HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2012, 03:38 PM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbeef View Post
Ya same here. If this requires me to buy another transmitter I'd rather just buy a XXX.

If it is 9x Compatible..... I'll take 10 please with spare parts
Aaaron should forward this to WL Toys as statement of whole RCG
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:19 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Why block out exactly what other model we are considering? I am holding out on an Mcpx or Ncpx myself waiting on this WL toys heli. It better make it before black Friday cause I have a feeling there will be some killer deals then.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Why block out exactly what other model we are considering? I am holding out on an Mcpx or Ncpx myself waiting on this WL toys heli. It better make it before black Friday cause I have a feeling there will be some killer deals then.
Yup same here. I'm itching for a micro CP. Basically I'm waiting to find out if this one is 9x compatible. Otherwise I'm just going to do a DSM mod on my 9x and buy a nCPX
Curtisbeef is online now Find More Posts by Curtisbeef
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
Got me a nCPX to hold me over.

I always have more most fun with the clones. Blade products generally have "issues" for me. With the clone, at least you expect it. LOL
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Oct 07, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 05:58 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,324 Posts
Waitin' too.
but have already a MCPX BNF in the box - unopened.... because I'm still waiting for parts to mod the TH9x ( and my missus doesn't know of the growing "family" )
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
If this could be flown with the DEVO 10S and deviation (http://www.deviationtx.com/) I'd consider picking it up just so that I could have an excuse to buy a DEVO 10S...

In all honesty, I'll probably be in the camp of folks that won't consider this if it's not compatible with FlySky.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 07, 2012, 09:34 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
Waitin' too.
but have already a MCPX BNF in the box - unopened.... because I'm still waiting for parts to mod the TH9x ( and my missus doesn't know of the growing "family" )
-mike-
Hey, no problem, I'll send you $100 and a smartie parts board for the mcpx and you'll be all set with enough cash for the new chopper.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:28 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Hey, no problem, I'll send you $100 and a smartie parts board for the mcpx and you'll be all set with enough cash for the new chopper.
Nice offer. But I bought to fly it
And it's no question of money, too.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is online now Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:28 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
I was sort of kidding, but now I see the smartie parts boards are out of production, he has a few left, I'm not selling mine. It's not really a matter of money for me either, it's a matter of too many helis already.

Well, it's a matter of money if were talking Align stuff or SAB stuff or similar. I can't justify that stuff even though I've spent that much and more, collectively.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:51 AM
Joined Oct 2009
138 Posts
Here is a discription of the Hisky FBL80.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-p...632346060.html.

The Nano CPX has raised the bar. It says the HIsky FBL80 weighs 37g, this is to much. The board design and motor mount makes it look very hard to mount a brushless motor. The WLtoys micro FBL needs to have at least as good performance as the Nano CPX. It needs to be as light as the Nano. If WLtoys makes the frame easy to mount a brushless motor like the walkera micros then they will be ahead of the Nano in that way.
Micro Buzzer is offline Find More Posts by Micro Buzzer
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Just looked at the above link , the head looks bloody ridiculous with those overly long pushrods , whats the reason for those anybody know ?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:49 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,945 Posts
Btw, the FBL80 is not selling well in China due to its price. The folks are waiting for the WLtoys CP micro helicopters.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:54 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro Buzzer View Post
Here is a discription of the Hisky FBL80.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-p...632346060.html.

The Nano CPX has raised the bar. It says the HIsky FBL80 weighs 37g, this is to much. The board design and motor mount makes it look very hard to mount a brushless motor. The WLtoys micro FBL needs to have at least as good performance as the Nano CPX. It needs to be as light as the Nano. If WLtoys makes the frame easy to mount a brushless motor like the walkera micros then they will be ahead of the Nano in that way.
that is almost a 30% weight gain over the nano. Also you are right about that board placement..what a horrible idea. The Nano was good brushed but way better as brushless
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 08, 2012, 10:59 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,166 Posts
At least this looks like a pretty unique design. I would have thought that the appearance would put many off. If the WL Toys CP retails for around $80 including transmitter, it does not have to match the nano in performance.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Btw, the FBL80 is not selling well in China due to its price. The folks are waiting for the WLtoys CP micro helicopters.
I just wished WLtoys would give us some more teaser photos or anything so we have an idea what we are waiting for.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee