HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:31 PM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
Help!
How to select motor for my SU-37 designed by Steve Shumate?

Hi guys! I am a beginner on Scratch building and I just want to ask which is the best Brush less motor for 30" wing span SU-37 park jet. What parameters should i consider when choosing a motor.. high speed with low torque or low speed with high torque? Thanks!! :-)
Berkut47 is offline Find More Posts by Berkut47
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:27 AM
United States, MI, Auburn Hills
Joined Dec 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut47 View Post
Hi guys! I am a beginner on Scratch building and I just want to ask which is the best Brush less motor for 30" wing span SU-37 park jet. What parameters should i consider when choosing a motor.. high speed with low torque or low speed with high torque? Thanks!! :-)
Is this jet going to use a ducted fan? Which fan? Or are you looking for a motor / fan combo already built? What is the all up weight of the model, with batteries ready to fly? Sounds like it will end up being about the size and weight of our RCLander BAE Hawks at around 1100 to 1200 grams - from that size of jet we can suggest you look into the 64mm EDF units.

Hope that helps

Max
www.parkrcmodels.com
www.skyartec-usa.com
Parkflying is offline Find More Posts by Parkflying
Site Sponsor