SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Whats The Best Overall?
Durafly SE5a 1030mm 5 6.33%
Durafly T-28 Trojan 1100mm 20 25.32%
Durafly A-1 Skyraider 1100mm 7 8.86%
Durafly F4U Corsair 1100mm 6 7.59%
Durafly P-51D Mustang 1100mm 13 16.46%
Durafly JU-87G Stuka 1100mm 4 5.06%
Durafly P-47 Thunderbolt 1100mm 13 16.46%
Durafly D.H.100 Vampire Mk6 1100mm 11 13.92%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:15 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Motherwell
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
Discussion
Whats The Best Durafly Warbird? (Opinions Count)

hey guys im looking to buy a durafly warbird i really like them alot but was wondering what would be the best choice so the ones i really like are the Corsair and the Stuka but to be honest i like them all im only allowed one or my Girlfriend will kill me ... (litraly im Scottish you seen those films? well that was back then the Girls are the mean ones now )

So heres the discussion
What has the best flight characteristics?
Best Quality? (even though all are really good quality)
Most Fun?
etc etc
Paramanic is offline Find More Posts by Paramanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:25 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,955 Posts
Maybe this might help: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1559222

I personally own the P-47. Have seen the T-28 around the field. Both fly well, both have issues. The P-47 used to have bad toe-in on the LG, it's apparently fixed on the newer models. The retracts still do not have springs. The P-47 can slow down surprisingly with the flaps down, and thus far I have not experienced any nasty surprises flying it.

The T-28 flies pretty well too from what I can see. The nose wheel strut tends to bend back and get damaged easily.
rayonnair is online now Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:40 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
thanks mate i would like to see what people say to this thread if people respond lol and have a wee vote in the poll if you wish thanks for replying
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:51 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,955 Posts
Hard to vote because I don't have a point of comparison
rayonnair is online now Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:37 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,433 Posts
I only flew the P-51 and the T-28, but to me the T-28 was a much better flyer and landed more like a warbird. I also liked the fact that all the gear would retract. I was lucky to find a buyer for the P-51.
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
285 Posts
I had the P-51. It is a nice flyer. The gear worked perfectly. Its slow flight characteristics are very nice with flaps. I flew it with stock power and that was plenty for scale flying. Props were kind of scarce for awhile, but it seems HK has fixed that. I only broke 1 prop in 50+ flights.
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:40 AM
Salt Lake City Utah
Joined Mar 2004
3,307 Posts
I've only the P-47 but have been really happy with the plane. Only issue was the toe-in that from what I've read has been fixed. With a good 3s battery I've been pretty happy with how it flies, esp. with a four blade prop. Super easy plane to do nice scale take offs and super slow landings. Think I'm getting close to 30-40 flights now. Been such a nice plane that I'm tempted to add the P-51 also. Wish they would add a FW190D to the line.

Cheers--Stacker
stacker is offline Find More Posts by stacker
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
The Balsa Farmer
United States, AR, Sherwood
Joined Jul 2005
517 Posts
Im going to give my 2 cents. The Vampire is a great beginner EDF in stock configuration. Floats all day on landing, simple to put together, and yoiu dont see one on every flying field. Great sound. Really like mine. Not your typical warbird
bassfisher is offline Find More Posts by bassfisher
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
United Kingdom, England, Leighton Buzzard
Joined Apr 2012
296 Posts
i would say the p51,flys great and apart from the trojan is the best off grass.im still on my original gear and prop and i fly this plane alot.in my opinion they are all great just the mustang needs no tweaking(imo).
Markbinim is offline Find More Posts by Markbinim
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
Thanks guys sounds great and I don't mind about you personal opinions there welcome here where I'm from no one has anything like this so all is welcome thanks guys more people take part the better this is plus gets peoples thoughts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:24 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,963 Posts
I fly with a guy who has the Durafly T-28 Trojan it is indeed a great flier. I have the PZ T-28 and the foam on the Durafly seems more dense. However, he is constantly having issues with the front retract. It is always loose. It is more detailed than my Parkzone too. Another fellow who flies with us has the Dynam T-28 Trojan. It also flies nice, but it too has problems with the front retract. It was great to have all of them in the air at once.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:02 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,536 Posts
I only have the F4U-4 but am a total Durafly shill now. Easily the best ARF I've ever bought and the only fly right out of the box. I've done nothing to mine other than a few cosmetic things. You have to understand that I am driven to "mess" with all my planes to improve them but have done nothing to the Corsair and it flies beautifully. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Get the one you like best.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
I have the corsair and t28, my flying buddy has the p51. I think the t28 is the nicest and most stable in the air, the body is a bit thicker than the others and chops through the air with ease.
Mesher is offline Find More Posts by Mesher
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
sounds good guys keep them coming! THE MORE THE MERRYER lol
for auld lang syne :P
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, CT, Stamford
Joined Mar 2011
160 Posts
Se 5

i love my se 5. flying it a scale speed or flat out. I it is a great plane. on a windy day iI was able to fly in and basically justhover into a perfect landing.

This and is also a head Turner. I everyone could. mentioned on how great it looks. I it allows a mediocre pilot loom like he (me) has been flying for years.
pherz is offline Find More Posts by pherz