HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:32 AM
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,375 Posts
Threads, Forums, Stickies, Discussions, etc??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Nobody is proposing a forum for "each and every model". There are popular forums on the Interweb where the entire web site has less than 10k posts yet they're quite popular. A single thread with 15k posts is above and beyond that and yet it only gets a single impossible to follow thread.

The main problem is that it's impossible to find information when everything is in one thread. The same questions get asked over and over. This is not only tiresome for the people answering the questions but worse it's incredibly frustrating for new people trying to find the information in the first place. There is no way to figure out what the current state and solutions for things are because you would have to read the entire 15k thread.

Being able to have a whole thread just on flybar issues, another for motor issues, etc would be way better than the current giant thread. Yes, someone could create those threads right now but nobody does because it will just get buried in the general forum, never to be seen again. Those thread wouldn't be super active yet they would contain the meat of the available information for people seeking it.
I really don't have the time to figure out how all these posts fit together, and certainly don't have the time to read even the posts that come up when I do a search on a topic within a humongous thread like the V911.

I'm new at this hobby but so far it seems to me that whoever starts one of these posts should coordinate with 2 or 3 others to make the first page of a new Thread, Forum or whatever it is called, THE BIBLE for that model. All they would have to do is pick a dozen or so areas that need a separate posting and just edit the first dozen or so posts as new info becomes available.

If they don't have all the areas figured out first, just post 'placeholders' after the first few they do have. As moderators they can edit the placeholders to start a new area for standard questions about each area of a model. Later questions could easily be referred to the appropriate first page numbered post, and there probably wouldn't be as many since newbies would naturally go to PAGE 1 and find most if not all the answers there. Does that sorta thing make PAGE 1 a sticky? Am I missing something about how this forum works?
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:23 AM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlik View Post
Not until there is a dedicated align, kyosho, gaui and so on forum. It's just a trainer, do as has been done with all the trainers that have come and gone, create an "official" dedicated thread in the micro section.
Searching a 1,000 page thread is a huge waste of time. It's not the same as having a forum with stickied threads and a search function that's actually useful. I think nearly a thousand pages in one thread warrants a sub-forum.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:20 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
135 Posts
My v911 experiences: I've had mine about 3 weeks, and have crashed it about 100 times I have lost a buckle for one of the rods that adjust flight, and just broke the landing skids. Other than that, it's fine.... skid is on order.

I've finally got it more or less trimmed out and can hover. I just have to remember, any action could react quickly and needs correction... I'm learning and have had several flights with controlled landings... I'm just clumsy... i think my copter will live though. Really tough and well built.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers