HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:16 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
I was so happy with my first v911 I bought 2 more right away. I figured, hey, WL TOYS did a great job, let me try the v929.......another great product for the price! I've been having a strong itch to get a micro CP and had said to myself 'I sure hope WL TOYS gets on it!"

As that itch kept growing, I went ahead and ordered a mini CP with a Devo 7(I don't mind the display, after all, I don't stare at that while flying) and didn't want to shell out another 100 bucks for the telemetry feature on a heli that has less than 5 minutes of battery. I got it a good price of 180 bucks shipped and has been in ICS Los Angeles a couple of days now so it should find its new home soon. NOW I see this thread, I am new here BTW and really love the community you guys have here, and have gotten really excited! My Mini will have some CP friends to play with soon! Now if I can get that Devo 7 hacked to work on my WL little guys it would truley be sweet. Can't wait to here more info on these CP's from WL TOYS! I am very impressed with this company so far, thank you from a customer of yours.
waveOmatic is offline Find More Posts by waveOmatic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:43 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
ultimateMicro: Great writeup! The picture you photoshopped looks much better than the picture WLToys sent me, but they did say that the bird is still in final R&D. I should receive one for Beta testing and the pictures will tell the story I guess.
I think a major part of the package is the TX. It needs to be very precise and well made. If it's anything like the V911/929 TX, I don't think we'd be going anywhere.

I will confirm 9X compatibility with them during their office hours.

Exciting stuff!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
380 Posts
well i hope its 9x compatable i am gonna buy a fs-t6 i went to order it for my v911 and it was out of stock.
firstadam2k is offline Find More Posts by firstadam2k
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,586 Posts
I suspect they got from the same source i.e. OEM. As HiSKY came out with the FBL100 and FBL80, it may be possible that WLtoys, Benma, Jiuchon, etc, who are keen to sell the same product but under a different name, get them from the same source as HiSKY.

If that is true, then I'd guess the transmitter could be the X-6S.

I can't wait...
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
My wish list for the new heli would be:
-Flysky compatible
-a port on the RX for brushless ESC, removing the need of using a converter
-a port on the RX to connect to a computer to configure the flybarless controller, that way one could tweak the controller to ones liking, like on a big heli. This port could also be used for a firmware upgrade.
Adding these features to the board might make the price less to our liking.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:56 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
The brushless conversion can be done in the ESC now with BLHeli. But if they have it built into the RX like the AR6400 bricks that comes in the Horizon Hobby micro airplanes, then it would be an easier task to switch between brushed and brushless.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:21 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
I am VERY excited at the thought of WL Toys doing a heli like this. The v911 was an example of outstanding value, durability & flight. Plus we discovered that they listen to our feedback & Ideas. I couldn't be happier if this is true! This will probably be my next step in piloting when I'm ready and it does come to fruition! SUSCRIBED!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:35 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
I hope it will be available well before Christmas shipping season or Chinese new year holidays. This just may finally pull me away from my little quad kick.
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:05 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
I was thinking...there will be a small window of opportunity once it's available. Think about it, let's say it is announced in Oct. And the various sites like Banggood get's it soon after. By the time it ships, it may start hitting the Christmas season rush and we may not see it until after the new year.

I think I'll take a gamble and be the guinea pig on this one. Order as soon as it's available. Worst comes to worst, I'll have more parts for my frakencopter builds.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
I'll be in on this one as well! can't wait...
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:44 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
If it's 9x compatible and reasonably priced I'll buy bnf as soon as it's available.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:46 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
You know the BNF always comes out later. So you may have to wait till after Christmas.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I got plenty of toys to keep me busy ;p
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:53 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,632 Posts
cgpirre: I will remember to quote that when the early adopters have it in hand and come online to relate how great the new WL Toys CP is. ;P
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Hmmm that's what will keep me from buying it at first, I know that there will be quite a lot of spin followed by revisions
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief