HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:13 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Help!
Motors Stalling?

Ok i need some advice (again)

I thought i was about there and now one of the Motors is not right, i calibrated the esc's firstly on the KK2 board and then after some issues where motor #1 was taking about 60% throttle to actually get going i calibrated them one by one without the KK board.

They now all start up together but when i move the Quad around motor #2 seems to stop and struggle to start again, the only thing i can think of is a bad solder connection somewhere would i be right in thinking that? or could it be related to any setting on the KK2 board?

Here's a short video i made just now just so i could show you exactly what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSE2j8-Nkw

Thanks
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:22 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH33ZEBURG3R View Post
Ok i need some advice (again)

I thought i was about there and now one of the Motors is not right, i calibrated the esc's firstly on the KK2 board and then after some issues where motor #1 was taking about 60% throttle to actually get going i calibrated them one by one without the KK board.

They now all start up together but when i move the Quad around motor #2 seems to stop and struggle to start again, the only thing i can think of is a bad solder connection somewhere would i be right in thinking that? or could it be related to any setting on the KK2 board?

Here's a short video i made just now just so i could show you exactly what is going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSE2j8-Nkw

Thanks
First check your connections.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:28 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Also, try to set the "minium motor" to 20. I can't remember what it's called, but it's in one of the menus, something about minimum startup speed or whatever. I had the same problem, the motors simply go below their minimum speed when you tilt against the motor. Setting the minimum speed to 20 fixed that and I haven't had any issues ever since. If you test it with props on later, make sure to hold it down, if these are high-kv motors then the startup speed alone could cause some trouble.

It's worth checking the connections too, though. Just to be safe.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:46 AM
Australia, VIC, Frankston
Joined Jul 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Also, try to set the "minium motor" to 20. I can't remember what it's called, but it's in one of the menus, something about minimum startup speed or whatever. I had the same problem, the motors simply go below their minimum speed when you tilt against the motor. Setting the minimum speed to 20 fixed that and I haven't had any issues ever since. If you test it with props on later, make sure to hold it down, if these are high-kv motors then the startup speed alone could cause some trouble.

It's worth checking the connections too, though. Just to be safe.
Your a legend, it was the minimum Throttle that was set to 10 so I changed it to 20 like you said and tried it again, everything seems to be perfect now. Their 1130kv motors and I'll test it tomorrow with props on.

Thanks again for the help (both of you) much appreciated.
CH33ZEBURG3R is offline Find More Posts by CH33ZEBURG3R