SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
... i cant imagine there would be no possibility to do real 3d with the wl-toys-tx... the heli does it very well anyway...

concerning the mcpx-parts: i tried and failed to replace the fbl100-parts with mcpx-

tailboom
tailmotor-wire (male plug!!)
spindle
canopy
tail fin
swash

i tried and succed with

blades
maingear
landing gear
tailrotorblades

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:10 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
521 Posts
Ok what started this lis I burned out a servo on the fbl100. HK was out of parts so I called HH and ordered what I thought were the same parts.
I got a complete servo board with the linear servos on it. Plus I bought a couple of the bare servos. I took the fbl100 apart and pulled the linear servo of the board. I then discovered the servo from HH has a different screw pattern so it will not install. Next I compared the complete servo assembly circuit board. They have completely different chips on the board and I did not even try to fit the HH board to the fbl100. HK got parts in so I am in the wait loop for the parts, I suspect that there are more subtle differences over an above the tail assembly.
Right now that is a back burner project. When the HK parts get here I will look at it again.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,644 Posts
Is it true that the FBL100 servo wears out. Not that the mCPX are all that durable either. Gotta always clean that one as well. But the conductive paint is more durable on the mCPX? Thought I saw something about that on the FBL100 thread.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:59 PM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
9x with custom firmware can't be beat. I have been flying my Genius CP (Devo) with it almost all day today.

If I had this HiSKY module and the DSM Orange module, combined with my FrSky, FlySky, and Devo module, I can fly almost anything that's out there with one awesome TX.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
9x with custom firmware can't be beat. I have been flying my Genius CP (Devo) with it almost all day today.

If I had this HiSKY module and the DSM Orange module, combined with my FrSky, FlySky, and Devo module, I can fly almost anything that's out there with one awesome TX.
Are you saying there is a Devo module I can use with Walkera for my 9x with Er9x?
I have the Orange DSM on the way
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:28 PM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
Are you saying there is a Devo module I can use with Walkera for my 9x with Er9x?
I have the Orange DSM on the way
Well it's a new thing I just got working using the MTC-01. It's not really a "proper" module yet as I have only had it running a couple days. There is still much to do and test but it is working so far.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:29 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Well it's a new thing I just got working using the MTC-01. It's not really a "proper" module yet as I have only had it running a couple days. There is still much to do and test but it is working so far.
OHHHH this sounds good. Did you start a post on this process?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Well it's a new thing I just got working using the MTC-01. It's not really a "proper" module yet as I have only had it running a couple days. There is still much to do and test but it is working so far.
I was looking at that the other day and wondering if it wound work the 9x. I have a Devo 7 but was thinking about geting a 9x and the DSM module. Would be nice to just use one for everything.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Last edited by Budasac; Nov 30, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I was looking at that the other day and wondering if it wound work the 9x. I have a Devo 7 but was thinking about geting a 9x and the DSM module. Would be nice to just use one for everything.
9imod.com-walkera RC Magic Cube MTC-01 (2 min 6 sec)


Specification:
Output power: <10 mW
Overall unit current: < 35 mA
Apply Battery: 3.7V 80mAh

only 10mW? Means no full range... but sufficient for all micros...
but only 20 $.... Hmm....

I'd like to hear more after some testing, LittleMo!

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:41 AM
Registered User
LittleMo's Avatar
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makdaddy View Post
OHHHH this sounds good. Did you start a post on this process?
I haven't made a post yet but I'm working on it. It's pretty easy to get going but there are a few little issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
only 10mW? Means no full range... but sufficient for all micros...
but only 20 $.... Hmm....

I'd like to hear more after some testing, LittleMo!
Yes but it's using similar components to the big radios, it just doesn't have the 100mW RF amplifier section which I'm planning to add depending on how hard it is to find and cost. Or maybe just some other cheap RF amplifier I can build myself. This and a new proper antenna should make range as good as a normal TX. Personally I use FrSky for long range, this Devo TX module is just for Walkera micro heli's so I probably don't even need the 100 mW.

I would also like to put all this inside one of the 9x type TX modules that fit into the back of the radio. Again, if I can find a cheap empty case, broken FlySky module, or something.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:38 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
After searching the Chinese eBay equivalent every few days, I finally found the product (there's nothing interesting at that page though).

It is selling (pre-order) at RMB 585 (excluding domestic shipping charges), which is approximately USD 94. The seller estimates the first batch of V922 to arrive at the end of the month, i.e. December 2012.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:44 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
After searching the Chinese eBay equivalent every few days, I finally found the product (there's nothing interesting at that page though).

It is selling (pre-order) at RMB 585 (excluding domestic shipping charges), which is approximately USD 94. The seller estimates the first batch of V922 to arrive at the end of the month, i.e. December 2012.
I'm surprise it cost that much even in the domestic Chinese market. Either the local sellers are factoring in a big profit margin, or online sellers like BG are factoring in a small one.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:48 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Either the local sellers are factoring in a big profit margin, or online sellers like BG are factoring in a small one.
I would think the local sellers will be shimmying all the way to the bank. Yes, I'm referring to your Mini Pet video. It was hilarious!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:25 PM
Trees are bad
Stevez1kart's Avatar
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Seen this yet? http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hi...r-p-48795.html
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:26 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
V922 on Alibaba

Alibaba has it now: http://wltoys.en.alibaba.com/product...elicopter.html.

FOB Price: US $ 28-48 / Piece
Minimum Order Quantity: 12 Piece / Pieces carton

The price seems a bit low.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion HK FBL100. CP. is here surflyer Micro Helis 145 Jul 11, 2013 04:35 AM
Sold WL TOYS V911 Like NEW Helicopter ++ scharlach Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Sep 14, 2012 10:29 AM
New Product $40 MQX / Ladybird by WL Toys (Turnigy Compatible) zadaw Multirotor Talk 19 Jun 27, 2012 05:20 PM
For Sale WL TOYS 3.5-Channel iPhone/ iPad/ iPod / iTouch RC Helicopter with 0.3 MP Camera! Santoyo Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jun 13, 2012 12:36 PM