SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by prodriverex, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:34 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
Hi,
That's my own...

Can I get this from HK?
prodriverex is offline Find More Posts by prodriverex
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gimball Drone
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:41 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodriverex View Post
Can I get this from HK?
no. haha. he says "its my own". if you wait long enough they might copy it

here are a few MWC from HK: https://www.google.com/search?q=hobb...hrome&ie=UTF-8
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:49 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
I sell them.. but can't compete HK..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:00 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
ha.. i see.
So many electronics to test out.. yet so little time on my own..

Is this any good? I plan to have one hovering just above ground control to do air link on data(video) and flight control for better connection and longer range. So this could be a cheap source for auto levelling.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Leveling_.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
ha.. i see.
So many electronics to test out.. yet so little time on my own..

Is this any good? I plan to have one hovering just above ground control to do air link on data(video) and flight control for better connection and longer range. So this could be a cheap source for auto levelling.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Leveling_.html
I know nothing about it.
But Multiwii have AutoLevel ..

You can go Naza also.. for about 220$ it's a very nice one.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:16 PM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialfonzo View Post
I know nothing about it.
But Multiwii have AutoLevel ..

You can go Naza also.. for about 220$ it's a very nice one.
Where best to buy from online? Altitude hold is necessary. The FY-901 don't have this feature.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:56 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Did you made test with the clamps ?
Where did you get the tubes .. i might be interested..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:07 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Hi Eric, not yet. And I think not that soon as there is a change of plan from a friend, need a pro OTS AP system now and I am involved.

Anyway, I got the tubes from carbonfibretube.co.UK. not sure if it was on the list or I ask him to custom fab. It should be the latter since I have to take a dozen of them of 1.2m each.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:09 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Hi Eric, not yet. And I think not that soon as there is a change of plan from a friend, need a pro OTS AP system now and I am involved.

Anyway, I got the tubes from carbonfibretube.co.UK. not sure if it was on the list or I ask him to custom fab. It should be the latter since I have to take a dozen of them of 1.2m each.
Ok..
I am looking to build a 2 axis camera gimbal for DSLR size cam...
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:14 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Great! But I already have a Triax PTR gimbal for the AP purpose. Won't mind trying a new one for the hex if I get/built one..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:23 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Great! But I already have a Triax PTR gimbal for the AP purpose. Won't mind trying a new one for the hex if I get/built one..
I am not doing it for you :-P
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:53 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
ah... one day you will.. hehe..
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:57 AM
The Engineer
Singapore
Joined Dec 2009
621 Posts
Hi guys, its been some time since the last update..
I brought my baby to the field last Saturday at a gathering with my Singaporean friends and did some dialling.. Was advised to bring up the exponetial to 30. All the while it was a ground test.. But after the last 3 sessions on the ground, the vibration finally throw up the weakness of the pultruded CF square tube.. The motor mount portion had long cracks.. Which affected the motor which twitched! Imagine the whole arm is skewed as the throttle goes up.. So now, its time to change the boom to something more practical..

But i have got some important project up next and that will take priority for now.

Just went into JV with a friend whose doing TV & Commercial filming and they require frequent AP.. So we decided to just get an OTS AP platform and kick start before venturing into bigger craft. For the time being, we narrowed down to DJI S800 or Driodworx's Skyjib 6 Lite..

if we take the DJI, it is RTF but we didn't like the price of the Zenmuse gimbal! So we are quite leaning toward Skyjib 6 with AV200 with 360 pan skid. Downside is, we have to select our own motors and ESCs. I am also leaning towards Turnigy F40A with SK firmware and Tiger MT3515. But some say go with Axi 2814.

Any idea? The load will include 1.3kg of batteries, upto 3kg of camera in future, and Opale rescue chute.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:11 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys, its been some time since the last update..
I brought my baby to the field last Saturday at a gathering with my Singaporean friends and did some dialling.. Was advised to bring up the exponetial to 30. All the while it was a ground test.. But after the last 3 sessions on the ground, the vibration finally throw up the weakness of the pultruded CF square tube.. The motor mount portion had long cracks.. Which affected the motor which twitched! Imagine the whole arm is skewed as the throttle goes up.. So now, its time to change the boom to something more practical..

But i have got some important project up next and that will take priority for now.

Just went into JV with a friend whose doing TV & Commercial filming and they require frequent AP.. So we decided to just get an OTS AP platform and kick start before venturing into bigger craft. For the time being, we narrowed down to DJI S800 or Driodworx's Skyjib 6 Lite..

if we take the DJI, it is RTF but we didn't like the price of the Zenmuse gimbal! So we are quite leaning toward Skyjib 6 with AV200 with 360 pan skid. Downside is, we have to select our own motors and ESCs. I am also leaning towards Turnigy F40A with SK firmware and Tiger MT3515. But some say go with Axi 2814.

Any idea? The load will include 1.3kg of batteries, upto 3kg of camera in future, and Opale rescue chute.
I have very good experience with t-Motors.
2216 and 2214 if i remember right.

I am making a gimbal too... Lol
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1763309

But it's in early phase.
RCG Plus Member