HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:12 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Yeah... I'm really surprised. They are well treated Hyperions (except for leaving 3 of them charged) and they're all weak, even the properly stored one. I should try them in my Beast.
Yeah that would be a good test, maybe a static test on the bench just running them to see how they fair as well.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Great advice, Tom. I will definitely be trying this (as soon as my hands stop shaking every time I fly this thing!
Ya that's how it is at the beginning but the as3x does amazing things in slow flight, especially high alpha. The same thing that makes it appear to be hard to land, also makes it fly awesome in harrier. I can't wait to fly my new sbach tomorrow!

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:25 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Having some fun at the field

Here's some footage from today. Just messin' around a bit. Basic aerobatics, a couple inverted flat-spins, and a few touch & goes. I'm running the factory prop & a TP 325 on this flight. I'll post the prop comparison video as soon as the upload is finished.

This baby does very nice power-on inverted flat-spins!

Having fun with the UMX Sbach 3D at the field (10 min 3 sec)

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:39 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,453 Posts
great flight vids again Joel, so is the general consensus that this S-bach is more powerful than the first as i summarized in my maiden flight vid? anyone worked out why yet?
one thing i do know is i love this plane it is getting a lot of flight time from me thats for sure

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:41 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker View Post
great flight vids again Joel, so is the general consensus that this S-bach is more powerful than the first as i summarized in my maiden flight vid? anyone worked out why yet?
one thing i do know is i love this plane it is getting a lot of flight time from me thats for sure

cheers chuck
I'm curious about this one..
I have noticed the motors do look a tad different side by side...
also the magnets feel different when I turn the prop by hand...
brushless55 is online now Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,346 Posts
I got mine in today. Too bad the wind is 20 plus. I am pretty much done rebuilding my as3x sbach v1 with gee bee brick. Now I have 3 Can't wait to fly this one with TP 325 I will also try the new 400 35C hyperion packs I got. They are awesome on the blade 130x. Extended performance to the end.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:11 AM
Can't get enough
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined May 2010
2,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Here's some footage from today. Just messin' around a bit. Basic aerobatics, a couple inverted flat-spins, and a few touch & goes. I'm running the factory prop & a TP 325 on this flight. I'll post the prop comparison video as soon as the upload is finished.

This baby does very nice power-on inverted flat-spins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUUWSE96nM

Joel
Nice knife edge I really like how stable it is in wind and going slow. Makes harriers a breeze. No pun intended.

J
jabsten is offline Find More Posts by jabsten
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:39 AM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareh View Post
For the first time in my life I picked up an airplane from LHS without reading and investigating about it before :-) and it happened to be this new Sbach. Would you guys tell me what bettery will give me the best hovering and 3d flying outdoors? The store didn't have the suggested 180 or 200 mh in stock and had only 300, decided to wait untill tomorrow for new batteries to arrive, any suggestion which one to pick? Also the only charger I have is for 1cell and the original triton, will anyone know if I could use the triton for quick charge the 2 cells for the Sbach?
If you don't mind waiting a couple weeks for some good inexpensive packs, look here (sign in first to get the deal).
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=403
You could get the eflite micro 2s adapter (EFLA700UM) that will let you charge with the Triton, but personally I recommend getting a balance charger, your packs will thank you for it.
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Last edited by turbovector; Oct 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:51 AM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Unanswered questions....who will be the first to respond....stay tuned...

1. How is this new as3x sbach compared to converted as3x sbachs ?

2. Is this 2500kv motor different somehow that the other 2500kv motors, if so how ? different magnets? pic ?

3. How is the new 400mah Hyperion 2s in this plane ?

4. Does 5030 prop really help ?

5. Does the 5043 prop with 2300kv motor on this plane improve everything like it does on the old sbach and beast3d?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:00 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,882 Posts
Just an observation... air now has a clear path from the nose vents behind the prop, over the motor, over the battery and over the FETs. Whoever wants to think on that... and do something...
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:12 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,414 Posts
I just copied my original Sbach settings to a new slot on my DX8, went through the bind sequence and... the telemetry activated. That was new. Never seen that before. I've got a signal bar on my main screen and if I roll the roller, it goes through a large number of features that don't do anything. The signal bar seems to work though.
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:54 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
I just copied my original Sbach settings to a new slot on my DX8, went through the bind sequence and... the telemetry activated. That was new. Never seen that before. I've got a signal bar on my main screen and if I roll the roller, it goes through a large number of features that don't do anything. The signal bar seems to work though.
Did it bind in DSMX?
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:02 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Mine does! It shows the signal strength that is the only function supported by the DSMX UM bricks.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:17 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,188 Posts
Flight-test - factory prop vs. GWS 5030

Guys,

Thanks for the kind words! Here's a comparison between the factory & 5030 props, using a Hyp 500 pack. To me, it seemed like the factory prop had an edge over the 5030. I'll let you guys be the judge. Be sure to watch the touch & go elevator landing at 7:06:

Eflite UMX Sbach 3D - stock prop vs. GWS 5030 (7 min 38 sec)

I'm editing the prop comparison footage with the Hyp 240 & will post it here.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Can someone measure the battery compartment?

Just wondering what the max size hidth, width, length, battery that will fit not taking the weight of the battery in to factor.
BumpierDrake960 is offline Find More Posts by BumpierDrake960