HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:36 PM
United States, MN, Otsego
Joined Dec 2010
394 Posts
I was watching this thread and the WL Toys CP with great interest. Given the recent revelations concerning compatibility and the like it looks like the HiSky FBL100 with the HT8 module (similar to the Tx-R module) is going to wind up being the best buy.

I found it here, with the module that allows you to use your existing Tx with trainer port for $90. Seems like the current best deal for a micro cp in the 100 class if you already have a Tx with a trainer port.
jcmors is offline Find More Posts by jcmors
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 05:50 PM
Austria
Joined Jan 2004
8,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmors View Post
I was watching this thread and the WL Toys CP with great interest. Given the recent revelations concerning compatibility and the like it looks like the HiSky FBL100 with the HT8 module (similar to the Tx-R module) is going to wind up being the best buy.

I found it here, with the module that allows you to use your existing Tx with trainer port for $90. Seems like the current best deal for a micro cp in the 100 class if you already have a Tx with a trainer port.
Thanks ... yes it is really an interesting model what you found

Price is looking very fine too

Shipping is only 8 euro and package less the 500g ... so nice and small for avoid extra charge from custom

e_lm_70 is offline Find More Posts by e_lm_70
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:19 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
I've never flown a stock mCPX. All my flights on the mCPX were either brushless or double brushless.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:46 PM
Joined Nov 2005
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmors View Post

Could I use the RF module for my turnigy 9x?
harmony is offline Find More Posts by harmony
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Yes if the 9x has got one of these connectors
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...d=15575205713&

Xascent is offline Find More Posts by Xascent
Last edited by Xascent; Nov 23, 2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:26 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Oct 2012
31 Posts
Also this is on the horizon soon which is Nano sized

http://www.hobbyeurope.com/rc/helico...ano-helicopter
Xascent is offline Find More Posts by Xascent
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:36 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
It's Nano size, but not Nano weight class. Has a big looking motor too.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
HiSKY FBL80 (see first post):

It's smaller than V911!

In any case, you can get more information in the FBL100 thread.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
382 Posts
How does one go about setting one of these devices on the 9x.And has anyone run one of the tx rdy modules?
firstadam2k is offline Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:58 PM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70 View Post
Thanks ... yes it is really an interesting model what you found

Price is looking very fine too

Shipping is only 8 euro and package less the 500g ... so nice and small for avoid extra charge from custom

Maybe you won't avoid customs, but still a very nice price.

Quote from the site :
"...
Still present in Scandinavia

Items found at HobbyEurope.Com are shipped directly VAT free from China to the customer. Soon we will open HobbyEurope.Se for the Swedish marked. Items in this shop are shipped from our Scandinavian warehouse, and prices are including Swedish VAT.

Spring 2013 our Norwegian customers will be served from HobbyEurope.No, and the old store ThrottleStore.Com will be replaced entirely..."
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:28 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xascent View Post
Yes if the 9x has got one of these connectors
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...d=15575205713&

It only says it is compatible with Futaba, JR/Spektrum, and Walkera. The 9X will only work if its trainer port output is compatible with one of these standards. Otherwise the channels may be mixed up.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:42 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
9x should be JR.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, MI, Saginaw
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Im fairly new to the hobby, I bought a v911 rtf less then a year ago, and absolutely loved it. I had already been into planes, and almost exclusively fly horizon stuff.

My only issue with horizon is price, and I really wanted to get into CP. But when the nano came out I just had to buy one.

I have been following the WL cp threads, for some time, and from the standpoint of a relative newcomer had been really excited about it.

The more I learn about it, the more I'm leaning towards just sticking with my blade stuff, parts are readily available, and relatively cheap.

If the price isn't that much better, why not just pay a little more to get something thats proven, and aimed at hobbyist, not the mall crowd?

I'm still on the fence, Ive been impressed with WL's products, ive got the v911, and v929, but ive also got the blade ncpx, and time after time, the v911 and v929 sit on the shelf and I;m out flying the Ncpx.
eric5989 is offline Find More Posts by eric5989
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Oct 2012
889 Posts
Is the transmitter programmable? If it is, then a lot of us are still going to get it, even if it uses a proprietary protocol. If I can get a 6 ch micro for 2 x v911 price, I'm going to go for it. I'm sure parts are going to be freely available sooner than later.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:03 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,354 Posts
Not 9x compatible, well another lost sell from me.
I have my orange dsmx/dsm2 module on the way. Looks like a nCPX for me then.
Shame, real shame. I really do like WLToys stuff (rebinding the V939 every battery change is a disappointment though).
Wonder if it is a protocol that is used my another well known TX mfg?
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy