HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
Discussion
SingPost eXpress RUSH

They say that if you use SingPost eXpress RUSH and the item is in stock and you pay before 1PM their time they will ship on the same day before 7PM.

Well, they LIE!

I ordered 3 items and paid by 11:45am their time and used their SingPost eXpress RUSH and got scammed. Went to bed and woke up, looked at the status and no changes.. nothing shipped. Contacted their on-line customer service and they confirmed it wasn't shipped and he would put a note for the warehouse to ship ASAP.

No credits, nothing... you pay more for a service that is not delivered.
frviana is offline Find More Posts by frviana
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:13 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
I've never even heard of this option for.hk... newegg does the same thing. They say express for however much more then it takes just as long as normal. Don't pay for express items half a world away and expect to have them the next day. There's also a time zone difference...
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
Timezone from Honk Kong to Westcoast is actually good... you order at night and is their daytime... if they really ship same day it would be in the plane at night for an overnight flight... Honk Kong has daily direct flights to Vancouver for postal service (I'm in Vancouver).

I received things from Hong Kong in 3 days before but not from Hobby King.

I just wonder if it was a mistake to pick the Singpost Express Rush service as it will most likely go to Singapure for sorting first and will delay. I'm almost requesting them to change to EMS Express as they haven't shipped yet.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,102 Posts
I still cant find express with rush processing anywhere.. How do you select this option??
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:45 AM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
They say that if you use SingPost eXpress RUSH and the item is in stock and you pay before 1PM their time they will ship on the same day before 7PM.

Where did you see that on the HK website?
The only option I get for SingPost is this one.
Quote:
SingPost AirParcel 2kg / 7-21Days
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Regardless, 1 hour & 15 minutes to process your payment, confirm the payment, print the picking ticket, pick the items, check the picking is correct, pack the order & finally lodge the consignment for collection - simply isn't gonna happen in such a short time. Especially if your order is only 1 of say 100 needing to be picked as a priority.

I know of large automated warehouses that couldn't manage to process, pick, pack & dispatch in that time.

You need to be a little more realistic in your expectations.
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexmad View Post
Regardless, 1 hour & 15 minutes to process your payment, confirm the payment, print the picking ticket, pick the items, check the picking is correct, pack the order & finally lodge the consignment for collection - simply isn't gonna happen in such a short time. Especially if your order is only 1 of say 100 needing to be picked as a priority.

I know of large automated warehouses that couldn't manage to process, pick, pack & dispatch in that time.

You need to be a little more realistic in your expectations.
Is not about been realistic, its about them keeping up with what they offer.
If they offer to ship on the same day if you pay a RUSH service and pay before 1PM and you pay before that then they should either delivery the service or refund/credit you the difference of the RUSH.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Where did you see that on the HK website?
The only option I get for SingPost is this one.
I'm in Canada ... I see that they do not offer this to USA but it shows if you change your destination to CANADA.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:24 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,705 Posts
All the years i've been shopping with HK i've never seen or heard anyone saying they will ship the same day or order before 1pm and they will send it by 7pm,i've got a few Canadian mates and i've never heard them say that they have this option.

I'm in the UK and we have a UK warehouse and i don't even think they have that sort of offer available,i've ordered a few times off them too and i would of known if it was there,so if the UK warehouse don't say/do it then what chance does the HK international warehouse have o doing this world wide,or just to Canada even.

I tend to think it might be wishful thinking and i can't help but think you have got
this wrong about shipping the same day mate,but if your so sure copy and paste it where you see it post it here so we can all see it and then we will have to eat humble pie if your right.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:41 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frviana View Post
I'm in Canada ... I see that they do not offer this to USA but it shows if you change your destination to CANADA.
Changing my location to Canada didn't bring it up but my shipping address was still in the US so anyhow, no big deal, I just never saw that before.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
Here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by startazz View Post
All the years i've been shopping with HK i've never seen or heard anyone saying they will ship the same day or order before 1pm and they will send it by 7pm,i've got a few Canadian mates and i've never heard them say that they have this option.

I'm in the UK and we have a UK warehouse and i don't even think they have that sort of offer available,i've ordered a few times off them too and i would of known if it was there,so if the UK warehouse don't say/do it then what chance does the HK international warehouse have o doing this world wide,or just to Canada even.

I tend to think it might be wishful thinking and i can't help but think you have got
this wrong about shipping the same day mate,but if your so sure copy and paste it where you see it post it here so we can all see it and then we will have to eat humble pie if your right.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:27 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
Chinese holidays are something else to keep in mind.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:19 AM
Heli nut
Australia, WA, Wembley Downs
Joined May 2005
434 Posts
Well I'll be! I wonder if it's something they are trialing?
Trexmad is offline Find More Posts by Trexmad
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Aug 2012
81 Posts
I'm glad to inform they shipped today. 1 day after the promised but they shipped first thing their Saturday morning.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:52 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,705 Posts
Guess it must be then lol but i've still never seen nothing like that before,well at least you have that option now.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz