snakes? What is the wing loading expected to be on this ship? How big is it? Is that green foam in the nacelles? Great subject BTW!
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Nov 14, 2001, 11:36 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
I have snakes running in the wing core itself. They meet at a place near the leading edge of the wing where i have a space dug into the foam to recess a dymond 200 servo. I am going to use a wheel to connect the control rods to the servo which should provide adequate travel to pull the gear into the nacelles.

The gear is mounted in the nacelles so the wheels are at the leading edge of the wing for rog purposes. The wheels will rake backwards when retracted and be fully enclosed by the nacelles. No doors on this one, I dont want to get to overly ambitious on the first go with retracts.

Dont know what the wing loading will be but I am guessing it will fly similar to the MPX Twinstar. The root thickness of the wing is substantial. Its essentially a glider wing.

The foam is gardening foam I bought at the local craft store. Cheap, dense, light, and it takes regular CA! I am glassing the individual foam parts for strength, then they will be glassed again when I do the rest of the airframe.

Greg
Old Nov 15, 2001, 10:48 AM
ARFs make me BARF
United States, MI, Roseville
Joined Dec 2000
9,026 Posts
cool....retracts huh? 25 would look nice with them wouldn't it?
mrittinger is offline Find More Posts by mrittinger
Old Nov 15, 2001, 01:50 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
I didnt want to push the envelope and change too much on your 25 proto Mark I really wanted to build in retracts into the 25, but thought it best to fly it as designed first to see how it works. They can always be retro fitted, or installed in another future build.

Greg