HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:29 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinG View Post
Recently put a 2300 motor in my Sbach3d. Those who say it makes less noise are making a huge understatement. It is tough to look down at the timer on my TX because there is no audio help for finding it again. It barely makes any noise at all. That and the performance difference makes me wonder why HH went with the 2500 in the AS3X birds when it had the 2300 in the V1 Beast.
Same here. Couldn't believe it. I just bought the 2300 because it was cheap on ebay and had a 5043 on ... now my Sbach is whisper quiet
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:27 PM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Personally, I love the sound of my stock Sbach. It sounds so cool buzzing around the oval. Mind you, I also love the sound of my Micro T-28 and its noisy brushed motor :-)

Anyway, I haven't flown this plane for AGES because I can't find my charge adapter :-( It's so infuriating as I love this plane and seeing it sitting on my floor, unused, is torture!

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:15 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
United Kingdom, Taunton
Joined Dec 2012
1,119 Posts
I've done very little flying of anything lately due weather, even though I am looking at my charger right now!
GoAround is offline Find More Posts by GoAround
Old Feb 23, 2013, 05:40 AM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterburn27 View Post
The hitec flash 5x. It is a great TX with just the right amount of mixing abilities for the sport flier. A great price too.

-Matt
Yeah, I haven't flown anything for a while now. Summer down here is not the time to be flying.

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Feb 24, 2013, 08:54 AM
United States, OH, Mentor
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Simple question, How many tones should I hear upon connecting the battery?
I'm having a problem getting the plane to bind with my DX8. I've tried the bind process several times, up close, and farther away, 2 meters and more.. etc, but nothing.
When I connect the battery I get a single tone shortly followed by two more.
Ive tried rebinding using some of my other planes, and the radio binds just fine. Battery is charged as far as I can tell. Though Im not using the balance board on my charger,(banana plug adapter wire) Balance board doesnt work with the adapter cable I got for this battery. (Stock Eflite battery for this plane) But charger says fully charged, reads 8.40 at the end of charge. Maybe the plane is bad? Thanks for any ideas.
Mingus The Red is offline Find More Posts by Mingus The Red
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:49 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus The Red View Post
Simple question, How many tones should I hear upon connecting the battery?
I'm having a problem getting the plane to bind with my DX8. I've tried the bind process several times, up close, and farther away, 2 meters and more.. etc, but nothing.
When I connect the battery I get a single tone shortly followed by two more.
Ive tried rebinding using some of my other planes, and the radio binds just fine. Battery is charged as far as I can tell. Though Im not using the balance board on my charger,(banana plug adapter wire) Balance board doesnt work with the adapter cable I got for this battery. (Stock Eflite battery for this plane) But charger says fully charged, reads 8.40 at the end of charge. Maybe the plane is bad? Thanks for any ideas.

Power on tones: Long short short, pause Triple ascending pitch beeps.
Now what they mean:
The Long means the board has power. The two short mean 2 cells. The triple ascending pitch beeps mean the rx is bound and receiving a signal from the tx.

If you are only getting the first sets it is not bound. What is the LED status on the RX?

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:58 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,332 Posts
Make sure you have the throttle all the way down (hold throttle cut if need be), trim the throttle all the way down. Since I thought the 3 ascending beeps were the ESC arming. Before it beeps 3 times the motor will not spin.
Cheese5 is offline Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:41 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
4,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese5 View Post
Make sure you have the throttle all the way down (hold throttle cut if need be), trim the throttle all the way down.
THIS!

This one seems to snag a bunch of folks.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:25 AM
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Power on tones: Long short short, pause Triple ascending pitch beeps.
Now what they mean:
The Long means the board has power. The two short mean 2 cells. The triple ascending pitch beeps mean the rx is bound and receiving a signal from the tx.

If you are only getting the first sets it is not bound. What is the LED status on the RX?

-Brian
Still not binding. Battery gets connected, I get one long, followed by two short tones, then red light begins flashing fast. Like its ready to be bound.
I trimmed throttle all the way down. tried with hold on and off. repeated several times. tried binding to a different model memory spot on the radio, same results. Gonna call horizon today i guess
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:51 PM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingus The Red View Post
Still not binding. Battery gets connected, I get one long, followed by two short tones, then red light begins flashing fast. Like its ready to be bound.
I trimmed throttle all the way down. tried with hold on and off. repeated several times. tried binding to a different model memory spot on the radio, same results. Gonna call horizon today i guess
Yep, I'd be willing to bet the little tiny red antenna wire on the brick isn't attached. If the TX is known good, the only option left is the brick.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:31 PM
Joined Sep 2010
3,730 Posts
Are you having trouble getting it bound (as in initial set up where you put the transmitter in bind mode) or is it that it just doesn't want to recognize the transmitter when you power the plane to fly?
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:05 AM
Joined Jun 2007
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Are you having trouble getting it bound (as in initial set up where you put the transmitter in bind mode) or is it that it just doesn't want to recognize the transmitter when you power the plane to fly?
It just won't bind. Talked to horizon, they are helping me out promptly. Great customer service experience anytime I've had a problem. (which thankfully isn't too often.)
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:29 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,754 Posts
Ahhh man. Haven't flown my Sbach in a month or so.. I miss it!! The airframe got so bad and glue covered that it's performance started suffering. I have a brand new airframe and I plan on starting construction tonight! I am having Sbach withdrawls! hahaha
TurboRacer is online now Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Ahhh man. Haven't flown my Sbach in a month or so.. I miss it!! The airframe got so bad and glue covered that it's performance started suffering. I have a brand new airframe and I plan on starting construction tonight! I am having Sbach withdrawls! hahaha
Mine is trashed with multiple broken wings... and I too have a fresh complete airframe on my workbench ready to swap, just waiting for a calm day to motivate me.

It has been too windy to fly, anyway
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Mar 02, 2013, 06:37 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Porpoise/Dolphin/High speed oscillation

still got it--just won't go away.

What I have done so far:
CF rod on horiz stab
CA on 4 surfaces joints where horiz stab meets fuse (same thing for rudder just in case)
I have added CA bearings to rudder and elev horns
currently running stock motor and stock prop (yes performance is not impressive)

what I could do
more CF rod on horiz stab
Deoxit on servos
change motor, change prop
dynamically balance prop
eliminate U bends--rather not but could.

this is my 3rd used sbach3d (buyem, fixem, sellem)
prior dolphin problems were fixed with standard solutions stated above.
I converted 5 v1 sbachs to as3x and never had dolphin problem--then again never tried 3s.

suggestions?
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim