HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by EeleyEagle, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:47 PM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
Joined May 2006
445 Posts
Two Eagles

Well we went to the fest and launched for a fly. Unfortunately there is still a control problem unless it is just just a VERY slow responding model. We had a quick flight all caught on video ( which I am waiting to recieve and will post it when it comes). We had a crash landing but suffered only minor damage. Mainly I broke off a wing tip. It will fly again I am sure.
So here is a photo of our two Eagles at the fest, the other one was a completely home design made out of coreflute (correx) weighing in at 4.5kg which is twice as heavy as mine. He has done a fantastic job and it looks great. They are approx the same size but his body is a lot fatter. He did not have a sucessfull launch and still has some fine tuning to do but hopefully it will be in the air again at next years slope fest.
Andrew
EeleyEagle is offline Find More Posts by EeleyEagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:58 AM
Pterasaur builder
LaPorte IN
Joined Oct 2008
122 Posts
great pics , yes it is a slow responding model, you really need to think ahead, start your turns long before it really reacts and begins turn, it reminds me of a rudder and elevator ship. need to let it slide a bit through the corners. too bad the other wasn't airworthy yet.
the wing tips seem to be the weakest part of the design. on my eddie, every time he lands other then nose to the wind he flips and breaks a tip feather or two.
Weinig is offline Find More Posts by Weinig
Old Sep 30, 2012, 03:39 PM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
445 Posts
Flying Video

I:Manilla Videomanila 21st100MEDIAEllie Eagle (0 min 33 sec)
Here is the video I was waiting for.It definately shows PILOT ERROR as I have since read that if you hold the aileron in too long then it will go into a spin, exactly what happened.
Andrew

SORRY TRY THIS INSTEAD.
Last edited by EeleyEagle; Oct 01, 2012 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Try this Link
Old Oct 01, 2012, 04:13 AM
Pterasaur builder
LaPorte IN
Joined Oct 2008
122 Posts
broken link it doesn't take you to the video just goes to the site home page
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:18 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
445 Posts
Two Eagles

Manilla Slope Fest 2012 - RC Eagles (2 min 37 sec)

Video of both the Eagles at Manilla. Better luck for us next time.
Andrew
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:17 AM
Pterasaur builder
LaPorte IN
Joined Oct 2008
122 Posts
Very nice video, I felt myself cringing every time one of the Birds went down, I know that feeling. Had some of the same issues with my pterodactyl that your buddy is haveing with his design. and hearing the crunch of your eagle when it went in(ouch ) , i hope the damage was not as bad as it sounded.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:00 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weinig View Post
Very nice video, I felt myself cringing every time one of the Birds went down, I know that feeling. Had some of the same issues with my pterodactyl that your buddy is haveing with his design. and hearing the crunch of your eagle when it went in(ouch ) , i hope the damage was not as bad as it sounded.
Only minor damage to mine, broke 1 tip feather off. The noise was more the dry shrub that it went into.
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:44 PM
US and Costa Rica
Joined Dec 2004
1,230 Posts
Hi,
I would really like to give this one a try since I'm starting to cut foam wings and since the only foam I can get here is styrofoam yours seems to be the closest match.
I just ordered the plans and I'm not sure if you follow this thread any longer but I'd like to ask you a couple of questions if you still around and have time.
Ok, one of them was already answered as I read the thread again, which was what did you use over the foam, so thin glass and epoxy it is...
The other one is if you remember how much was the flying weight.

It seems like she flew better in the first video than in the second one so if you managed to fine tune it and don't mind sharing any tips about aileron throws or anything else is apreciated too.
Thanks,
Fernando
ferincr is offline Find More Posts by ferincr