SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:51 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Trace the SFG's (so when they get destroyed you have a pattern), and put them on.

AS3X + SFG's = Magic.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:42 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Maiden done - all's well, no scratches or dings. Weather was not cooperative though. Wind was terribly gusty. It would push the car around driving to field. Probably not much over 15 mph tops, but would change speed in a second I'm guessing anywhere between 5 to 15-18. It was enough that it would move the Sbach around, but it never got completely out of sorts. If you caught the wind just right, I could fly it in place into the wind. Didn't try anything fancy and didn't press my luck. Flew about 4-1/2 minutes with a nanotech 180 and showed 3.97 volts when I got home, so ought to go 6 minutes or so easy on these. I'll wait for better conditions to carry on.

Edit: put 79ma back in battery, so that's not bad at all.
Where did you put battery to get proper CG??
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Don't know if it was proper. I'm one of world's worst examples of measuring cg in numbers. I start with what I intend to be nose heavy and move back till I find what I want. Anyway, I had read instructions about front of battery even with hatch opening for 3d and I believe about 20mm forward for sport. I was probably a bit further forward than that. The nano tech's are lighter than the eflight batteries, so I put it about half under and half out in front of the split where the hatch starts. It did not appear to be nose heavy this way at all in the air, if anything felt a bit tail heavy, but conditions were as such that it was hard to tell anything. Too much variation in wind speed and direction. I had to put in a couple of clicks of down elev to keep it from climbing, but basically gave up on trying to fine tune anything.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:10 PM
USA, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2011
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Don't know if it was proper. I'm one of world's worst examples of measuring cg in numbers. I start with what I intend to be nose heavy and move back till I find what I want. Anyway, I had read instructions about front of battery even with hatch opening for 3d and I believe about 20mm forward for sport. I was probably a bit further forward than that. The nano tech's are lighter than the eflight batteries, so I put it about half under and half out in front of the split where the hatch starts. It did not appear to be nose heavy this way at all in the air, if anything felt a bit tail heavy, but conditions were as such that it was hard to tell anything. Too much variation in wind speed and direction. I had to put in a couple of clicks of down elev to keep it from climbing, but basically gave up on trying to fine tune anything.
Thanks!!! Think ill try your batt position to start. Gona be taking her out in about
1 1/2 hours,, gusty and cloudy here
Airman74 is offline Find More Posts by Airman74
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:52 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
Trace the SFG's (so when they get destroyed you have a pattern), and put them on.

AS3X + SFG's = Magic.
And apply packing tape to them to keep the SFG's from easily breaking/cracking......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
so what about results? I've always wondered how fast my 2S Sbach flys.
MIke
I don't have any readings on my V1 Sbach but on the Spit I had constant readings of 25-26mph back to back in no winds, straight and level flight..
any sudden jumps with these micros and the readings go way up
and I phones are even harder to get a solid consistent reading, the down load just is not worth it IMO

and we did not get any V2 Sbach planes at my LHS today!
maybe on tues?

I will go to the field ASAP with the gun for fun to see how quick this little guy is

I would love to gun my V1 on 2s vs 3s
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:04 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Get some 35C 300mAh NanoTechs!!!...My Nano's are out performing my TP and Hyperion batts...This evening I flew my Beast with these batts with low level clouds...It was fun to go vertical until the plane disappeared in the fog/clouds and then spinning the plane down...The AS3X Sbach should be equally as fun but with more speed...

Kevin
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
Get some 35C 300mAh NanoTechs!!!...My Nano's are out performing my TP and Hyperion batts...This evening I flew my Beast with these batts with low level clouds...It was fun to go vertical until the plane disappeared in the fog/clouds and then spinning the plane down...The AS3X Sbach should be equally as fun but with more speed...

Kevin

ON that right now!
totally forgot your findings of these new Nano packs

Praise GOD!
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I don't have any readings on my V1 Sbach but on the Spit I had constant readings of 25-26mph back to back in no winds, straight and level flight..
any sudden jumps with these micros and the readings go way up
and I phones are even harder to get a solid consistent reading, the down load just is not worth it IMO

and we did not get any V2 Sbach planes at my LHS today!
maybe on tues?

I will go to the field ASAP with the gun for fun to see how quick this little guy is

I would love to gun my V1 on 2s vs 3s
You know it. I'd really like to see the results sometime.
So..you fly your Sbach V1 on 3S?
Mike
shastamike is online now Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
Quote:
You know it. I'd really like to see the results sometime.
So..you fly your Sbach V1 on 3S?
Mike
Yes sir. I started flying mine on 3s first for a "why not" so see what happens, and holly crud!

not one issue with my stock Sbach but others were not so lucky, or blessed
as smoke was there results...
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
My Sbach is converted AS3X with Gee-Bee guts. Wondering about going 3s......
If it did fry I sure would have an excuse to get a new Sbach!
Do you use BabbleBatts or have you found something else?
Mike
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
ON that right now!
totally forgot your findings of these new Nano packs

Praise GOD!
You can get them at HK in the USA warehouse for about $3.80 each...(I'm a platinum member so your price may be more)...What a bargain!!!...They weigh the same as my Hyperion 240 25C batts----But the NanoTechs are putting out about 400 more RPM over my Hyperions....I also flew my 350mAh TPbatts and they measured the same RPM figures as my Hyperions..I'm REALLY happy with these new NanoTechs...I own 10 240mAh Hyperion batts, 4 325mAH TP batts and 2 350mAh TP batts...These NanoTechs are kicking ALL of their arses!!!......

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Oct 13, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,767 Posts
Quote:

Kevin
Where are you getting these NanoTech's? HobbyKing?
MIke
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
3,917 Posts
Quote:
My Sbach is converted AS3X with Gee-Bee guts. Wondering about going 3s......
If it did fry I sure would have an excuse to get a new Sbach!
Do you use BabbleBatts or have you found something else?
Mike
made my own for only $6 each I think
much cheaper and do very well

Quote:
You can get them at HK in the USA warehouse for about $3.70 each...(I'm a platinum member so your price may be more)...What a bargain!!!...They weigh the same as my Hyperion 240 25C batts----But the NanoTechs are putting out about 400 more RPM over my Hyperions....I also flew my 350mAh TPbatts and they measured the same RPM figures as my Hyperions..I'm REALLY happy with these new NanoTechs...I own 10 240mAh Hyperion batts, 4 325mAH TP batts and 2 350mAh TP batts...These NanoTechs are kicking ALL of their arses!!!......

Kevin
Awesome!
taking my woman out to Buffalo Wild Wings for some din!
be back tonight to place that order... maybe 10 or so sounds about right
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:35 PM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
Sold some planes, going to pull the trigger on it! Calling tomorrow to see if the LHS has them in stock, if not I will get my name on the list. Loved the V1, sold it and regretted it every since. Knew it wouldn't be long for the AS3X to come out though!
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt