HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:45 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Oh yeah!! I'd scoop up a small twisted indoor as soon as it was released.......
Sneak preview of early prototype:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2980

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:32 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,581 Posts
Thats awesome babs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
My trusty ole SZ 4D dating back to my 72Mhz days.
She's 2.4Ghz now.

Awesome with Hacker motor and Hyp EX (3S) 900mAh 45C batts.

Ever pulled ff a lunar tail touch??

rc
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:48 PM
Well, now that you know ...
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
5,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post

THAT is really cool, Cody!
Bigster is offline Find More Posts by Bigster
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:10 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,408 Posts
E-flite Sbach 342 3D Maiden Comparison Part One

sorry for the delay guys i had problems with the rendering, it kept coming up out of sync, i gave up late yesterday after may tries Anyway up this morning and i tried to figure out where the corrupt file was and then split the video into two, anyway here is the video and talk about the differences enjoy

cheers chuck

With thanks again to Mike from OMP i can bring you the Maiden/Comparison flights of E-flites new Sbach 342 3D with AS3X. First up i must apologize for the vids quality at the ending, something is corrupted and the sync is a little out!

Now to the flights and comparison, firstly i flew the original Sbach 342 and although it flies great, the windy condition soon show it's weakness. trying to hover and flying inverted really shows. Soon as i take off with the new Sbach 3D you can see the difference and yes i like it heaps. The wind no longer becomes a big factor in your flight and you can concentrate more on flying than correcting. This plane "Seemed" and i have no technical support to back this up BUT! seemed to me to be faster? The throws are also increased and i did all my flying in the vids on 70% D/R

Conclusion: is it worth upgrading to the new model? well in my case it's a BIG YES! just like my old Beast has not seen light since the Beast 3D with AS3X arrived, i can see my old Sbach not seeing much daylight from now on too as this plane flies great

Now because of this corrupted film thing, i had to split the video up so the second flight of the Sbach 3D is coming

E-flite Sbach 342 3D Maiden Comparison Part One (5 min 38 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:34 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
896 Posts
Thanks for this video, Chuck.
But in my eyes, I can't see a real difference in flight. I assume this can you only feeling in hard aerobatics with manouvers in a imagine window.
Sorry, I have no "Test SBach 3D" which I could fly in this hard aerobatics
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:59 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,035 Posts
Looks great!

My original Sbach is still in pretty good shape and I've got too many airplanes.

Definition of too many airplanes: My apartment is full and my flying buddy is complaining about my leaving the overflow in his shop.

I'll have to go out and crash something. I want this thing. Also want to buy the park flyer sized Spit, the UM Spit. The ASK-21 and a half a dozen etc's.

Thanks for the video.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,362 Posts
Those wheel pants are still a weak point on this Sbach . Does the wing rock while harriering without SFGs? Couldn't really tell from the video.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:17 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,226 Posts
You can see the one pant had spun upside down or it probably wouldn't have come off. Looks like it does pretty good. I have the Mig and in the wind it just feels bigger. I wouldn't mind getting this if HH can hit the date so I can take it to JR.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:30 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Thanks for the video, Chuck!

The Differences in flight characteristics shown in the video look the same as my stock Sbach and AS3X Sbach.

The AS3X plane is on rails while the non AS3X plane is balloony in the wind, when you move the CG back.

When you went to WOT, I have not heard that scream come out of either of my Sbachs. That sounded fast.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:58 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredM69 View Post
With pleasure !!!

FredM69,

awesome case and hinges and wheel pants

what exactly are you "small plastique hinges " ?

what are you wheelpants made of ?

create your own hinges for UMX foamies--suggestions ?

My last floppy disc got tossed in 1992--well the 5 1/2" version anyway.

hinge tape? I have never used it but have seen it for sale
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:03 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,660 Posts
Chuck,

Great job, as always! Looks like she's a keeper! In your video, it is obvious how much bigger the S3D looks in flight, as compared to the V1S. I'm with UNGN - that thing sounded fast! The motor sound was definitely different than anything I've had with a 2500Kv in it on 2s. In fact, the only time I've heard a 2500 sound like that was when I few my V1 on 3s. I can hardly wait to do some static testing so we can compare the S3D numbers to my V1S results.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:31 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,166 Posts
oooh boy... I didn't need to stumble on to this thread, that's fer sure

hhmm... since my local flying field has shut down (housing development w/o houses.... yet) after 6 years of having it to myself, micros may be my future staple aircraft....I've got 4-5 of HH's UM's already but only one of the UMX flavor and it was second hand, almost new, the v1 Beast, and I love the power it produces... but in general, $170 for a UMX I always considered a bit pricey... and now a UMX with that kinda performance and at that price, geez, it's gonna be hard to resist

-subscribed
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,166 Posts
another quick thought... the brick and servos on this one, the same as the other UMX planes w/ AS3X ?

It was pretty disappointing to get my UM Polecat when it first came out and the dog-goned servo issues it was plagued with pretty much took the wind out of my sails on that one.... then I was looking forward to the UMX Carbon Cub but the price kept me from that one and then I was reading it's plagued with servo issues.... mighta been resolved but don't know

as for the disappointment the Polecat was as far as never knowing when an aileron or elevator was going to seize putting the plane in jeopardy, well, it became a $100 paperweight before it became an unflyable pile of foam chips... so as interesting as the new SBach is to me I don't need another one and at $140

looking forward to more flight reviews after it hits the shelves
HuffDaddy is online now Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:08 AM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Chuck,

Great job, as always! Looks like she's a keeper! In your video, it is obvious how much bigger the S3D looks in flight, as compared to the V1S. I'm with UNGN - that thing sounded fast! The motor sound was definitely different than anything I've had with a 2500Kv in it on 2s.
Hmm... Makes me think this actually has the 3000kv in there.

HH said the Cub came with a 2500 but we found it to be the better 2300. Do you think they are trying to kid us again? I suppose they could have re-engineered the 25 to make it better.

Tony
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Hi Silentpilot,

I make this flight case by myself... i mean, i ordered the case and cut myself the inside to fit with the transmitter, one UMX sbach and Beast, one MCPX and one Blade 130X. Plus battery, chargers, inboard cam, some tools to fit any unwanted dammage and the sun glass... ;-)
FredM69 is offline Find More Posts by FredM69