HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:39 AM
v922, mini, genius,mcp, v450D0
United States, MN, Le Sueur
Joined Nov 2012
1,187 Posts
My 922 frame broke, one of the 2 braces on the main frame that go from the tailboom to each side of the main shaft. I glued in a piece of cf and i fell out after a couple flights. I can't believe the fix I used worked but, here is what I did. Using some very fine stainless wire(28 ga I think)I wound it around the canopy post, looped it around the tail support area, then to the other side canopy support and back to the tail supprt. Got it all super tight like safety wire and I have to say it is tight together, tail is square and level and the frame has no more play. It looks hokey as can be but without much effort it took care of things.
I have a new framw on the way but am nervous about taking everything of the original mounting it on the new frame and haing it work right when I'm done. Having never done this before I have to ask, is it as simple as just taking it all apart and putting it back together again?
jack herr is offline Find More Posts by jack herr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:39 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
1,009 Posts
Jack, I think it should be pretty straightforward, just make sure the swashplate is level. Try to keep the pushrods as they were when you removed them then check the level of the swashplate after.

I just snapped a canopy mounting post so need a new frame too, im going to scrape by for now because of the chinese holiday season. Where did you order from? Is there anyone still shipping?
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:58 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1,187 Posts
Lol, I have to say I honestly don't remember where. I have about a half dozen orders on the way from Wow hobby, BG, oomodel, etc I think it was from Wow.
Yah I plan to measure each pushrod and connector b/4 removal.and check swash level as well. Prolly take some pics too. I have to rebuild a mini cp too so starting with the 922 will be good practice
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:00 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1,187 Posts
I have a question to throw out there. What is the best way to install those @#&%ing rubber canopy grommets everybody uses? The 922 ones aren't too hard but on the walkeras Sheesh Icn't even get it started
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:30 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Here's the Xtreme MCPX skids on it. They fit nicely. Not sure how it flys with them. Every since I biffed it and broke the frame, the servos are acting goofy and it won't lift off. I might have stuff hooked up wrong, who knows, but I am not a big fan of this bird, especially after flying my Super CP. This thing might be up for sale soon.
Thanks for sharing! Are the landing gear mounting pins 1.5mm wide? Also how much do the skids with boom support weigh?
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:31 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjohn View Post
Thanks for sharing! Are the landing gear mounting pins 1.5mm wide? Also how much do the skids with boom support weigh?
Not sure on weight or width. I will pull them off tonight and compare them with some factory skids if I get a chance.
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:16 PM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Not sure on weight or width. I will pull them off tonight and compare them with some factory skids if I get a chance.
did you get a chance to compare before selling your 922? curious how it flew after the mod
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
I bought it from bangood.com and tried to bind it with the Hobbyking NO LCD remote with success. but when I try to go back to banggood remote the servo barely move, with no resolution at all, like the binding wasn't successful.

Why can't I bind the LCD remote ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:49 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
7,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
I bought it from bangood.com and tried to bind it with the Hobbyking NO LCD remote with success. but when I try to go back to banggood remote the servo barely move, with no resolution at all, like the binding wasn't successful.

Why can't I bind the LCD remote ?
You must be one of the few guys able to get the V922 as helicopter only (66$ if I recall right) ... I want to order on the same day it was announced as new arrival ... and it was already sold out ... and I can't even order it as back order

Bad me ... I did order the Q-bot with module from HK (in back order also this one) ... hoping to get the helicopter only from banggood ...

Guess I will wait a bit ... in case 30$ more and I will get the RTF package, this is on stock
e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Mar 14, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Mar 2013
1 Posts
can someone please tell me why the tail rotor keeps spinning on my v922, as soon as i plug the battery in it starts, and ive tried disconnecting it and plugging it back in and even unplugging the actual wire from the board and re connecting it
fidz32811 is offline Find More Posts by fidz32811
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:26 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fidz32811 View Post
can someone please tell me why the tail rotor keeps spinning on my v922, as soon as i plug the battery in it starts, and ive tried disconnecting it and plugging it back in and even unplugging the actual wire from the board and re connecting it
Most likely a blown tail fet. Did you notice any smoke coming from the 3in1? Usually it is caused by shorted out tail motor wires.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Mar 19, 2013, 05:35 PM
New Zealand
Joined Jan 2013
876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Most likely a blown tail fet. Did you notice any smoke coming from the 3in1? Usually it is caused by shorted out tail motor wires.

+1 Sorry mate but it happended to me as well. easiest to buy new main board $17 at bang good. Or BNF $60 and have spares. You will need to replace your tail motor wires as well as that is the most likely place for a short. I used cat 5 cable wires.
EchoRaven is online now Find More Posts by EchoRaven
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:48 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
Luckily the main boards are affordable on the v922.

Lots of Blade mCPX and Nano CPX owners have blown a FET or two. And because the replacement boards for those helis cost $70, the most economical fix is to simply replace the FET for ~ $0.50 on those helis.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Mar 20, 2013, 02:22 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,176 Posts
I wanted to replace the FET on my V922 RX but I can't find it selling online, even in China's eBay! Thankfully, the board is cheap. In fact, most of the V922 parts are cheap. That makes it a great helicopter for learning 3D!
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:20 AM
Joined Nov 2007
3 Posts
Has anyone looked at converting this to a brushless ?
Or is it too compact around the motor
Uael is offline Find More Posts by Uael