HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 01:54 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindCatcher View Post
any news on this one? Has anyone made it work with turnigy 9x or 9xr radio?
Chek it out http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=398394
ercapoccia is offline Find More Posts by ercapoccia
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 04:29 PM
Helli
Poland, Dolnoslaskie, Wroclaw
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post

Thanks. I have seen it before with no luck but now he has made some progress.

I hope he and other people will confirm soon the best setup for it.

HT8 doesnt look like proper turnigy 9x module and probably needs tape and external battery power to work. Lets wait for some more details.
WindCatcher is offline Find More Posts by WindCatcher
Old Jan 06, 2013, 05:00 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
436 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I have seen it before with no luck but now he has made some progress.

I hope he and other people will confirm soon the best setup for it.

HT8 doesnt look like proper turnigy 9x module and probably needs tape and external battery power to work. Lets wait for some more details.
Yes it won't fit into the slot, you need also an external battery for the module itself. I don't have but i guess that some velcro would solve easily this issue.
ercapoccia is offline Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:09 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I'd do MiracleMart. They do free shipping over $100 and ships out of HK. I get my orders in 7days.

Plus,you'll get the retail box too.
Thanks Daryoon. Arrived in New Zealand in around 6 working days after ordering with the free shipping. As you say includes the retail boxing, so despite having been happy with Banggood, this is excellent service and pricing from Miracle Mart! Highly recommend them to anyone considering the purchase.

Also bought a V939 so flew (well, mostly struggled to hover initially!) 2 batteries on that before taking the plunge on the V922. Excellent fun and the CP learning curve has started following the V911 experience!

Thanks all you guys for your helpful posts as I wanted to make sure the product was good before taking the plunge
Flyingboats is offline Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:00 PM
Spain
Joined Aug 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Yes it won't fit into the slot, you need also an external battery for the module itself. I don't have but i guess that some velcro would solve easily this issue.
Velcro it's what I use.

The "new HT-8" is reported to have an internal battery, so maybe it could be interesting for those who don't have yet a HT-8 module wait to the release of the "new HT-8".

Pedro
pedrojlucas is offline Find More Posts by pedrojlucas
Old Jan 08, 2013, 04:27 PM
Helli
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojlucas View Post
Velcro it's what I use.

The "new HT-8" is reported to have an internal battery, so maybe it could be interesting for those who don't have yet a HT-8 module wait to the release of the "new HT-8".

Pedro
where have you seen the news? when is it coming out?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:39 PM
Spain
Joined Aug 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
where have you seen the news? when is it coming out?
Hi,

Jameschen has reported previously about this release in his post about V922.

I don't know when it will become available, maybe James can point out.

Pedro
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:28 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
There is a new version of HiSKY HT8 adapter. This one comes with built-in battery, which should improve its compatibility with certain transmitters that do not provide power to HT8.

Details (in Chinese): http://www.chiyuan.net/cn-news154.html and http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/forum.php?mo...ead&tid=711586
Posted earlier, some info on the "new" version of HT8 with built-in battery, which improves compatibility with more transmitters.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:04 AM
Spain
Joined Aug 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Posted earlier, some info on the "new" version of HT8 with built-in battery, which improves compatibility with more transmitters.
Thank you FyreSG. I missed your post.

Pedro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:00 AM
Helli
Joined Jan 2013
72 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrojlucas View Post
Thank you FyreSG. I missed your post.

Pedro

Thanks !!!! I have dropped them and email to find out more. Will post more once/if they get back to me.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:43 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,345 Posts
Quote:
Thanks !!!! I have dropped them and email to find out more. Will post more once/if they get back to me.
I hope you had typed your mail in Chinese. That would certainly increase the likelihood of a reply and reduce the chance of miscommunication.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:48 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,745 Posts
So will it work with a 9x with stock firmware?
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:24 AM
Spain
Joined Aug 2010
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
So will it work with a 9x with stock firmware?
Please take a look at these posts:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=112

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=133

Hope this helps.

Pedro
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:14 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,868 Posts
I've been casually following the V922 and FBL100 threads with some interest. I'm flying a Blade Nano right now but I do like diversifying my helis of a given class (in this case, a CP) since I enjoy generalizing my skills between the different machines. That and I love collecting these birds.

So...the question that I'm having is whether to get a V922 or a FBL100. I guess the V922 is cheaper with free shipping from Banggood and they carry the HT8 adapter. I just hope that the V922 doesn't "evolve" like the V911 did where the parts for the older helis don't stay compatible with the newer ones. I've got two older V911s that have shorter mainshafts than the two newer ones. The blades of my older ones also don't fit the newer ones... I hope that since the V922 is a rebrand of the FBL100 (it is, right?) then that shouldn't be the case...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:22 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
I've been casually following the V922 and FBL100 threads with some interest. I'm flying a Blade Nano right now but I do like diversifying my helis of a given class (in this case, a CP) since I enjoy generalizing my skills between the different machines. That and I love collecting these birds.

So...the question that I'm having is whether to get a V922 or a FBL100. I guess the V922 is cheaper with free shipping from Banggood and they carry the HT8 adapter. I just hope that the V922 doesn't "evolve" like the V911 did where the parts for the older helis don't stay compatible with the newer ones. I've got two older V911s that have shorter mainshafts than the two newer ones. The blades of my older ones also don't fit the newer ones... I hope that since the V922 is a rebrand of the FBL100 (it is, right?) then that shouldn't be the case...
I would just use the stock transmitter. You don't need a programmable transmitter unless it is your first CP. You don't have to worry about parts compatibility. Many mCPX parts can be used. Although the head and swashplate are different, you can use a complete mCPX and swashplate assembly if you want. Moreover, you can also use a lot of aftermarket mCPX parts. It is mainly the servos that cannot be interchanged.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw