HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Very True, I know I've said it before! It is also in the user manual for the AS3X USB Programmer!

-Brian
But these instructions aren't AT ALL included in the AS3X manual---But wait---There ISN'T an AS3X manual for the Beast brick!!!...Go to the HH site and click on the Beast brick...Absolutely NO manual to be found...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 08:37 AM
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
But these instructions aren't AT ALL included in the AS3X manual---But wait---There ISN'T an AS3X manual for the Beast brick!!!...Go to the HH site and click on the Beast brick...Absolutely NO manual to be found...

Kevin
Yeah I know, it was definitely an oversight on HH part not to include this in the manual for the Bricks! I guess they were probably thinking that the B3D/CC/GeeBee brick was not "supposed" to be in any other plane, and in those planes the Brick was pre-configured to be the right directions.

Hopefully people will read your post and see the image and double check the AS3X directions on all new builds. It does suck having a brand new airplane all tore up from something like that!

-Brian
kalmon is online now Find More Posts by kalmon
Old Oct 01, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
I just got in my new NanoTech 300mAh 35-70C batts!!!...I've gotta say----Out of the box these perform VERY well!!!...After broken in I expect even better results...My Beast 3D felt like it had more punch than with my Hyperion 240mAh packs...Not very scientific results but the new 300mAh batts seem to weigh no more than the Hyperion 240mAh packs in my hands..

I'll need to weigh the batts and use a tach to see what the actual results are...But I'm very impressed with the "seat of my pants" feeling these new NanoTech 300mAh batteries deliver!!!

Kevin
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:25 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,527 Posts
Job Opening - NASA Dryden Flight Research Center

Thought some of you guys who're waiting for the UMX Sbach might be interested in this......

(If any of your planes are over 150,000 lbs.)

Note: The deadline is approaching soon!

Dave

NASA Dryden Flight Research Center has openings for 2 Research Pilots. Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, have a FAA multi-engine commercial license or military equivalent, 1500 hours of PIC time with at least 500 of those hours in large aircraft (over 150,000 lbs). Test pilot experience may substitute for large aircraft experience.

Applications are due by 8 Oct 2012.

Details, additional requirements, and the application process may be found on USA Jobs at the following link:
http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/326799800

The details in that link are worth a look.......

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:31 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Thought some of you guys who're waiting for the UMX Sbach might be interested in this......

(If any of your planes are over 150,000 lbs.)

Note: The deadline is approaching soon!

Dave

NASA Dryden Flight Research Center has openings for 2 Research Pilots. Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering, have a FAA multi-engine commercial license or military equivalent, 1500 hours of PIC time with at least 500 of those hours in large aircraft (over 150,000 lbs). Test pilot experience may substitute for large aircraft experience.

Applications are due by 8 Oct 2012.

Details, additional requirements, and the application process may be found on USA Jobs at the following link:
http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/326799800

The details in that link are worth a look.......

I want to help those interested in pursuing with a little interviewing advice. Here are some questions NOT to ask:
1) So, why are there two openings for test pilots? What happened to the previous guys/gals?
2) Does this thing come with a Gyro?
3) Can this thing handle 3S without burning the brick?
4) So, after I test this thing, can you gaurantee that it will be released on time and on budget?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:14 PM
United States, NM, Santa Fe
Joined Aug 2011
411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
I want to help those interested in pursuing with a little interviewing advice. Here are some questions NOT to ask:
1) So, why are there two openings for test pilots? What happened to the previous guys/gals?
2) Does this thing come with a Gyro?
3) Can this thing handle 3S without burning the brick?
4) So, after I test this thing, can you gaurantee that it will be released on time and on budget?
awesome !
flyrtim is offline Find More Posts by flyrtim
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:22 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
How many Beast V2s would i need to tie together to make atleast 150,000 pounds?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
How many Beast V2s would i need to tie together to make atleast 150,000 pounds?
Note that the job posting says:

“Test pilot experience may substitute for large aircraft experience.”

So, even if it turns out that some of your planes weigh less than 150k lbs, you should get credit for all the envelope-stretching flight-testing you’ve done with them........

Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:59 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,569 Posts
Sbach 3D

Before Pug man posts anther pic...

Both Wholesale
http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200883967
&
Atlanta
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...m_medium=email
are est Oct 11th shipping dates.

How about it Horizon?
Any plans to begin shipping them in the next day or two??

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:21 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Before Pug man posts anther pic...

Both Wholesale
http://www.wholesaletrains.com/Detail.asp?ID=200883967
&
Atlanta
http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc...m_medium=email
are est Oct 11th shipping dates.

How about it Horizon?
Any plans to begin shipping them in the next day or two??

rc

Would it be inappropriate to attempt to sell my children on the classifieds here to pay for this? WOuld it be less inappropriate if it was an even trade, shipping included? These moral/ethical/taboo types of issues get so confusing when consumed by Horizon Hobby Induced greedy buying spree. Can I really be held responsible for my behavior when HH offers three airplanes from my "Must Have" list within a matter of months?

I would sell myself, but I've already come to the realization that I'm worthless.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Before Pug man posts anther pic.......rc
Gee, and I always assumed that I was on your "blocked" list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
.........I've already come to the realization that I'm worthless.
'Sup, you and I really do think alike........

Old Oct 05, 2012, 05:53 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,406 Posts
gee you guys seem lost in this thread must be all the waiting well i have flown this little beauty a few times now and i am wrapped with it the more you fly it the more you get used to the way it handles and this latest release is a beauty, i just know you guys are gonna love it
Now i have a Beast and an Sbach that just sit in their boxes, wondering when they will see light again

here guys watch this again to quell your thirsts

cheers chuck

E-flite Sbach 3D Maiden Comparison Part Two (4 min 21 sec)
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
great video thank you!
it almost sounds like the 3k motor not the 2500 as advertised ....
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 05, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,011 Posts
I just tested my new Turnigy NanoTech 300mAh 35-70C 2S batts...With my AS3X Beast with a 2500kv motor and a GWS 5030 prop I recorded tached #'s of 11800-11950 RPM!!!..With my Hyperion G3 240mAh 2S batts I recorded RPM figures of 11550-11650RPM...

These new NanoTechs ARE DA BOMB!!!...You can hear the difference in RPM and definately see/feel the difference in flight...So much for those that say NanoTechs aren't any good...I'm ordering MORE!!!...I would have ordered more with my first order but when using the buddy code I had HK limit me to just 3 batts...

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Oct 05, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I just tested my new Turnigy NanoTech 300mAh 35-70C 2S batts...With my AS3X Beast with a 2500kv motor and a GWS 5030 prop I recorded tached #'s of 11800-11950 RPM!!!..With my Hyperion G3 240mAh 2S batts I recorded RPM figures of 11550-11650RPM...

These new NanoTechs ARE DA BOMB!!!...You can hear the difference in RPM and definately see/feel the difference in flight...So much for those that say NanoTechs aren't any good...I'm ordering MORE!!!...I would have ordered more with my first order but when using the buddy code I had HK limited me to just 3 batts...

Kevin
I was on HKs site last night looking at the 35c Nanos for my MCPx and almost bought them!
the 25c Nanos don't impress me but they are decent.. but these new ones should rock
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55