HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:39 PM
"Hey yall watch this"...
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
well I took the plung today and definitly never going to be the same again.....the 3s plunge that is lol, man iv been missing out. I have had one 250 3s TP floating around for a while in my box that I bought to experiment with and I must say even being nose heavy it flys great. One thing I did notice is on the ground prop balance seemed perfect but in the air when it unloaded it sounded terriable above 3/4 throttle. I removed the spinner and it helped but not perfect, I will get it right next time out. Also I noticed when the prop started sounding bad the tail occilation started imediatly. Anyways I have the 3s bug now anf will have to place an order for more batts.
Planecraazy is offline Find More Posts by Planecraazy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:52 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,206 Posts
just added some cf to tail and used a yellow sharpie on some of the white understripes and it looks awesome.

I stole the idea from one of the previous posters

thanks
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:53 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
RC,

Do have an ETA on your replacement S3D?

Joel
Hey Turb Joel,

FedEx pick up went smooth.
Never did receive a shipping email from WT on the replacement S3D.
Going to call them tomorrow.
Day off.
Light winds.
High in the 60s.
Batts charging.

rc
RCBABBEL is offline Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:06 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesodell View Post
Thanks rc good to here from you ,love 325 hyp batt i got from you in my mig and i am going to use it the sbach to ,and thanks for the link ,is this the motor you run in your sbach ?

Les is mre,

Still working on getting my Sbach 3D.

Been flying my V1 Sbach on Hyp (3S) 180s for about a year.
Stock 2500Kv motor & GWS 5043 prop.
She is amazing!

My brother picked up a Sbach 3D a couple of weeks ago.
I conviced him to throw in his old UM Stryker motor (3000Kv) this afternoon.
Right now he is flying her on Hyp (2S) 240s & Hyp (2S) 400s w/5043 prop.
He is happy with the speed increase (for now) but pushing me for Hyp (3S) 180s.

rc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:09 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRx View Post
People ponder the upgrades.. what prop, motor, battery??
From experience, the 3000kv motor will completely outperform the 2500kv on any battery or prop. I have seen NO downside other than it prefers stronger batteries.
I have heard of complaints of "noise" and some "prefer" the 2500kv, but rest assured,
this motor is for people who can use the power.
A Babble 240, 5030, and 3000kv is the ultimate combo.
If you have a GeeBee or Styker lying around, it only takes a single tiny bolt to remove/install.

Amen and amen!! I'm fixin to get one, and I'm with ya on Babblebatts & keeping her light, for 3D!!

Mike do you or anyone have a link for the 3000kv motor?

thx
Jeff
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:32 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
just added some cf to tail and used a yellow sharpie on some of the white understripes and it looks awesome.

I stole the idea from one of the previous posters

thanks
Must see a picture, the additional color would be better for orientation.
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:34 PM
"Hey yall watch this"...
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Looks like my stryker may be loosin weight soon , does anyone have a source for non eflite replacement motors that are better?
Planecraazy is offline Find More Posts by Planecraazy
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
10 Posts
3000 motor

I've had a blast flying 3d Sbach. I notice that it doesn't quite have the vertical punch that my V1 has, but then I've realized that I have a 3000 kv motor in it. So my question is should I buy a new 3000 motor or purchase new 3 cell lipos?

What's the best bang for your buck, 3cells or 3000 kv motor? I Noticed that my 3D version likes a lighter battery so I'm leaning toward staying 2 cell.

Any good data on the 3000?
jrider36 is offline Find More Posts by jrider36
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,009 Posts
No comparison! 3S batteries will completely blow a motor swap away... completely...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider36 View Post
I've had a blast flying 3d Sbach. I notice that it doesn't quite have the vertical punch that my V1 has, but then I've realized that I have a 3000 kv motor in it. So my question is should I buy a new 3000 motor or purchase new 3 cell lipos?

What's the best bang for your buck, 3cells or 3000 kv motor? I Noticed that my 3D version likes a lighter battery so I'm leaning toward staying 2 cell.

erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Nov 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
good till the first drop
michigan usa
Joined Jan 2005
607 Posts
Thanks mike thoughts words of wisdom have come pain ,just like all to wisdom only comes from pain .
Rc les is more and ever year more there is more of les to love
So rc what 3 cell do you think is the best for the sbach ? Because i will have to get a couple from you . And do you havr prop adapters to ? Thanks
lesodell is offline Find More Posts by lesodell
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:02 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Tried her on 3S and she is a rocket, no problems with thermal shutdown or whatever. However, SEVERE dolphin tail wiggle and this is with a reinforced stab. I will rebalance everythign and then give it a go. It did it on 2S as well. Did grease a landing in though!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:51 AM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMatt View Post
Tried her on 3S and she is a rocket, no problems with thermal shutdown or whatever. However, SEVERE dolphin tail wiggle and this is with a reinforced stab. I will rebalance everythign and then give it a go. It did it on 2S as well. Did grease a landing in though!
I noticed the 'dolphin-tail' issue when I maidened my first with a 5030 prop on Sunday. This was only on 2S, but even in a somewhat steep dive, or heading into the wind. I checked both stabs, all control surfaces, and meticulously balanced and checked the prop tracking before the first flight (left the spinner off, as well). Could this be due to excess play causing flutter on the elevator (not just the stab) and AS3X exaggeratedly over-correcting? If so, would something like a short strip of blenderm over the gaps help to smooth this out/reduce flutter until actual control input was given?

On another note - woohoo! Good gosh are these planes amazing to fly! Not sure why I was so nervous to maiden her, but after doing almost stationary knife edges and snap rolls in the wind on my XP - the S3D just made the same wind look silly. It flies so smooth it feels like a much bigger ship.
JayDoc is offline Find More Posts by JayDoc
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:56 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
The excessive play could be an issue, the blenderm could definitely help that issue. The thing that bugs me about this is that the Beast does not have a hint of this issue.

Be interesting to see is some flashes the Beast programming onto the Sbach #D brick and see if that solves the problem.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:23 AM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesodell View Post
Thanks mike thoughts words of wisdom have come pain ,just like all to wisdom only comes from pain .
Rc les is more and ever year more there is more of les to love
So rc what 3 cell do you think is the best for the sbach ? Because i will have to get a couple from you . And do you havr prop adapters to ? Thanks
Les is M,

I sell custom Hyp (3S) 180s because the weight is perfect.
Flight times are only about 5 min but fast charging makes the short flights a non issue.
While I'm flying a batt is always charging.
3S crack is real so be careful!!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1540831
Weight is a 'big deal' on these 2oz planes!

Prop adapters are not needed on the UMX 2S brushless planes.
GWS 5030 & 5043 props fit perfectly.
Balance everything.
She is a rocket on 3S especially with the GWS 5043.
The 5043 can't unload in flight on 2S power.
Totally amazing on 3S!

Are you comfortable flying her on 2S?
If not, don't go to 3S yet.

CF mod a must on 3S power!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=727

Shoot me a PM anytime if you have other Qs...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/priva...=newpm&u=54990

Thanks,

rc
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:45 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider36 View Post

I want to offer another point on this:
First of all, If you have the room 3S is the best option. However, I fly in a relatively tight area. For me I actually prefer my 2S on the 3000kv to the 3S 2300/5043 for one reason. It gets so crazy fast with so little throttle that I run out of room. Also with proper cooling the 3000kv+5030 will run on 3S as well. Talk about a rocket! When I fly at home I just a 2S BB240 and when I go to my club field the 3S packs come out.

Just something to consider.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon