HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:45 AM
Lithuania
Joined Feb 2012
40 Posts
Are there any micro 3d copters, that will bind to 9x?
Doncius85 is offline Find More Posts by Doncius85
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:02 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncius85 View Post
Are there any micro 3d copters, that will bind to 9x?
Great question. I dont know. Another alternative is Walkera. There are several 6 ch's out there that will bind to the Walkera Devo including the Exceed brand. I have a couple but I havent got the kahunas to fly them yet. It seems like Walkera comes out with a new 6 ch every 3 or 4 mos and they drop prices drastically on the leftovers. I have a leftover genius and a 6 ch Exceed I bought at a bargain. Have a Devo 7 Tx that flies both of them. Now if I can just get my nerve up. http://www.xheli.com/exceedheli-x100...24g-devo7.html
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Last edited by MWShelton; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:26 AM
United States, MI, East Tawas
Joined Aug 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
Great question. I dont know. Another alternative is Walkera. There are several 6 ch's out there that will bind to the Walkera Devo including the Exceed brand. I have a couple but I havent got the kahunas to fly them yet. It seems like Walkera comes out with a new 6 ch every 3 or 4 mos and they drop prices drastically on the leftovers. I have a leftover genius and a 6 ch Exceed I bought at a bargain. Have a Devo 7 Tx that flies both of them. Now if I can just get my nerve up. http://www.xheli.com/exceedheli-x100...24g-devo7.html
Which specific Exceed or other models are you referring to? Curious and would like to buy one. I have a hacked Devo 8s.
j35u5fr34k is offline Find More Posts by j35u5fr34k
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:01 AM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Google Walkera BNF. Any of those will work with your Devo. The Exceed link I posted is a rebadged Walkera, even comes with a Devo Tx. Any Exceed model that comes with a Devo will work, just have to find a BNF version. They're out there if you look, several on EBay.
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:15 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j35u5fr34k View Post
Which specific Exceed or other models are you referring to? Curious and would like to buy one. I have a hacked Devo 8s.
There are 4 Walkera CPs worth having a look at the moment

Genius CP / Exceed XH100 - alright as a first CP
Mini CP - higher performance and stability, more suitable for learning 3D.
V120D02S - 120 sized with brushless motor
Master CP - 250 sized

I have flown all of these and my runaway favorite is the V120D02S.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:22 AM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,089 Posts
I don't know of any free or cheap way to make the FS or Turnigy 9x use the DSM2/X protocol. Maybe the module from Spektrum would work but it's not cheap. I don't know of anyone using a 9x with any DSM2/X receivers though.

That HiSky FBL80 really got my attention. I looked at it twice and then went back to look for a third time. And I wasn't looking at the heli - I was looking at the price!!

I was expecting it to be a clone price of say $80. Yeah, what was I thinking?!

I even thought the Turnigy FBL100 is overpriced at $109. Man, these clone prices are approaching the cost of the real thing without sacrificing the low quality that I've come to expect...
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:21 AM
Joined Sep 2012
221 Posts
NE SoloPro 100D
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...arehouse_.html -FWIW

I may be going for this or just taking the plunge and floating the credit for a Blade Nano CPx. Dunno.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:27 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
2,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post
I don't know of any free or cheap way to make the FS or Turnigy 9x use the DSM2/X protocol. Maybe the module from Spektrum would work but it's not cheap. I don't know of anyone using a 9x with any DSM2/X receivers though.
Easy as anything - just buy a used, cheap DX4e or DX5e for 10-20 bucks, rip out the module (and a voltage regulator) and solder it in the 9x - ad a switch to toggle between the module and the now built in Spectrum-module (the 2 above mentioned are DSM2 and X compatible AND full range also).
instructions how to do it are everywhere - even here at RC and in daryoons blog.
you can buy an empty module case also and install the cannibalised DSM-module in there too.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Casal C6P Charger Review
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,470 Posts
If you find a DX4e or DX5e for $10-$20 (or do you mean 10-20?) then let me know because I have been looking for months. All of the ones I found are at least $50 US (which is more than the whole 9x was ).

Best would be if I could find a broken one that still had a good TX module.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooberSB View Post

That HiSky FBL80 really got my attention. I looked at it twice and then went back to look for a third time. And I wasn't looking at the heli - I was looking at the price!!

I was expecting it to be a clone price of say $80. Yeah, what was I thinking?!

I even thought the Turnigy FBL100 is overpriced at $109. Man, these clone prices are approaching the cost of the real thing without sacrificing the low quality that I've come to expect...
The FBL 80 is not a clone of anything and it is natural that the manufacturer would like to recoup the development costs as soon as possible. I think too much expectation has been put on WL Toys due to their record with the V911 and V929. The truth is that WL Toys will need partners to come up with a 100 sized CP. Even Align failed to do it and so this is not an easy task. Personally, I would prefer them to team up with Walkera rather than with HiSky. At least the Mini CP has a well proven record is now selling for less than $100 BNF over here.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Feb 2007
520 Posts
My understanding is you don't even need the dx4e or dx5e, but the lower end gamepad style Horizon hobby transmitters have a modules which will provide 6 channel on the 9x. I'm planning to use the one out of the gamepad style transmitter that came with my night vapor plane and keep the dx4e for my out of town travel TX for my nano cpx. You have to upgrade the firmware of the 9x to the er9x firmware first though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Easy as anything - just buy a used, cheap DX4e or DX5e for 10-20 bucks, rip out the module (and a voltage regulator) and solder it in the 9x - ad a switch to toggle between the module and the now built in Spectrum-module (the 2 above mentioned are DSM2 and X compatible AND full range also).
instructions how to do it are everywhere - even here at RC and in daryoons blog.
you can buy an empty module case also and install the cannibalised DSM-module in there too.
-mike-
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Feb 2007
520 Posts
Certain hobby shops typically have coupons. Al's in Chicago typically run % off based on cost. I think I only got 15% off but it helps cover the taxes. Got a hobbytown card for 10% to 20% depending on how much spent the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Good price. How did you get it so cheap?
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
My understanding is you don't even need the dx4e or dx5e, but the lower end gamepad style Horizon hobby transmitters have a modules which will provide 6 channel on the 9x. I'm planning to use the one out of the gamepad style transmitter that came with my night vapor plane and keep the dx4e for my out of town travel TX for my nano cpx. You have to upgrade the firmware of the 9x to the er9x firmware first though.
The gamepad will not give you DSMX though, only "regular" DSM.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
NE SoloPro 100D
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...arehouse_.html -FWIW

I may be going for this or just taking the plunge and floating the credit for a Blade Nano CPx. Dunno.
I would do it. I got it from HobbyKing when it was $100 and it was well worth that. My first CP. Put it on low rates and learn to hover. And it WILL fly in wind. The 3 axis gyro does it's job. I still have mine and plan to keep her, she's prettier than the nano cp x that I have on the way.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
An Ordinary User
United States, VA, Fluvanna
Joined Jan 2011
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
-mike-
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that was being done.
GooberSB is online now Find More Posts by GooberSB