HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:51 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar7ck View Post
Bring your Sub to the SF Regatta.
You will not be the only one running that particular sub.
Do you have to be a member of the Sub committee to participate or is it open to anybody who has a sub ?
marcusg is offline Find More Posts by marcusg
Last edited by marcusg; Sep 17, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined May 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusg View Post
I finally dove in (pun intended) and bought my first "real" submarine. I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully this will be the first step of many into this part of the hobby.

Like to thank all of you for all the info, pointers, etc. Any other advise on this sub would be greatly appreciated.

Marcusg
Right on, and welcome skipper.
RC_Nutz is offline Find More Posts by RC_Nutz
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:57 AM
The Small Sub Guy
Joined Nov 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Do you have to be a member of the Sub committee to participate or is it open to anybody who has a sub ?
You do not need to be a member.
mar7ck is online now Find More Posts by mar7ck
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:57 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
battery question

What kind/size nimh batteries are you guys using in your SB-1 ?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
good news, bad news

Well gentlemen the good news is, I received my SB-1 two weeks ago. The bad news is/was I have not been able to even open the box let alone run it because I had a heart attack and had to have open heart surgery to perform a bypass. The good news is, I'm expected to have a full recovery but unable to run the sub for awhile (6-8 weeks ???) or able to attend the sub reggetta at San Francisco next week which i was really looking forward too . Anyways, for the meantime, any pointers, advise, or suggestions about the sub would be greatly appreciaciated until I get back up on my feet.

Thanks in advance, Marcusg
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
California Desert... 7 miles from nearest town
Joined Jan 2010
373 Posts
Pointers and advise....

Follow your doctor's orders. Let yourself heal completely.

I had lost the use of one arm. Had doctor fix it but was in a hurry to get back to what I did. Started up 6 weeks early.

Well it never healed correctly. 60% use.

10 years later I was in hospital for other things and talked to a young doctor who was willing to look at my arm. He tore it up and ask me to come in ever two days for a month. I followed his orders to the letter to the end. This time.

I got about 98%+ use of my arm back. I send this doctor a thank you card every year on the date he wore my arm up and made it right.
---------------
Oh you wanted pointers and advice on submarines.

I can do that.

They will still be there when you completely recover. And there will be people to help you when you when the time comes should you need it.

CH aka Ralph --- SSBN 598
Cliff Hanger is online now Find More Posts by Cliff Hanger
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:00 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Hanger View Post
Pointers and advise....

Follow your doctor's orders. Let yourself heal completely.

I had lost the use of one arm. Had doctor fix it but was in a hurry to get back to what I did. Started up 6 weeks early.

Well it never healed correctly. 60% use.

10 years later I was in hospital for other things and talked to a young doctor who was willing to look at my arm. He tore it up and ask me to come in ever two days for a month. I followed his orders to the letter to the end. This time.

I got about 98%+ use of my arm back. I send this doctor a thank you card every year on the date he wore my arm up and made it right.
---------------
Oh you wanted pointers and advice on submarines.

I can do that.

They will still be there when you completely recover. And there will be people to help you when you when the time comes should you need it.

CH aka Ralph --- SSBN 598
Thanks Ralph, will do.

Yeah I'm not gonna try to rush thing's just kind of weird looking at that box and unable to even open it. Lol
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
Joined May 2009
70 Posts
Oh crap! hope you will recover quickly and fully. Glad the surgery went well. Send the sub to me, I will care for it carefully since you can't run it yet.
Just Kidding. Glad all was well.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:53 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Nutz View Post
Oh crap! hope you will recover quickly and fully. Glad the surgery went well. Send the sub to me, I will care for it carefully since you can't run it yet.
Just Kidding. Glad all was well.
Thanks bro. I'm just kind of bummed out that I can't go to the sub run this coming up weekend here at SF.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined May 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
Thanks bro. I'm just kind of bummed out that I can't go to the sub run this coming up weekend here at SF.
No need to feel bummed out my friend. I am sure as soon as you're are able, you will get your hands on your new, shiny Neptune and tinker with it in no time. At least in the meanwhile, have someone open the box and display it on top your TV. You will see it every time you watch TV.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:43 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
No need to feel bummed out my friend. I am sure as soon as you're are able, you will get your hands on your new, shiny Neptune and tinker with it in no time. At least in the meanwhile, have someone open the box and display it on top your TV. You will see it every time you watch TV.
I thought about that but I rather wait. It will be torture to open it and not being able to run it. Besides leaving it in the box, my wife won't ask to many questions about it or find out that I paid almost $600.00 for it. lol.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined May 2009
70 Posts
Dang! That's gonna be a long wait while she's ( the boat ) sitting there itching to get wet.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:13 PM
Joined May 2009
70 Posts
Quote:
I thought about that but I rather wait. It will be torture to open it and not being able to run it. Besides leaving it in the box, my wife won't ask to many questions about it or find out that I paid almost $600.00 for it. lol.
Better hide all computers in your house too. Some point in time, she will search up the boat just out of curiosity. Women are just curious especially when it comes to their hubby's toys. LOL JK
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:24 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Better hide all computers in your house too. Some point in time, she will search up the boat just out of curiosity. Women are just curious especially when it comes to their hubby's toys. LOL JK
Yeah they are. Lol
Old Oct 25, 2012, 11:24 PM
Joined May 2009
70 Posts
Progress

Quote:
Yeah they are. Lol
Ooh yeah. By the way. How's your recovery progress going? Hope all is fast and well.