HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:10 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,279 Posts
When the clone does go on sale, I hope other vendors besides BG carries it, I'm not sure if I want to deal with BG again; I'm having one he!! of a nightmare trying to resolve an issue w/ their customer service.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:18 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Have you tried contacting Aaron?
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,327 Posts
The price of the V911 never dropped that much in China / Hong Kong from the time it was introduced. It is overseas prices that dropped dramatically. The chances are it will be sold for more than $80 initially but will gradually come down to bear $80.

I think you will be taking a risk if you buy the Solo Pro 100D. It has been superseded by the 125A and may even have been discontinued. I am not sure whether NE will continue to let HobbyKing sells its products after its brand image has been damaged by dumping and giveaways. HobbyKing has the dubious distinction of being the only vendor reported to have been dumped by Walkera for aggressive price cutting.

The is a the Helimax Ace 100 CP which is a rebrand of the Solo Pro 125A. Besides coming with the J6 transmitter, there is also an "AnyLink" version which allows the use of most brands of transmitters.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
Let's play spot the difference.

The color is different! Really though, they must be so similar that WL Toys didnt bother taking their own picture.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Killer Bee? You looking at the same picture we are? Go back one page.

Here's my thoughts based on the photo. Here's a resized up version:

I see that the skids are swept forward. More like the v911 versus the HiSky FBL100 and Turnigy FBL100, which both has the Blade mCP X skids.

The swashplate guide have been moved from the left side to the front center. Like on a Blade 120SR.

The tail rotor looks like the same as the Walkera or the one that comes on with the Turnigy FBL100...however, in the top down picture, it looks like it has a lot of pitch. Could just be an angle/perspective thing.

We know they will be using Blade's linear servos instead of the standard servos used in the v911 and used by Walkera/Nine eagles in their micro CP. I don't know if WL Toys has experience with linear servos. On the Blade mCPX side, they can be problematic. Requiring maintenance because the servo track gets dirty and makes the servo glitchy.

The head does look a lot higher than the other micro CP. I know on the Blade mCPX, some people shorten the main shaft for tighter flips and rolls? I wonder if making it higher means it's easier to hover?

Lastly, the main gear is huge when compared to the mCPX. The mCPX uses the same main gear as it's FP heli, the mSR and mSR X. This WL Toys version looks to be following Walkera's lead. Or it could be that the WL Toys version is smaller in size than we think. There was a rumor of a smaller size after all. That would possibly account for the larger looking main gear.
ultimateMicro is offline Find More Posts by ultimateMicro
Last edited by ultimateMicro; Sep 17, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Have you tried contacting Aaron?
I had refrained from bugging him since I had faith in BG's customer service. I'm beginning to reconsider. I will consult Aaron if cservice@banggood cannot resolve the issue satisfactorily. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
$80 RTF isn't too bad. And price will come down like the v911. It's a good start and way to recoup their tooling cost.

This is a Blade mCPX design. Many people are flying it so many of it's faults are known.

My interest is in the replacement cost moreso than the initial cost of the heli itself. It will allow for easier learning when the cost to repair damage is cheaper than the Blade mCPX.

I was really interested in the Solo Pro 100D. And the price that they were able to hit is nice versus the mCPX. However, the idea of adding another TX didn't appeal to me. And Nine Eagles didn't seem to support it. It was almost like an intermediate step until they got their Solo Pro 125 out. Which took so long, my interest waned a bit.

Erdnuckle2 has both the Solo Pro 100d and the mCPX on this blog. I think he gave his opinion of each from the perspective of a newbie CP pilot.

It's tempting to pick up a used mCPX I regularly see go for $100. But again, it comes down to the cost of parts. I hope WL Toys not only delivers a solid micro CP for less than $80, but also keep the parts reasonably priced close to it's v911 sibling. And FlySky protocol compatibility is a must in order to be on parity with Horizon Hobbies' Blade lineup.
If one is not interested in doing flips or other 3D tricks, is there an advantage in getting and learning to fly a CP?
Does the mCPX have a good reputation as far as durbility?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
If one is not interested in doing flips or other 3D tricks, is there an advantage in getting and learning to fly a CP?
A CP handles wind much better, especially if you fly in Idle up mode.

The mCPX has a great reputation for durability but there are also a number of known problems. I would look at the cheaper and newer Nano CPX instead.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,688 Posts
It's not as durable as the v911. The v911 is just on another level when it comes to durability.

However, a stock mCPX is pretty decently durable relatively speaking.

If you are not going to be doing 3D tricks, it still flies great. You'll have more command of the heli in regular fast flying. The bullet on the blade is made for that purpose. You switch out to the non bullet blades for 3D stunt flying.

Without the flybar and it's higher headspeed, it cuts through the wind with authority. Just make sure to be fast on killing the throttle upon crashes. The higher headspeed will no doubt make it quicker to damage something.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateMicro View Post
Killer Bee? You looking at the same picture we are? Go back one page.
I was referring to the Turnigy heli and the picture of the grey canopy heli. They aren't identical but VERY closely matched, almost as if it the Turnigy picture was modified with some photo editing software.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,688 Posts
The tail rotor or the HiSky version and Turnigy version are different.

So is the blades being use. Bullet versus non bullet.

Battery inserted versus no battery.

As well as the type of lighting and the catch light and shadow due to the camera's softbox looks different as well.

HobbyKing's picture is much better. They got a bunch from other angles too on their website. Much easier to take a photo than photoshop IMHO.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:08 PM
Joined Aug 2012
382 Posts
Wow this is starting to look awesome one question will this handle breezes well i don't mind wind surfing the v911 but it does get old.
firstadam2k is offline Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:11 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I'm curious about this as well, I want to progress & improve my skills and maybe learn a few simple tricks. This looks like the perfect inexpensive way to do it, just like the v911 was for me going into FP from coaxial... I think Daryoon or someone mentioned locking the pitch channel & flying it like a fp. I'm also curious about that and what are the reasons for doing that. It sounds like there could be some potential for fun. Does it make it a high performance FP similar to what the MSRX is? a kind of CP /FP hybrid? Thanks in advance for answering my questions, You guys are great
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
I'm curious about this as well, I want to progress & improve my skills and maybe learn a few simple tricks. This looks like the perfect inexpensive way to do it, just like the v911 was for me going into FP from coaxial... I think Daryoon or someone mentioned locking the pitch channel & flying it like a fp. I'm also curious about that and what are the reasons for doing that. It sounds like there could be some potential for fun. Does it make it a high performance FP similar to what the MSRX is? a kind of CP /FP hybrid? Thanks in advance for answering my questions, You guys are great
I wondered how a guy does that too because I thought the throttle curve on a CP heli is flat. I imagine if it doesn't come with a programmable radio, we won't be able to manipulate throttle curves and pitch curves...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:31 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,293 Posts
Throttle curves on a cp tend to be programmable , the ability to lock the pitch can in essence give you longer flight times and sharper reaction compared to a standard FP, ive done in on a few models and whilst you dont have the manouverability that a cp offers its still way above what a fp can offer.

There are other reasons such as being able to increase the headspeed but keep a certain pitch to give you a very smooth stable hover.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Last edited by scousethief; Sep 17, 2012 at 02:41 PM.