SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:41 PM
Joined Aug 2012
379 Posts
Although i do not have xp with the dx6i i do have some with the 9x.So far i love it so far all i have done is put in the backlight kit and 1800mah battery.And its still stock its a nice radio i love mine and as soon as i can i will be putting er9x on it.Hobbyking has a module for dsm2 that plugs in.From what i understand you have to use er9x to change the rx order but from what i see from it its gonna be all good.Another alternative is a devo 6s or devo 8s and put deviation on it.
firstadam2k is online now Find More Posts by firstadam2k
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:03 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
336 Posts
I checked a sample of V922 again.

see my page
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780158

Storekeeper said the heli is the same things.
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:23 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
see my page
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780158

Thanks, I suppose this ruins it for most people here.

You said there is only one simple 3D mode. Do you know whether it has real 3D curves or that the controls are simply reversed?
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:37 AM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
Something doesn't quite make sense about this. If the V922 and FBL100 really are the same thing, then what have they been doing the last few months since the FBL100 came out, just working on the transmitter?
Byrdwyngs is offline Find More Posts by Byrdwyngs
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
Thanks, I suppose this ruins it for most people here.
??

i feel confirmed having bought the turnigy (hisky) fbl100, furthermore it meens declining prices and better supply of spareparts quite sure ...

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
??

i feel confirmed having bought the turnigy (hisky) fbl100, furthermore it meens declining prices and better supply of spareparts quite sure ...

macem
I think there was too much expectation built in given the past performance of the V911, V929 and V939. In Chinese forums, they were talking about it as a Walkera Mini CP killer.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
... china is far away ( here from austria...) ... and i have no comparison to the famous v911 myself ...

but if i heard it right, the manufacturer of v922 is just the same as for v911, 939, hsiky, turnigy & co... (benma)... and the FBL100 are well doing little flighing machines (beeing afflicted with to many crashreports as 3d-trainer for dummies.... like me, of course... . )

macem
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
... china is far away ( here from austria...) ... and i have no comparison to the famous v911 myself ...

but if i heard it right, the manufacturer of v922 is just the same as for v911, 939, hsiky, turnigy & co... (benma)... and the FBL100 are well doing little flighing machines (beeing afflicted with to many crashreports as 3d-trainer for dummies.... like me, of course... . )

macem
I don't have a V911 or V929 either. But the V911 is the fastest ever growing thread in the micro heli forum here and the V929 the fastest growing mini quad thread.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:49 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,945 Posts
From KKDDMM's feedback, V922 appears to be a great beginner's micro CP helicopter. While it has a very basic transmitter, it is likely to cost lesser. Beginners are likely gonna be pleased with the simple transmiter and even happier at its price tag. It was estimated to be RMB 200 (USD 32) lesser than the RTF HiSky FBL100. Wow!
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
If its $70/-, I don't care whether its Tx is programmable or not. In fact if they've loaded the optimized curves for it at the factory, that is one thing less to worry about for a beginner. The simpler it is, the more I can concentrate just on using it to learn CP indoors, as well as basic 3D. This is likely designed for beginners, and believe me there are a lot of guys out there who find flying even a co-axial challenging.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
If its $70/-, I don't care whether its Tx is programmable or not. In fact if they've loaded the optimized curves for it at the factory, that is one thing less to worry about for a beginner. The simpler it is, the more I can concentrate just on using it to learn CP indoors, as well as basic 3D. This is likely designed for beginners, and believe me there are a lot of guys out there who find flying even a co-axial challenging.
It is not 3D flying if you can switch a button to reverse the controls once the heli is inverted. If you are going to use this mode to fly inverted, you will have a horrible time when you try to learn real 3D later on. I think this must be clarified.

My worry is there is no real 3D mode. Because even if you do not fly 3D, it is easier to fly a CP in the wind using a real 3D curve. If there is no real 3D curve built-in, I cannot consider this heli as a suitable CP trainer.
Last edited by zadaw; Nov 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:51 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,346 Posts
Well, we'll see when it's released. Having a beginner mode is a good feature. Stands out from the crowd. However, it should disable the regular CP 3D capable flight mode. For when you need to practice that in preparation for the larger CP.

The implication that it's similar to the FBL100 is good. I have seen comments on owners who thinks the FBL100 flies much better than their mCPX.

Hopefully, WLToys drives the cost of replacement parts down. While maintaining quality. I've had good luck with the plastic formulation they use.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:54 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,670 Posts
Well said Zadaw, It confirms my worries about this helicopter.

Nevertheless if it is indeed the same as Hisky FBL100, it would unveil all is potential with a programmable TX.

It would then be a nice bnf for those having the module or the tx from Hisky/turnigy.
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Jan 2012
511 Posts
A comment here on comparing the mcpx to the fbl100. Their parts are not conpletely interchangeable. I have replacement parts for both. The footprint for the parts are slightly different (in some cases about a mm in bolt pattern.)
They look the same but the differences wil bite you. I speak from sad experience.
freezywilly is offline Find More Posts by freezywilly
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,346 Posts
Yeah, you're right. I know there are definite differences between the two heli.

The obvious ones like the square tail boom. 7mm tail motor versus the 6x15mm on the mCPX.

Then there are less obvious ones, such as the balls being slightly bigger on the FBL100.

Care to share all the differences you've noted to add to the collective knowledgebase here?

Thanks.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon