Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:29 PM
Balsa Dust and CA Fumes
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Electronics

Wired up all the electronics for the Bee. Had some difficulties. The deans plug on the on/off switch was bad. That drove me crazy, but the one issue that really had me stumped for a couple of days was after I had everything hooked up, why wouldn't the motor stop Beeping. It played it's little tone and then just one long beep after another. I changed batteries, changed receivers, changed crystals. Even changed to another transmitter. Just kept beeping. What was left. So I resorted to the expertise of the internet. Wha-la Some motors won't arm if the throttler is giving ANY input at all. I had to bring the micro adjustment on the transmitter down to zero. Everything was just great after that. I never had to do that before. So anyway. All is well with the Bee, Now I need Spring to hurry up and get here.

Who's building????
Dillion is offline Find More Posts by Dillion
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:28 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Good to hear you sorted it out cheaply - as in, didn't go buy any new bits to cure the problem.

How's about an electrified 50" span 'large scale' model of the Joe Bridi 'Kaos'? As its electric and will have a taildragger gear, I wouldn't enter it in an IMAA comp though Have been messing with the plan for too long, finally got down to it. Here in the Windy, Freezing Cold and now its Snowing City (Chicago), am finally getting used to the concept of a 'building season'. Build thread's up in Electric Sports. Progress is barely progress, and we're off to the E Fest indoor bash at Champaign, IL, this weekend, so it will be slower still.

Oh to Bee off to the field and fly again!

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Feb 17, 2014, 05:04 PM
central illinois
Joined Aug 2002
800 Posts
does the undercamber of the new wing mount ok to the flat area where it's mounted? maybe i missed somthing.
david
newcomer is offline Find More Posts by newcomer
Old Feb 22, 2014, 05:09 PM
Semi-world famous!
USA, TX, GRAND PRAIRIE
Joined Oct 2003
1,015 Posts
Hey Dillon, has it flown yet?
Click the Pirate is offline Find More Posts by Click the Pirate